GW 2 - Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Resets

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default GW 2 - Goodbye to Armor Repair Costs and Hello to Free Trait Resets

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...-trait-resets/

The End of Repair Costs

Despite his recent defeat in the Captain’s Council elections, Evon Gnashblade has magnanimously decided to put all of Tyria’s experts in armor repair on salary. That’s right: the day is fast approaching when you will never again have to pay for another repair! Explore and experiment all across Tyria with no cost to repair your armor damaged in trial and battle. We feel the time penalty to return and repair accomplishes our goal enough to not need a secondary cost that punishes newer and less experienced players the most.

Event and Champion Loot

With the changes we’re making that remove some of the systems that take gold out of the economy, we need to make sure the economy remains balanced in terms of gold input as well. We’ll be reducing the amount of raw gold that comes out of champion loot bags and events in an effort to keep the economy balanced and spread out player activity a bit.

Mystic Forge

The Mystic Forge is going to get a lot of changes this year. To kick things off, we’re adjusting the way Zommoros distributes rare and exotic rewards a bit, allowing for more variation in output. This is just a stepping stone to further changes that will make the Mystic Forge a much better experience in the future. Please note: the rate of precursors will not be affected.

Trait Resets

With the coming feature build, you’ll be able to respec your traits anywhere in the world without returning to a profession trainer. To make the deal even sweeter, you won’t ever have to pay to reset your traits! We think the cost hinders experimentation and takes away from the fun of experimenting with builds in PvE, so we’re removing it entirely.

We think these changes will lead to a healthier game and more long-term fun. With the China launch coming up, there is no better time than now for us to improve the economy of the game.

More upcoming features
    Account-Bound WXP, Legendaries, and Ascended Gear
    Social Play Improvements
    Last edited by Seya; 03-27-2014 at 08:28 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Seems like they really want people to stay and not quit GW2. I'm guessing they're tired of the crowd that only comes back every few months for 1-2 pieces of content then quits. I'll give them credit though, they're doing a fairly good job of it.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Seems like they really want people to stay and not quit GW2. I'm guessing they're tired of the crowd that only comes back every few months for 1-2 pieces of content then quits. I'll give them credit though, they're doing a fairly good job of it.
    I must admit I got there myself, but, GW's market concept makes you feel comfortable knowing that you can always come back after new improvements have been made.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 55

Very cool, very good, etc.
    BUT ADD SOME SOLID CHALLENGING CONTENT!
    ||(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧||

Playing:
    A bunch of 2013 games I missed.
    TERA: MT - Qewpid - Inactive
    TalesRunner: Phaun - CB tester[/FONT]

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I don't even want content right now. I just want more skills.
    Picking a class then finding a weapon I like takes all of 30 minutes. Then I'm stuck with those skills forever. Hell you get your last skill at like level 30. There's still 50 more levels until you're maxed, nothing new.

Also armors at low levels, well most levels, are terrible, Monotonous.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)