Shamelessly I'll admit I practically grew up with Runescape. I still love the game to a degree, but there's little left for me, so now a new quest: to discover a new world packed with lore and intrigue.
I do like the way that runescape played, I've had a bit of trouble finding something that filled the gap of reaching 99 in a skill, and the gap in wealth of players.
I tried WoW a while back, but it just didn't quite do it.
I'm looking for a Fantasy RPG.
Here's my list of things I find appealing for an MMO:
- Lore. This is probably the most important one to m
- Quests. Goals that are easy to quantify, not necessarily a game built exclusively on me doing whatever I want, but quests that add to the lore of the world and require skilling.
- Skilling. Not the most important thing, but I do love skills in general.
- Gods. It makes a character feel more complete when you attribute religious views to them
- Building. I love the idea of creating a house of my own, preferably one that others can see. Hell, even if it's just a room of my own I am pleased.
- Items. Both legendary and not.
That's all I can think of at the top of my head. I know there's nothing that'll be a perfect fit, but any suggestion is welcome! So please, if you know of anything I should enjoy, let me know. I don't much care if it's F2P/P2P, but I really dislike micro-transactions.
The NA version won't be out for a bit, but I advise looking into ArcheAge.
In addition to combat level, there are 10 combat specializations to level and combine for a total of 120 classes.
There are 21 crafting/gathering skills.
You can own/build your non-instanced farms, houses, and castles.
You can also craft a variety of ships... There's a Row Boat, Interceptor/Speed Boat, Merchant Class, Two Battle Ships, and a Fishing Vessel.
Old school PvP. Be a pirate/bandit and kill people for their trade goods.
There are at least 10 god-like figures tied to the classes. I can't really say much about the lore because I am playing the RU version.
Questing is the weakest part. It's, for the most part, traditional kill and/or collect.
I'm not really too familiar with these kinds of games, I guess the suggestions above already fit best to what your requirements are.
Since you game from Runescape you might also want to check out Eldevin. It's a let's say Runescape-inspired MMORPG.
I agree, All gamers has different requirements when it comes in finding MMORPG to play. For me I like MMORPG with lots of transformation and moba style PVP just like Eclipse War Online. But if you will ask me, I like MMO that focus on reality. Like for example in a city, just like Saints Row Third but with different class still focus on Warrior, rogue, mage and healer. This can be the Police, Theifs or Gangsters, Witchcraft and Nurses lol I can't imagine for healers ahaha or can be priest.