Sidonia no Kishi

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Default Sidonia no Kishi

This is based on one of my favorite mangas. I didn't know it would be getting an anime, so I was surprised when I noticed the first episode was available.

It's got a dark/dystopian feel to it. A lot of humanity has altered itself to survive in space. It's a mecha/space/military(kinda) series.

It's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity!
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

There was a really good miner manga I read a while back... Never can remember its name (Moon Town?) - this was before I started reading Japanese manga. If Sidonia no Kishi is anything like this I'll be pleased! EDIT: Oh darn - the artist removed the comic.

EDIT: Ewwwwwwww - the aliens are grosss. I'm liking chapter seven. Just as long as they don't show the aliens.
    LOL when they're about to kiss and the aliens come. I'm interested in the plot development of chapter 16.
    ... Not sure whether the tentacle-dress in chapter 27 is disgusting or pretty.
    Chapter 36 is more what I wanted from the plot

It's very suspenseful but I don't really like any of the characters...
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-15-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

42 Reputation: 44

I've read the manga of this up to like chapter 11.

And it really reminds of the end scene in End of Evangelion how the Gauna change and crap.

It's a very interesting series but I wonder how the anime will address the darker elements that were conveyed really well by the manga.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10