Your Idea of an Ideal MMO?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fat Bowser Reputation: 33

Default Your Idea of an Ideal MMO?

Literally 5 minutes ago I was lying in bed, watching Criminal Minds and spontaneously began brainstorming what my idea of an amazing MMO would turn out to be. Being a fan of the good ol' Medieval and early, early American times, my idea went something like this:

It's in the early 1620s, Pilgrims have landed a few years ago but a bustling society has yet to be made. You have arrived on a British ship with a few hundred other people, some ill, some near death and the lucky are in fine condition. You have been given your rations of food and a minimal amount of equipment to survive and make your own home. Once the ship captain sets you free, the land is yours to conquer.

You begin in a small town with the basics: a general store to barter with, a small inn that sells produce and meat, and a housing area that currently has a meager 40-50 log cabins. The docks are packed with people departing and arriving; barrels, nets, crates and fishing equipment are randomly placed all along the area.

The supplies given were some tattered clothes, a small some of cash, and a dull blade.

Features:
    -Completely open-world, minimal quests (the quests are essentially tasks given by citizens that are 100% optional).
    -The wilderness contains ravaging wildlife, unknown plants, and riches to be discovered.
    -Build a house, log by log in any style or shape you desire, given that you have the materials.
    -As time progresses, the world evolves at a specific rate (10x, 20x, 50x, etc. real time).
    -Custom servers can be hosted at ease, each being randomly generated.
    -Barter and trade with (actually intelligent) AI using coin, minerals, resources or possessions.
    -The game world is to scale with the actual U.S. providing almost endless exploration.
    -Tame wild beasts (not so easy).
    -Grow your own crops in your claimed plot of land, raise farm animals, produce milk, eggs, etc.
    -A working economy that's (close to) factually based off the U.S. during that time in real life and changes with time.
    -A horse carrier/post boy system that provides randomly generated news, participate in elections, run for mayor of your own town.
    -Communicate with Indians by either offering peace or death.
    -Day/Night cycle.
    -All civilians are killable, shops rob(bable?) but a bounty will be placed on your head that increases in popularity and price the more crimes you commit.
    -(adding more soon)

Plants in the wild can either be harmful or beneficial. Newly discovered areas, plants, minerals, animals are automatically written down in your "notebook" in order to keep track of progress.

This is currently all I could think of but once my brain starts to function properly again I'll try to add more that I feel would be a great addition.

Feel free to add ideas, criticize something or come up with an ideal MMO of your own! It doesn't exactly have to be currently reasonable, it just has to appeal to your tastes.
    Last edited by firemonk98; 04-09-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 80

You should learn how to write a proper "Game Design Document".
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    pyrzern.deviantart.com/ - My Art Gallery
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Game Journalist Reputation: 386

I do something similar almost every night. I sit in bed and imagine what my perfect MMO/game would be. Of course, my ideas and preferences change over time, so I don't know if there could ever really be a "perfect" game for me.

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about an Elder Scrolls MMO, or at least a multiplayer-capable and heavily mod-able Elder Scrolls game. Honestly, I think the later would work much better. I have a lot of fond memories of the Persistent World mod for Warband, and I think something similar done with an Elder Scrolls game would be perfect. That's why I'm hoping that sometime in the future, we'll see an Elder Scrolls game with built in multi-player that could be expanded and modded to allow for a large-scale (100-200 or more online players on a single server) numbers of players. Kinda similar with the Persistant Worlds of Neverwinter Nights 1/2, but with a more sandbox twinge.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Fat Bowser Reputation: 33

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    You should learn how to write a proper "Game Design Document".
    If you don't have anything that relates to the topic at hand or contributes to my post, keep your shit out of here.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

A perfect game for me is a server that is completely managed by a complex super AI. That way, the world and environment is always changing every moment and every day. Every individual players can make an impact on the world no matter how big or small. A game with such an AI doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    If you don't have anything that relates to the topic at hand or contributes to my post, keep your shit out of here.
    My, my, my. Someone is easily offended. And mistaken.
    If you write a proper game design doc, then it will have more meaning than just random ideas, and maybe you can then make more out of it.

If you dream of having/making a game of your own one day, then a GDD will help you a lot.

But if you're just content with random idea, that's fine. Keep doing whatever you're doing.

Either way, I forgive you for your rudeness.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    pyrzern.deviantart.com/ - My Art Gallery
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 30

Honestly my ideal MMO right now would be a hybrid of sandbox crafting, RPG questing, a strong focus on community RP, and MOBA style PvP, with factions and city raids. Basically WoW + LoL + Diablo, but with a mature community that focused on roleplaying.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    Honestly my ideal MMO right now would be a hybrid of sandbox crafting, RPG questing, a strong focus on community RP, and MOBA style PvP, with factions and city raids. Basically WoW + LoL + Diablo, but with a mature community that focused on roleplaying.
    Same here since MOBA has been more popular than MMORPG since I haven't heard any MMORPG that has this kind of feature. Maybe focusing on city not just Fantasy areas and they can go to hell and heaven. Then they will change job depends on what race they choose and its a battle of Angels and Demons and the Moba style PVP will be in the city.

I know one game that has Moba style PVP it's Eclipse War Online, that's why I'll check it on their OBT launch and see how it works.

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post

It's in the early 1620s, Pilgrims have landed a few years ago but Natives have yet to be systematically oppressed. You have arrived on a British ship with a few hundred African slaves, some ill, some near death and the lucky are in fine condition. You have been given your rations of food and a minimal amount of equipment to survive and make your own home. Once the ship captain sets you free, the land is yours to conquer. Every week, someone is accused of witchcraft and is burned at the stake.
    Edited for realism.

Currently Playing: Achaea

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

+1 Aktillum

I think my ideal online game would be League of Legends or Dragon Nest
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast