Do you still expect MMOs to be "Fun"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warioís Bad Accent Reputation: 32

If the game has a way to earn massive amounts of gold I find it fun. It's always fun to sell the gold for real cash.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 19

Community is an important aspect of any game to me, and this is only slightly less the case if I'm playing queue-based or room-based shooters and fighters and not an MMORPG. If I'm going into a game solo, I expect it to be only a timekiller unless the game's population is steady and everyone isn't piled up at the end-game. If I'm bringing a friend with me, I also find it fun.

After that, I can usually have fun with whatever the game itself entails. :P

I don't know what I was thinking to be completely honest.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

I agree with this comment. If the game has great gameplay and features then it doesn't have any community. It is not fun that why one of the words on an MMO is "Massively" it should be massive players in the game. Currently the game that I've played are Dragon Nest and Aion and it has massive community. Right now I am trying to check newly release MMO or under development like Revelation Online and Eclipse War Online and check the community once these games launch.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I only play something if I actually enjoy it, the generic MMO has had me turned off here lately, I've been enjoying LoL because I get the full game experience in about an hour, or an ARPG that I can hop right into the action ala Path of Exile or a Diablo-esque game.
    Currently playing:

League Of Legends (MasterBowens)

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

Yes. Always.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

"Fun" is subjective. What you find as "fun" on a certain MMO that you like might not be the case for others. Let me set an example:

Game: Ragnarok Online
    What I find as "Fun" in this game: Collecting and making Headgears and chatting with players.

Game: Eclipse War Online
    What I find as "Fun" in this game: Collecting and Combining Monster Cards to get a new one--totally random.

Game: Dragon Nest
    What I find as "Fun" in this game: Doing Solo Dungeon Runs and collecting plates

Game: Pangya! / Albatross 18
    What I find as "Fun" in this game: It's a golf game on steroids

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Most MMOs at the core are NOT fun. That's why most MMOs (and online games in general) rely on grinding and achievements to achieve longevity.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Guys, you need to put a contrast between fun and "good feeling from accomplishment". If you do something because it's fun that means you DON'T do it just for the accomplishment but because you enjoy the way to it.

You wouldn't say your job is fun just because you are happy when you get your paycheck.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Guys, you need to put a contrast between fun and "good feeling from accomplishment". If you do something because it's fun that means you DON'T do it just for the accomplishment but because you enjoy the way to it.

You wouldn't say your job is fun just because you are happy when you get your paycheck.
    Yup. What my twin sez.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12