Tales of Storm - Cross-platform MMORPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Tales of Storm - Cross-platform MMORPG

Hi,

please help our project. Site: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...torm/x/6206139
    Features:
    - deep story
    - the refined character advancement
    - reformed spell system, controls
    - hundreds of different locations
    - events
    - seasons, day-night cycles
    - lots of professions
    - revolutionary class system

Spell:

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

You advertise big (from the link Q&A), but so far you don't show that you can deliver A N Y T H I N G.
    Release Date Oct 2014 ? Lol. If that date is true, this would be a piece of crap at best.

In our game you won't have to complete missions like "kill 3 piggies" or "harvest this and that flower"
    So, what do you have then ?

In the game there will be different professions and specializations: in the game you can find different professions and specializations like treasure hunter, blacksmithing, cartographer, thief etc.
    And ? How do they add to the gameplay ?

The spell system will be completely redesigned. The spells won't be bored, you don't have to keep pressing button3 or button4. You can combine the spells, use more abilities at the same time.
    So, you press button1 and it casts spell3 combined with spell4 ?

Also, ................. That video on the campaign isn't "Gameplay" vid. AT. All.

Added: Lastly, this belongs in the Shameless Promotion
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Release Date Oct 2014 ? Lol. If that date is true, this would be a piece of crap at best.
    Yes, Oct 2014. The terrain, models, creatures and NPCs are ready.

So, you press button1 and it casts spell3 combined with spell4 ?
    For example, you press fire and shield spell = fireshield or you press fire and attack = flaming sword /flaming arrows.

Quests: Each mission exciting, interesting, food for thought will be.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Even if you have terrain, models, creatures and NPCs ready, putting them all together and even just writing the all socket communication code takes years. Also assuming you are done in Oct 2014, how do you manage to spend $300000 in just half a year? Are you hiring an elite team of super coders who are able to write an MMORPG in 6 months?

The idea is nice, making an MMORPG that differs from the norm - basically you want to do a The Secret World in medieval setting, that's great.

But the campaign won't be successful. MMORPGs are very hard to crowdfund in the first place, they are very expensive to create and their main income is based on getting people addicted to them or asking for a monthly fee. You will hardly get people to pay ahead of playing.

Also on IndieGogo it's unlikedly to expect getting more than $50000, even if you are the best project ever. You also used flexible funding meaning when someone pledges goes to you even if you don't meet the goal. Can you actually make the MMORPG even if it's just $10 pledged? I doubt that. Most people won't fall for that.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

You guys do notice..this is called self promotion. the person who posted helped create the game
    Quoted from Kashis
    "I have a penis, I don't need to play as a guy to be reminded of that."

Every time you promote a crap browser game...I die a little inside.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Your indiegogo page also has 3 comments, but it seems all of them are private? Seems legit.

Game Journalist Reputation: 53

I see a lot of problems with this project. The first thing to look for when funding a project is who is behind it, you want someone you know you can trust. In your About Us section, it just says you are gamers bored with the current MMOs. This doesn't tell me much about your experience and how you can deliver.

From a programming point of view, your timeline is very optimistic. Only 3 days listed as debugging (a couple of times, so maybe 10 days of debugging), this is a huge assumption that the game will not be buggy. Even for a small project it can take a long time to fix bugs, it is a process that goes on forever. Your timeline is also very short, I don't see an MMO being published in under a year.

I like the initiative but you need to show your capability before asking people to contribute.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Created By:Mate Nemeth
    Ok, so who's this dude ?
    Let's see what he has done.

Written 0 Comment
    Made 0 Contribution
    Got $25 for previous project from 275k
    This is quite a joke.
    Even my Kickstarter Stats look better than this fella.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 229

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/h]Ok, so who's this dude ?
    Let's see what he has done.

This is quite a joke.
    Even my Kickstarter Stats look better than this fella.
    Even my kickstarter stats look better then that.

Anyway, learn to promote, and not "No boring spell blablabla". What you've said about it's still a specific combo it makes, so instead of pressing one button, you press two. That's putting in more effort then needed (and not for you guys, I'm talking about the players.)

And to give the fatality hit. Wtfack do you mean with "life-time subscription". You actually plan to go a freemium model or p2p? Cause both won't work. Heck, you only got $1,- for a $300,- fund.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast