ESO announces its first content patch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Bawnawgwa View Post
    So you would prefer a MORE fail asian monster grinder? No? Ok then, point invalidated.
    Amazing you could read my mind. Asian grinder, No I wouldn't want that.

Do you want to play a game where every monster matters? Yes!

For you for some off reason that means Asian grinder... I swear you rookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    its not skyrim but... its just not skyrim.

im having a hard time deciding whether i should buy this or not, the reviews/opinions seem to vary greatly. i guess ill just watch some more gameplay till i can decide.
    the combat is roughly equal to skyrim (a.k.a really bad lol, artificial hit confirm that got added right before release), the questing is ok? but it's so unbelievably slow to level via questing it gets really boring because most of the quests are very similar in design.
    dungeons are worthless, you get 1 skill point and about 3% xp, the loot is negligible because you can just craft whatever you require.
    i liked the fact that everything is crafted, but in the end it doesn't matter because you will just farm public dungeons over and over to get materials to break apart so it's not like it's a struggle crafting stronger gear.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Verde View Post
    The fact that this game even started as B2P+P2P is because of the name.

Also, by your logic it seems that anyone who has a 'negative opinion' about the game 'doesn't know what he's talking about'? ...Ok then.
    Not really sure where you are picking this up. I said no such thing. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.

Let me give you an example of what Im trying to say here.

Valid negative criticism: "Mobs dont give worthwhile exp and questing gets repetitive" or "Rewards from dungeons arent enough to make them worthwhile"

Not valid/uninformed criticism: "Its not Skyrim so its crap, keep wasting your money" or "generic fantasy mmo lol"

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

"....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Fuel for the fire ?

... ESO seems to be shaping into a very good MMORPG, if nothing else. And let me be clear, the game is FULL of content. I've put 40+ hours into the game on just one character and I've only just reached level fifteen....you can definitely take your time and have something to do constantly...

True to its name, the questing in this game puts the questing in almost every other MMO to shame. Almost every quest you do will be part of some story-line you can't help but be immersed in. The voice acting, the writing, the choices – they all add up to the signature Elder Scrolls story-telling experience that we've all come to love. And ESO has it all.the choices I make do have an effect on how the story-arc ends. You might choose to give a greedy Lady a cursed crown in order to trap her spirit and teach her a lesson, only to find out that she has her innocent servant touch it before she does and instead traps his soul. Or you could just give her the true crown and keep the current trapped soul in his prison so that no innocents would be sacrificed to free him. Almost every other quest you do will have you make some choice or another that will affect the outcome.

Another great thing about the questing is it actually impacts the world around you. Well, to be clear, it impacts your own personal vision of the world. Due to the phasing technology that ESO employs, the world you are seeing can be quite different than that of your friends. Sometimes this is as simple as making a previously hostile zone free of enemies (or vice versa), or it might make the Wyr Sisters show up to help a struggling town with their wounded, after you've saved their Wyrd tree.
    This actually kinda makes me want to buy

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaz View Post
    Fuel for the fire ?

This actually kinda makes me want to buy
    The game's quests make you make CHOICES and they actually impact the outcome of the quest. I'm not sure if you get different rewards though. I remember one where I either had to choose the save this guy's dad or make his son go get him alone(Which would probably result in him dying, plus the town would burn down) or save the town from being burned down by the bandits and run them out. It's a good game and has a lot of depth. These people with their "opinions" really aren't giving it much of a fair chance and are rushing through. If you play strictly to get to max level you WILL get bored, but if you take the time to explore and appreciate the lore, it's really fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234