is love real?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Default is love real?

Ive been wondering this for a while. is love a real emotion are something that was forced into or minds and dna? through generations and generations. ive been wondering for a whole what love truly is as i cant seem to feel this thing called love. so what is love? is it real or is it all false? mabye i am just heartless and undercareing which if i am then forgive me. thanks guys

:.:edit:.:

i really do not know how to explain it. But i cannot show love to any one. I give a hug and i feel nothing from it. No emotions at all. Nothing. So this is why i am asking on what love is. Am i damaged to not feel any thing. Another thing is. I feel no passion for anything. I had to kill two mice last night. Knife right through there skulls and i felt nothing from it. It just seemed like something that had to be wiped from this earth to be returned to mother earth. Am i just fu.cked up in the head? or is there a term or something called for this issues i am having? thank you all

:edit again damn it:

the mice or field mice that invade or home. i dont just go out and kill stuff for fun. but this i had to do to prevent them from spawning even more mice. i got five in my room i feed and keep as pets even if they are wild. they keep me company
    Last edited by not.all.there; 04-12-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 233

Mental illness is a *****, eh?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Is sentience real?
    If so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    i felt nothing from it.
    If you had empathy for the things you harm then it'll create cognitive dissonance. Better to feel nothing at all. We're a predatory species. We survive by devouring life. If you have a problem with that then either make up some justifications or stop regarding inferior species as intelligent. Our culture is a long way from any semblance of animal rights so get used to disparity between emotions and reality.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-12-2014 at 03:37 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 277

idunno, i've never had mice in any place i lived. i'd probably set out a lot of poisoned traps if i couldn't get them out in a nonviolent way. clearly yr way more hardcore than me :P

i'm all for nature, and kindasorta consider myself a pantheist, but there are limits/boundaries.

so uh, i wouldn't be too worried, i guess.
    Last edited by postrook; 04-12-2014 at 03:56 AM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Game Journalist Reputation: 394

Dunno

But I do know, is I have a hard time killing mice. I just can't do it. Why? Because they don't bother me. This isn't the 1300's where a mice (or rat) in my house is going to suddenly lead to my getting a horrible disease and/or losing all my food. I can easily purchase a few cheap plastic boxes to keep my food in, so that the mice cannot get to it. I can take a vacuum cleaner and clean up their poop in an instant. They're a part of this Earth and their lot in this Circle is to find shelter and live. As long as it's not affecting me in a way that makes it so I can no longer live, I see no reason to end their life.

That being said, I do not go out of my way to save their lives and I don't care if other people kill them (as long as they're not doing it just so they can have fun...). And I suppose rats are a different story when compared to mice. As most mice cannot break the average humans skin. Rats could definitely do so, though.

I'm the same when it comes to bugs, as well. I despise them. Especially spiders, because I have a phobia. However, I don't go out of my way to make sure they die and are unable to live in my house. I will, however, kill them if they get near me/get within my personal space. As long as they don't interfere with me, I wont interfere with them.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 04-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

Interesting. The fact that you keep a few as pets would indicate you likely consider them more than a simple pest.

This is something you may want to mention to your psychiatrist.

Edit:
    Yes love is real but it's actually caused by Midi-chlorians; not magic.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-12-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

This is one of those questions where nobody is going to have a right answer, but everyone is going to act like they do anyway.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    This is one of those questions where nobody is going to have a right answer, but everyone is going to act like they do anyway.
    I may not have the answer, but I do know the question

*edit* or youtube won't let me link it... Yes I'm getting that parse thing outta there.

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM
    Last edited by Pok; 04-12-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Best indicator that the question itself is faulty.
    People can project w/e they want into it.

No dubs, you are not normal.
    You are so far from it, that you are clueless as to what it is and youll never be normal.

There are puzzles to large to fit together in a lifetime. A stable state of mind is found in letting go of the hurry to force things. You are trying to smooth out the surface of a lake with your hands. That's not how it works.

@Loric: Really just quoted you, because it's the best answer to this thread there ever will be.
    Last edited by Ronin; 04-12-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Stay frosty.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 45

It is only as real as you want it to be

'06
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    ESO
    EVE Online

Find me on twitter! @nikkonasty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast