Starbound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Default Starbound

Does anyone play this? It's like Terraria except you can travel to different solar systems and planets exploring the different planets, etc. It's also procedurally generated, so the universe is almost limitless.

It's a great game if you enjoy exploration, mining and building. I can't emphasize enough the similarities between this and Terraria, and while Terraria had a better sound track, this is definitely the better game.

It is also online, although I can't find a public server that isn't password protected.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.

ArcheAge: 38 Gypsy. (Currently Playing)

Trove: On and off. 20 all classes.

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

I've got to say I am a bit surprised there seems to be no interest in this game in the two places I've made posts for it.
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    I've got to say I am a bit surprised there seems to be no interest in this game in the two places I've made posts for it.
    This was really popular when it first came out but the hype seems to have died down. I still play it every now and then but until we can mod it more to our liking then I won't be playing as much.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    This was really popular when it first came out but the hype seems to have died down. I still play it every now and then but until we can mod it more to our liking then I won't be playing as much.
    pretty much that, although I'm not really waiting for more mods lol. what it comes down to, is that the majority of the former players are probably just burnt out on Starbound. I'm personally waiting until the big progression change update that they've been hinting at.
    Messing around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

It is mostly because the game still feels like an alpha with them missing so much. And no novakids.

I like it just they still got a long way to go before it gets to where it can be played all the time.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 70

A lot of stuff is changing: http://playstarbound.com/more-combat-stuff/

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

It can only get better. The game is good but, like Jerov said, a lot of us bought it before or right during the launch and played the crap out of it. Consider us in hibernation until a big update comes in. :P

I still have plans on creating a 24/7 servers and still have the extra PC for it but, at the moment, it's not worth (to me) keeping up with until they make some changes on how we can operate and mod our servers. If you just got it you will be hooked for awhile. It's a really well done game of it's genre and I found myself restarting multiple times just to see how much things can change.

Can't wait for the Novakids. When they come out I will definitely be playing right away just to try them out.

Edit: In addition, the new aimable weapons is definitely looking good to me. This makes it even easier for me to create a PVP/Survival focused RPG server. It's just missing a few more features I'm hoping they will add (Some that I have suggested) and or let us add them in ourselves.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

I have a laptop I can use to dedicate to a server. If anyone knows how to do it let me know and I'll open it up to you guys if you ever come back.

I understand not playing right now it is lacking. A story would be cool. I keep forgetting it came out months ago, I somehow missed this one until recently.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Dawn View Post
    I have a laptop I can use to dedicate to a server. If anyone knows how to do it let me know and I'll open it up to you guys if you ever come back.

I understand not playing right now it is lacking. A story would be cool. I keep forgetting it came out months ago, I somehow missed this one until recently.
    I don't plan to ever join a server until they add the other sectors. Because they plan to add an X-Sector that has no PVP at all. (Since apparently, they don't want to add an option to not force PVP.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 ∑ Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I don't plan to ever join a server until they add the other sectors. Because they plan to add an X-Sector that has no PVP at all. (Since apparently, they don't want to add an option to not force PVP.)
    All 5 sectors have all been available since I've started playing the game. I got to the X sector last night, it's pretty cool. I also have a mod that adds 50 new biomes, so that certainly adds to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast