A Tale In The Desert 7

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default A Tale In The Desert 7

Have you heard?

A Tale In The Desert is just a couple of months away from launching it's next tale! Under the new guidance and leadership of Pluribus Games, A Tale In The Desert (ATITD) is once again promising a very active development and player base which will breath new life into a long time favorite.

For those who have never played this game before, I encourage you to check it out! Set in ancient Egypt, A Tale In The Desert is a challenging crafter style game which builds it's foundation on the society. There are no monsters to fight or wars to wage. Instead, this game challenges the player and the community with issues such as bartering for goods and services, working together to complete large scale construction projects, and passing laws written by the players themselves which govern society! Starting off can be difficult, but I have never encountered a more friendly and welcoming player base eager to assist. There are so many things that make this game truly unique, but none more so than the culture of the community.

We are currently at the end of tale 6 and now is the perfect opportunity for new and returning players to brush up on their game skills and get to know people. For a limited time Pluribus has made the game free to play, so there's no reason not to give it a try!

I look forward to seeing you there.

Honasha

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

One of the best crafting-systems I have seen... But the graphics are dated.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I've tried ATITD a few times over the years. I've never been able to get into the game past the trial period, but I've always wanted too :/ The game seems incredibly interesting and fun, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new sandbox, or a game set in ancient Egypt.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I've tried ATITD a few times over the years. I've never been able to get into the game past the trial period, but I've always wanted too :/ The game seems incredibly interesting and fun, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new sandbox, or a game set in ancient Egypt.
    I had the exact same problems, and indeed a lot of people do. But I've done remarkably well this tale by following these basic tips;

1. Don't isolate yourself! - It's tempting to want to be out on the frontier, but that will only lead to getting stuck or lonely. It's a social game, come play with us!

2. Ask for help. - /join bazaar and /join l2pbs on day one. These are moderated Egypt wide boards where you can post trades and discussions. Not only will people help you, they would be happy to help!

3. Challenge yourself - some of the most rewarding things in the game are hard and take time.

4. Get involved - participate in game activities and you will learn faster, meet great people, and get more from your gaming experience.

5. You can't do it all - Don't try to do it all by yourself. I love soloing, but that's not what this is. Where I can, I do things on my own, but I know when to partner with others.

I hope this helps and I hope you'll come back for T7.