NevenTale, the first MMO without grind, now live on Kicksatrter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

This thread is the hype :P
    I think the video focuses way too much on building the world. Which EQNL is still super fresh on everyone's mind.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Plot twist: there's gonna be grind.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 42

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    You can't kickstart an MMO. The expenses are insane compared to single player games and this promises all this fancy "next gen" shit and so on. No, it won't happen. Even if it gets funded the project will either be halted before anyone even gets their hands on some real gameplay or will end up being watered down bullshit we normally get from asian country developers.

It's a fantasy and will stay a fantasy unless somebody decides to invest dozens of millions of dollars in it.
    They are clearly stating in the video, that they're raising the money on kickstarter to proof to potential funders/publishers that this kind of game needs to be made. Their idea isn't creating an MMO with 2 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    I think the video focuses way too much on building the world. Which EQNL is still super fresh on everyone's mind.
    My thoughts exactly. They would create advanced video-tutorials to give players the option of building something while EQNL gives you amazing tools to easily constuct anything you want from the get-go. In the video they really should have focused on player-based content building (quests, storyline-expansions and things like that), because, after throwing money at EQNL I don't really feel convinced enough about doing the same here, as it just appears to be another EQNL-experience.

That being said, I do like the idea of gathering all players with different interests in one, big game. I've seen some amazing minecraft constructions, that I'd love to see implemented in an (MMO)RPG game.

For now - with this video, it just looks like an EQ:Next-clone (also implementing buildings from players from EQNL) with a different graphical approach and harder-to-learn creation tools. I'm really interested in how quest-/storyline-building and NPC-creation would be handled. I do see a lot of potential there. Convince me with that and I will gladly support the project.

I don't understand how almost everyone in this forum keeps complaining about the same-old-experience with MMOs nowadays, while bashing on new, refreshing ideas with a lot of potential.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    $500 of $2,000,000 raised. Where is the hype? Here is my $1. Use it well.
    This post reminded me of those Kickstarter parody videos where the backers are like "Hmm...hmmm *click click* something, something, okay here's a dollar"

This Kickstarter seems horrible haha and everything I just read on the donation page is stupid and makes no sense!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    They are clearly stating in the video, that they're raising the money on kickstarter to proof to potential funders/publishers that this kind of game needs to be made. Their idea isn't creating an MMO with 2 million dollars.
    Yeah, I get that. But there is no definite proof that even if they get funded, money will be thrown at them. They think they can attract investors but there is no guarantee to it. It doesn't help that they have no background either. This whole project is full of "what if" 's.

This is like every single kid in kindergarden comes out and says that they will be the next president of United States of America, now stop what you are doing and get to work getting this kid in presidential seat...yeah, not gonna happen.

Also, their "AAA" people they have "revealed" don't seem that convincing either.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 04-01-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

That art is horrible as well. The whole thing stinks. I'm not sure who gave them $500 but I feel bad. People need to be aware of Kickstarter scams

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Hey at least it does better than that other one posted here on the same day.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Related unrelated note;
    Have you guys seen that Game Theory video on youtube about how un-innovative games keep selling in millions while innovative games don't sell as much ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

That's not really a surprise is it? Or did you think all those game developers do un-innovative games because they are stupid?

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Related unrelated note;
    Have you guys seen that Game Theory video on youtube about how un-innovative games keep selling in millions while innovative games don't sell as much ?
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast