Your Idea of an Ideal MMO?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 36

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    You should learn how to write a proper "Game Design Document".
    If you don't have anything that relates to the topic at hand or contributes to my post, keep your shit out of here.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

A perfect game for me is a server that is completely managed by a complex super AI. That way, the world and environment is always changing every moment and every day. Every individual players can make an impact on the world no matter how big or small. A game with such an AI doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddia View Post
    And the fact you need to pay about $100 every week to get somewhere in the game...
    shows you don't know how to play?

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 15

The basis of my ideal MMO would be:
    -less quests. MMOs have too many quests nowadays. It makes the game boring actually, and very linear. Its an MMO, not a single player. Just get out there and explore! Having too many quests just makes you feel like youre everybody's *****; i want to explore the world for MYSELF! That way, when you DO have a quest, it will be important and not overshadowed by all those other useless filler quests.
    -BIG maps. I love big maps. Not ones with vast amounts of nothingness. I want small caverns, canyons, forests, etc. Ever been inside the Catacombs in Duskwood in WoW? That was the best exploring experience I've ever had. What about Crawler's Nest in FFXI? Those are the kind of places I want to find and explore.
    -Good music. Good music makes the game 100% better man. Hell, I can just sit in the forest and listen to the music and do nothing else in my ideal MMO. ex: Music from FF or Pristontale, etc.
    -The ability to differentiate my character from other characters in some way. Doesn't have to be looks, but certainly must be in terms of skills/gear. I want to be able to experiment with cool builds. Just in simple ways, doesn't have to go too in depth. Sometimes simplicity is more fun than complexity.
    -Cool skills many classes
    -Good mob AI
    -Fantasy. I really like WoW and FF type stuff lol. Basically a very enchanting and mystical world.
    -Gear upgrading system. I think a good upgrade system is really good to create a wide variety of gear from preexisting ones. I really liked Pristontale's upgrade system. The enchant buffs from WoW are good too but I want everyone to be able to do it instead of having to pay enchanters etc.
    -Fishing, farming.. I really like these lol.
    -having fun while leveling. You shouldn't have to rush to endgame to have fun, kinda like what happened to WoW
    -Lots of GM events. This is old school. No one ever does GM events anymore :/

I wish I could enjoy MMOs again but I don't have as much time as I did when I was younger.
    Last edited by Skyrax; 04-10-2014 at 02:47 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Open world PVE focused action game rpg . Set in current time or future , big cities to roam around in , hand to hand combat , grabbing enemies and smack them around or even throwing them in the air , could also have destructible walls or buildings , a lot of physics and 100% ragdolls .

Pretty much Prototype 2 or Infamous second son type .

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    If you don't have anything that relates to the topic at hand or contributes to my post, keep your shit out of here.
    My, my, my. Someone is easily offended. And mistaken.
    If you write a proper game design doc, then it will have more meaning than just random ideas, and maybe you can then make more out of it.

If you dream of having/making a game of your own one day, then a GDD will help you a lot.

But if you're just content with random idea, that's fine. Keep doing whatever you're doing.

Either way, I forgive you for your rudeness.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

Honestly my ideal MMO right now would be a hybrid of sandbox crafting, RPG questing, a strong focus on community RP, and MOBA style PvP, with factions and city raids. Basically WoW + LoL + Diablo, but with a mature community that focused on roleplaying.

Currently Playing: Achaea

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddia View Post
    And the fact you need to pay about $100 every week to get somewhere in the game...
    Only $100 per month bro :P
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    Honestly my ideal MMO right now would be a hybrid of sandbox crafting, RPG questing, a strong focus on community RP, and MOBA style PvP, with factions and city raids. Basically WoW + LoL + Diablo, but with a mature community that focused on roleplaying.
    Same here since MOBA has been more popular than MMORPG since I haven't heard any MMORPG that has this kind of feature. Maybe focusing on city not just Fantasy areas and they can go to hell and heaven. Then they will change job depends on what race they choose and its a battle of Angels and Demons and the Moba style PVP will be in the city.

I know one game that has Moba style PVP it's Eclipse War Online, that's why I'll check it on their OBT launch and see how it works.

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Narfi Hungry Willem View Post
    You pretty much described entropia except that it is scifi w/ magic not fantasy w/ magic
    too bad scifi games always suck
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast