MMO with Great PvP and alot of PvE actions (Storyline with LESS grindfest)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    Was there a major update to DCUO or something? Suddenly, everyone is talking about it again. Yet not long ago, it was considered one of the worst big name MMOs around.
    I don't remember ever considering DCUO being a terrible game. I remember Apoca and I actually providing some insight on how interesting the game is. I don't particularly remember the criticizing the game, other then the silly "exobyte" grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

Yeah to get good gears you have to grind dungeons weekly for exobytes to get higher QL gears which got me bored hence why i left when Wildstar beta came out and got me glued on ....

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfang99 View Post
    Yeah to get good gears you have to grind dungeons weekly for exobytes to get higher QL gears which got me bored hence why i left when Wildstar beta came out and got me glued on ....
    I dunno if you didn't play or just thought of that off your mind. But that's not how it went.

It's like this:
    You casually play to lvl 30 as usual, You get some interesting back stories on the Superheros/Villians. No Cinematic scenes, unless you call "Still comic strips" a cinematic scene.
    Then you hit level 30 and begin running instances (usually till level 1-4 player) to collect marks of triumph. Once you collect enough to buy your first armor set to raise your CR(Combat rating). You're able to participate in a raid(I'll share some insight on this/my experience with it later on).Raids also give marks of triumph, but raids are limited to 3 days to 1 week I believe. You do this for another 2 tiers of equipment, then you get an option at your third tier set to either:
    1. Farm a "shitload" amount of Marks
    2. Grind exobits to make exobytes, which create exo something(Can't remember)
    To meet the next tier requirements you need to do this, They continue to give you only these two options till 2 major patches ago where Sony attempted to balance this since the oldies that walked the streets of Gotham since superman was still on Kent farm had a crap load of Mark of Triumph. Then get this... Bring in another type of "Mark". I'll explain why this issue later while I share my experience with raids.
    So anyways, you rinse and repeat for the rest of the game. PVP is the same thing except you pvp for again get this, By pvping. So to get stronger, you gotta pvp. Arguably, this does make sense. You also can't buy equips on the market, although you can buy Exobits and Exobytes on the market. It's sort of expensive though. And there you have it. WELCOME TO GOTHAM!(Nerd joke). Actually that's endgame in summary.

Which brings me to my experience, My first raid was that Black Adams raid (I also wanna mention, Power Core+ is pretty hard). My first raid ended in a number of wipes but being a go getter, I kept at it. Regardless of the wipes and how expensive it was to repair my equip for about 30-1 hour of wipes, till (This is where the issue comes in) a CR 83 popped in, completely and totally dominating the instance. I'd like to mention just how nice this guy was, or rather the community. This guy showed a couple of us where each and every investigation was on the map. Told us to friend him and ask him to help when we needed it as he is usually just farming Exobytes which is a bore for him. I did take advantage of this young man however.

The carrying mechanic is a pretty large problem in the MMO industry which needs to be fixed or revamped. But that's not the point of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfang99 View Post
    Nah GW2 is one of major grindfest for end game though .... for skins not REAL gear to boost your characters
    lol if you call that grind i dont even know what to say. that's one of the fairest things i've seen in any game. if you want to grind for X amount of days for an item that can give you the edge over in pvp? or do you want a balanced pvp in terms of gear - usually grinding to make your character better ruins the competitive aspect of pvp

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Check the following

Cabal and Aion these MMO's have nation War PVP and I really enjoy it.

Eclipse War Online - I haven't experienced the PVP here, but if you are a LOL and DOTA player they say that the PVP here is a 3 lane Moba Style.

Cabal = IP Ban for Australian so no luck there and i quitted Aion due to lack of players or helpers for dungeons for lvl 54+ upwards all just self greed and elitest remarks...

And i dont like DOTA type games bored me to death...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

I'd say TERA or FFXIV. Both are solid games, and if you take the time to read there's a lot to enjoy.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by hyarume View Post
    I'd say TERA or FFXIV. Both are solid games, and if you take the time to read there's a lot to enjoy.
    TERA has some grindy bits if you do too many quests at once. (But they've added more since then, so sometimes there's too many quests to do.)

I'd also recommend FFXIV in this case, there are only 1-2 times you really need to grind. But, as a serious suggestion:
    • Don't do sidequests in other Grand Company areas unless you're using a class from that grand company's city.
    • Always do leves if you can't find sidequests for your own area.
    • Can't do leves? Do guildhests.
    • The game isn't PVP-Orientated, and likely won't be once territory wars (Fortress Capture) come out. The PVP System is pretty good though for target-based. (even if you lose, you still get EXP and wolf marks.)
    • Crafting classes and gather classes can be a grind though, so don't marathon them unless you can be patient.
    • If on Ragnarok, get into the DragonKillers Free Company asap if you want English speaking help. I will be renewing my subscription for FFXIV to help those in the FC there. Have about 20-30 "active" people in that FC from what I heard from the leader.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 03-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 · Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

I used to play FFXIV until Archer/Bard nerf but still awaiting for new classes to be added ....

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 38

MMO's kinda suck right now, WoW's old, all the good F2P games have become outdated, and all the new games are MOBA's. LoL kinda of ruined MMO's but I still love MOBA's, so I suggest you buy some steam games and play DOTA or Leagues or play the waiting game.
    Leagues of Legends:The Disciple (US)

Steam:The Otterpus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast