Can anyone help me remember this game? .. oh, and recs for grim/dark mmo/mmorpgs too!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Question Can anyone help me remember this game? .. oh, and recs for grim/dark mmo/mmorpgs too!

Hello. I recently got a new computer, so now I can finally play all the games I couldn't before.

Before I got my new one, I tried one game out and really liked it, but my old computer couldn't handle it, and it looked like the people were floating around instead of walking. This is what I remember from it:

You can choose to be an elf or a human.. I can't remember if you can choose a side or not, I think elves and humans are aligned in this game. The game opens with the king (or someone important) giving a speech (you hear him talking). As he's giving his speech, the castle is attacked, and you have to run outside (or float outside in my case.) I tried playing further... but it was just too hard on my old comp.

Does this game ring any bells? I found it looking through game lists on mmohut but am having trouble finding it again.

Also, I'm in the mood for some gritty, grim, dark games. I've looked at fallen earth, but I'd love to find one others to try out as well. Besides for fallen earth, does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
    Michelle

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Allods Online sort of started that way IIRC, I'm probably wrong though.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 26

This might help if it is Allods. It seems to fit.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Yes! I think it was Allods! Thanks so much! Yay, going to go play it now that my PC can handle it.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 44

Path of Exile is quite grim, gritty and dark.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/

That video gives a good rundown of the major update that was recently added to the game and it basically shows what the game play is like for the majority of the game.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

Def allods online and now it's russian server