Hello to all RPG lovers.
I need your help and/or your opinion.
With some friends I created 6 years ago a browser based 2D MMORPG (free to play). I will give you below more details along with some screenshots and videos but let me tell you first the purpose of this post. This game exists only in a french version so far and for a long time I had in mind to build an english version. But the priority was always the satisfaction of the existing community and all the improvements which were popping out of our minds (and sometimes out of the minds of the players).
For the first time since the beginning we are not working on a large upgrade (we have several small ones scheduled) and I thought that perhaps we could go on with this english version. I donít want to modify the existing server because I donít think youíll find comfortable to enter an existing French community rather I would like to create a new server with a new community.
There will be a lot of work to adapt the scripts and some money to spend for the translation ( I hope that a great part of it could be done by a professional for consistency).
We are not a company but some people using our off-work time so before we start this project I want to make sure that itís worth it.
In other words is there enough people interested to play this game ?
If you just want a look at the game you can check this video done quickly showing a little insight of the game: http://youtu.be/bdVze8aIJgc
Or this one taken 2 years ago during a special event (at that time you had to click on the arrows around your character to move, now a right click in the general direction is enough).
So letís me present you our baby and if you can take a little time to tell me that you are indeed interested by this kind of game (or not) or if you know someone who could be, I would greatly appreciate.
Your journey in this fantasy world begins when you wake up in the middle of a desert not remembering much. From this point you create your own destiny.
You will first be training in the desert camp before choosing one of the 4 elements to guide you. Then after some time in your elemental land you will go to the famous town of Melrath Zorac and a whole new world to discover.
How to play
Action points are earned each hour:
- Competence points for PVE (and PVP if needed)
- Interaction points only for PVP
- Profession points for the craft
- Endurance points to move
The game is free to play. Bonuses are available to get some more actions points and help to pay for the server but their use is limited.
There is absolutely no restriction in the game for the free players.
At the beginning you choose between:
4 classes: (warrior, ranger, necromancer or magician )
4 elements: (air, water, earth or fire)
5 karmas (can change with your actions): (evil , harmful, neutral, or harmonic)
Your skin depends on these choices and will change accordingly to your karma. Some players are rewarded and are allowed to draw their skin.
- The mouse is used to move (right or left click). All the skills are available through keyboard shortcuts which you can configure.
- Each new level, you choose the characteristics you want to increase between vitality, address, strength, spirit, luck, resistance and precision (same for the skills).
- The maps and some monsters or PNJís skins are created with RPG Maker, the rest is homemade from scratch (some players helped a lot for the graphical part: items, distinctions, wolrdmapÖ).
- PVP is available almost everywhere (except in the taverns) and everything is done so a maximum of players can enjoy it. Thus, in some areas visited mainly by beginners, the level is limited: the high level players continue to have access to these areas, but if they do fight, their superiority is not too overwhelming
- Factions are an important part of the game. Each faction can grow or change karma depending on the karma of its members. A faction can build a fortress where members can sleep and avoid paying in the tavern.
- ingame chats are available as well as a forum for the roleplay (RP is encouraged but never an obligation)
- 500 maps
- 118 skills
- more than 1000 PNJ and 2000 events
- more than 600 equipments
- 74 resources to harvest
- 220 production recipes
- 750 drops
- more than 1600 items to collect
- more than 220 quests
- 350 monsters
- 330 distinctions
Thanks for your help and I stay available if you have any question or if you want to discuss