Rumble Fighter is closing down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    やめてください! Reputation: 296

Default Rumble Fighter is closing down.

http://rf.ogplanet.com/en/main.og

Dear Fighters,

With great sadness, we regret to announce that OGPlanet will officially be ending service of Rumble Fighter and shutting down the game's servers, effective as of May 23rd, 2014.

Despite our continued efforts, we were unfortunately unable to negotiate a continued service of Rumble Fighter with the developers. This deeply saddens us as over the past years, we have done our best to negotiate with and convince the developers into resolving technical and server issues, as well as shaping the game to be more fun and enjoyable for the users.

Rumble Fighter's Astro Shop will officially close on April 2nd, 2014, and after the game's closure, Astro refunds will be offered to all players who purchased any of Rumble Fighter's in-game items with Astros on or after February 2nd, 2014.

We would like to sincerely thank all who had the opportunity and pleasure to play Rumble Fighter during its time at OGPlanet. It has been an amazing and wonderful journey for everyone on the Rumble Fighter team over these past six and a half years and the game will be deeply missed by all.

As a thank you to our wonderful players, all Rumble Fighter players will receive 10,000 Rumble Fighter Astros on April 2nd, 2014, with which you will be able to purchase any in-game Astro items and continue to enjoy playing the game until the closing date. We will also be holding fun events to make these final moments memorable. After the game's closure, all Rumble Fighter GMs will be moving on to Tales Runner, so hopefully, we will see all of you there to start another long lasting legacy.

The Rumble Fighter team feels both privileged and honored to have been given the opportunity to service this game to such a dedicated and passionate community. It has been your commitment and dedication to Rumble Fighter that has helped make OGPlanet what it is today. We look forward to seeing you all in OGPlanet's other fantastic games for many years to come. With the release of Tales Runner coming later this Spring and a new, high adrenaline, Action Shooter coming this Summer, OGPlanet's lineup of games continues to evolve and grow, constantly offering players a strong variety of gameplay and a superior gaming experience.

From the Rumble Fighter team and everyone here at OGPlanet, we cannot thank you all enough for your years of dedication and support.

Rumble Fighter Team
    I'm kind of surprised to be honest. It had quite a long life (6 years AFAIK) and seemed to have quite an active community.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 19

Even though I never played RF much, I've gotta say that I'm a bit surprised, as well...

I don't know what I was thinking to be completely honest.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Even though I never played RF much, I've gotta say that I'm a bit surprised, as well...
    Yeah, I didn't play it much either. I mean it was a good game but I was never a fan of fighting games to begin with.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Rumble Fighter, Lost Saga, Survival Project and S4 League were the best Action MMOs I've played until Dragon Nest came out.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Yeah, I didn't play it much either. I mean it was a good game but I was never a fan of fighting games to begin with.
    Yeah... I was mainly warded off from RF due to horrible lag and the community.

But how I feel about RF is similar to how I felt with Trickster Online shutting down. As was discussed in the relevant threads regarding TO going away, the community was quite active and committed there also, and so I imagine the cash shop was also very fruitful. If I recall correctly, TO only died because Ntreev's contract was up.

I'm not sure if it's a similar case here, but unlike TO, I'm not familiar at all with what's been going on with the state of RF.

I don't know what I was thinking to be completely honest.

Random Chua Reputation: 47

Apparently, the new host is going to be GameCampus.

http://forum.gamescampus.com/forum/v...c594a76a2c8f43

Kinda surprised that OGPlanet is has to give Rumble Fighter up. Had some good times with it. Might play a few matches for old time sake.
    Last edited by Mikedot; 04-03-2014 at 05:28 AM.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

funny because there other games were doing much worse than RF, especially their newest title, Heva Clonia.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

I played it a bit last year. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. Fun game.
    I would have been surprised if it had actually been closing. Switching publishers/hosts? No biggy.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I played it a bit last year. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. Fun game.
    I would have been surprised if it had actually been closing. Switching publishers/hosts? No biggy.
    Switching publishers after 6 years of service is sort of a big deal, particularly when it seems to be an issue with the developers. Can't say it will do great with the new host.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    If I recall correctly, TO only died because Ntreev's contract was up.
    Yeah that's how Survival Project ended too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedot View Post
    Apparently, the new host is going to be GameCampus.
    *Vomit*
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast