Gay Preferences

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Gay Preferences

This is a serious question...
    Why do some L/Gs like members of the same sex who have many traits of the opposite sex?
    Why would a gay guy be attracted to a man who dresses, acts, talks like a female?
    Is it just because of the serpent surprise party?

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

i was actually reading about this the other day. well, i was reading about it in the context of women, because it comes up in Blue Is the Warmest Colour and i thought it would be interesting to look into more. i didn't really get much further than looking at wikipedia, tbh, but it seemed to imply that butch/femme pairings occurred a lot because the butch lesbians would defend the lesbian bars against attacks by homophobic assholes. i'd be interested in getting a more reliable answer though, if it doesn't make the answerer uncomfortable (if i'm being rude, i apologise).
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

also, not strictly relevant i guess, but i'm straight i think and consider tomboyish looking women to be super attractive. why? idunno. more likely than not not we'll get a similar answer from dem gays tbh ;]
    Last edited by postrook; 04-06-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

You are probably wondering "if they like men, why do they like men who look like women, shouldn't they simply be straight if that's the case?" Well, here's the thing, even if a guy acts and talks like a woman, they are still a male, from a biological point of view.
    Now this isn't exclusive to gay men or women, why are some heterosexual women attracted to effeminate men? Same goes for men that find tomboyish girls attractive.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I think it's because people have more than one aspect that they like about someone.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    also, not strictly relevant i guess, but i'm straight i think and consider tomboyish looking women to be super attractive. why? idunno. more likely than not not we'll get a similar answer from dem gays tbh ;]
    I like em too. There's actually a really cute tomboyish girl at my job who I would love to date. We have a lot in common too; too bad we both only like women though.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life.

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

Jesus H ****ing Christ.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145

Society still has the mentality that sexuality is black and white, when it's really not. If American culture wasn't so restrictive and conservative, I bet more men would be open to exploring bisexuality.

There are common, general preferences shared amongst most straight men/women and gay men/women, but everyone is custom-made.

The simplest answer is: genes and environment.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Well I think all human cultures have elements of being restrictive and being conservative... Since humans often don't like major change.

I think it's horrible to forcibly attempt to curb someone's sexual orientation - even if it were possible.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I think Charlie Day is an attractive man.