ESO announces its first content patch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Fantastic game. Definitely a breath of fresh air. It is unfortunate people feel the need to trash it without giving it a fair shot. And don't pretend you did either! We all know you played one of the first betas and made your decision. If you tried betas towards release you would have been hooked.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    Fantastic game. Definitely a breath of fresh air. It is unfortunate people feel the need to trash it without giving it a fair shot. And don't pretend you did either! We all know you played one of the first betas and made your decision. If you tried betas towards release you would have been hooked.
    HAHAHAHAHA!! u act as if the last beta made the game do a 180 and it's some magical perfect game that is worth a monthly sub! the game is very bland and does nothing special. its a mmo with the elder scrolls name tacked on so people would play it. if this game didn't have the elder scrolls name on it then everyone would just see it as a generic fantasy mmo like it is. i don't feel bad for all the people paying that monthly sub cause they lost a lot of money when game goes b2p in a year(if that long)

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

I personally dont care much for the Elder Scrolls franchise so my liking ESO has nothing to do with being a fanboy.

I like questing: ESOs questing is abundant and solid.

I like building my character how I want: ESO gives me full control over how I want to play and doesnt lock me into anything except my initial class choice.

Exploring is fun: ESO rewards exploring with free skill points and exp.

Endgame: ESO literally has something for everyone here.

Not seeing a generic fantasy mmo here...

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!! u act as if the last beta made the game do a 180 and it's some magical perfect game that is worth a monthly sub! the game is very bland and does nothing special. its a mmo with the elder scrolls name tacked on so people would play it. if this game didn't have the elder scrolls name on it then everyone would just see it as a generic fantasy mmo like it is. i don't feel bad for all the people paying that monthly sub cause they lost a lot of money when game goes b2p in a year(if that long)
    lol what a moron. game already has 6 mil subs, good luck waiting for it to go free to play.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

wait how is any of that special? i have seen live streams and reviews and everyone said the quests are very generic(go fetch this, get me X of this, or go kill this guy) u can't say end game as something for everyone as u are one person. there are still gonna be people who say the end game is shit and doesn't have enough. oh good u payed $60/$15(usd mind you) to run around and "explore?" money well spent my friend! But alas i digress. nothing i say will change u guys from spending ur money monthly on this game. so no point in saying anything else. oh 6 mil people bought the game? thats fine seeing as the first month is free. that "sub" number is going to drop right after that free month. keep defending this game with your life though. you are bound to change someone's mind and make them waste their money too. right? right...?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    wait how is any of that special? i have seen live streams and reviews and everyone said the quests are very generic(go fetch this, get me X of this, or go kill this guy) u can't say end game as something for everyone as u are one person. there are still gonna be people who say the end game is shit and doesn't have enough. oh good u payed $60/$15(usd mind you) to run around and "explore?" money well spent my friend! But alas i digress. nothing i say will change u guys from spending ur money monthly on this game. so no point in saying anything else. oh 6 mil people bought the game? thats fine seeing as the first month is free. that "sub" number is going to drop right after that free month. keep defending this game with your life though. you are bound to change someone's mind and make them waste their money too. right? right...?
    And you're going by what other people said? Haha, I did same thing after I played the beta and even made a thread saying that it didn't have much of a future. The quests really aren't generic. There's a handful here and there that are something like that, but they're usually part of a larger quest chain. Those type of quests are at a minimum. Some people like spending 15 bucks a month and running around and "exploring". Oh and Zenimax did that part right too, exploring is one of this games best features. Of course the sub month is going to drop after the first month. You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. This game is NOT for everyone, which is cool, but someone who sits and trash talks the game is not. This game has 20 years+ worth of lore in it and it does a great job of putting it in one game. That being said, the game isn't perfect, far from it. They still have some work to do, but besides a few bothers I'm having a good time. Your ignorance is noted and I'm not seeing what you're gaining from bashing this game. You're just another one of "those guys" that is complaining mostly because of the subscription fee. 15 bucks a month is 3 days I can make my own lunch instead of eating out when I go to work.
    Last edited by Mxerdude; 04-09-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

At the end of the day "wasting money" is a matter of opinion. I wont miss that 15$ when its gone and ill get a month of playing a game I personally enjoy. You cant decide for me that its a waste of money.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

I dont like Diablo 3....its nothing like skyrim what was blizzard thinking... I dont like WoW becouse its not skyrim

its like the only complaint about ESO I see 90% of the time aside from it being Generic
    get with the times your not gonna get anything refreshing or new or original its all been done till somthing like Virtual reality comes out I highly doubt your gonna see anything remotely "refreshing" or new.... but sadly people are to blind and love to argue about everything and anything about any MMO's that come out nowa days...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    i actually impulse bought the game and played it for about a full week.
    in short, a lot of the quests are bugged and not worth doing, the dialogue is shitty and the voice actors are extremely dull (the voice actor for the prophet even changes after a point )

the combat system is highly flawed and i personally would've preferred a polished tab-target system similar to wow/archeage, but they just HAD to try and re-create skyrim combat and make it worse (implying skyrim combat is anything to write home about lol)

skills are lacking, and pretty much every class will run the same build while leveling because there is no point not to aoe grind to get to 50 in 24 hours.

end-game? what end-game? more aoe grinding to get to vr10 to do some laughably bad raids because the combat system is so awful.
    only good thing about ESO is cyrodiil, but like gw2, it won't keep the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    i actually impulse bought the game and played it for about a full week.
    in short, a lot of the quests are bugged and not worth doing, the dialogue is shitty and the voice actors are extremely dull (the voice actor for the prophet even changes after a point )

the combat system is highly flawed and i personally would've preferred a polished tab-target system similar to wow/archeage, but they just HAD to try and re-create skyrim combat and make it worse (implying skyrim combat is anything to write home about lol)

skills are lacking, and pretty much every class will run the same build while leveling because there is no point not to aoe grind to get to 50 in 24 hours.

end-game? what end-game? more aoe grinding to get to vr10 to do some laughably bad raids because the combat system is so awful.
    only good thing about ESO is cyrodiil, but like gw2, it won't keep the game alive.

There is a HUGE point not to grind to 50. It is your own fault if you want to rush and choose most AoE build out there. I am personally going full support on a Dragon knight. It will be slow going for me but i'll get to 50 when I do and with the skills I want! Again, that is COMPLETELY your fault.

Combat is probably the most enjoyable combat I have experienced in an mmo. I will pop an armor boost skill, then hurl a rock ball at oponents knocking them down while shooting them with my staff, They will get and get too close in which I will snare them and quick roll away and continue shooting them down :P. oodles of epic ))

If you got to endgame in a week you should go outside more. If not, you can't say anything about endgame lol. You were not there.... And raids will not be laughably bad, because combat is great.

Candyholic, you sound kind of like a troll. Everything you said was your opinion and you are definitely in a minority when it comes to people who have ACTUALLY played the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast