Dark Souls 2 - For those that played the console version [Need some information]

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Dark Souls 2 - For those that played the console version [Need some information]

Before i buy it for the PC i want to know how long the game is if you play through everything . And does it force you to play online after you turn human , cause i don't want surprises when i turn human that other players start killing me . Can i play it offline if i choose to ?

Didn't really find any information about that on steam or anywhere else ...

Thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Seya; 04-13-2014 at 11:54 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

How long?
    For you, probably 60 hours for your first character.
    The game has /infinite/ replayability though.

You get a notice when someone invades you, but at lower levels it's very low % that you actually get invaded.
    Beat the whole game without being invaded once.
    Also - you can get invaded in both hollow and human forms now, but like I said, low %.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Thank you for the reply , can i play with friends only , and is there an option that i can set to not get invaded ?

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

The online is the funniest part. Haha, at any rate, yeah around 60-90 hours for your first playthrough. You probably wont even get invaded on your first playthrough. Maybe once or twice. NG+ is a different story though, but by then you'll be used to the game. And if anything, you can get a ring that breaks when you die, but you keep your souls and humanity level, and you can then repair the ring again, so you effectively lose nothing.

"Creatures of the darkness keep away from the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Thank you for the reply , can i play with friends only , and is there an option that i can set to not get invaded ?
    well, if you play OFFLINE, you can't get invaded, but you can't play with friends either.

to play with friends easily, you both can purchase a ring from a vendor that lets you choose a god so both of you can find eachothers sign easier.

but honestly, online is the best part of the game - getting invaded is really fun if it's a fair fight (which with the changes it mostly is)

ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

I'm more of a coop type >.< . Getting PK'd in a single player game [Not an MMO so ...] is kinda a terrible idea in my opinion , rather play with a friend and take it easy .

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    I'm more of a coop type >.< . Getting PK'd in a single player game [Not an MMO so ...] is kinda a terrible idea in my opinion , rather play with a friend and take it easy .
    well, it's not your typical single-player game.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

so just a word of caution. since you don't want to be invaded, stay away from the Belfries unless you go offline or burn an effigy. they're optional areas, have nice stuff, but the covenant (think of it as a guild) that defends it will invade you within a few minutes, if not when you first step into the area. and you can fight up to two people as well in there. and it's a popular covenant because successful invasions will net you useful upgrade ore, and 10 runs will get you a rare piece of ore.

something else that hasn't been mentioned yet, the soul memory (SM) system. or basically, at least in your first NG run, you and your partners will need to be within not only a certain level to be matched, but also have acquired a certain range of souls compared to you. And this is acquired, not USED. some people say that SM doesn't affect co-op matching, others do, better to be on the safe side and assume you need both.
    Messing around.

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

For the most part, invasions in NG in my experience and from what I've heard from other people is nearly nonexistant. The only time I'd actually get PVP in DkS2 on a NG was when I wsa getting close to level 100-120 and within a specific area, and then it was only summon sign based PVP. However, with the appearance of the megamule, it seems NG PVP is becoming a lot more active in the typical "I wanna beat up newbs who stand no chance against me to feel better about myself" PVP, since defense and upgrades make a world of difference in this game. Not sure how long it'll take for the megamule to appear in the PC version.

From what I've read, though, Dark Souls doesn't seem like the game for you. The whole experience is based around being able to co-op AND invade/be invaded and you can't really have one without the other.

Well i love rpg's , a lot . Besides Open World Action games or games with XP progression. And this looks like a lot of fun if i can only get a friend to join me in CoOp . il have time till the 20th to make my decision , since i also want the pre-order bonus weapon sets .

Thank you all for the honest and thread specific replies .