Starting Dragon Nest, who wants to join me?

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Default Starting Dragon Nest, who wants to join me?

I kind of feel like playing Dragon nest again now that they have added the new assassin class. I loved the skill based, skillshot based combat system in the game back when I used to play a LONG time ago (NA Closed Beta and a little in Open Beta). The PvP apparently is highly competitive in Asia with lots of cash prize tournaments, which is uncommon with mmorpgs.

Anyway I'm going to start a new character on the SEA server Greenwood (edit).

Do not waste your time with the NA version. I used to play the NA version, Nexon turely dropped the ball the NA version. There are tons of installation bugs and hackshield bugs. As a result there are no new players coming in and the game is basically dead. The support is also terrible.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 04-14-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    I kind of feel like playing Dragon nest again now that they have added the new assassin class. I loved the skill based, skillshot based combat system in the game back when I used to play a LONG time ago (NA Closed Beta and a little in Open Beta). The PvP apparently is highly competitive in Asia with lots of cash prize tournaments, which is uncommon with mmorpgs.

Anyway I'm going to start a new character on the SEA server Springwood.

Do not waste your time with the NA version. I used to play the NA version, Nexon turely dropped the ball the NA version. There are tons of installation bugs and hackshield bugs. As a result there are no new players coming in and the game is basically dead. The support is also terrible.
    SEA is IP blocked and so is NA. That's why there are 2 servers. If you can play on NA, you can't play on SEA, and vice versa.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

There is no IP block. I can play on the SEA server just fine.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Greenwood server here playing on SEA

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

What's the population like on the sea server? How long has it been around? Any decline in population?

How long have you been playing in Greenwood? I already lvled a character a bit on Springwood, but I might be willing to switch servers and restart on Greenwood.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    How long have you been playing in Greenwood? I already lvled a character a bit on Springwood, but I might be willing to switch servers and restart on Greenwood.
    Where are you from? I wasn't aware that NA allowed random countries into their version.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Kel Thuzad Alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by JigsawPuzzle View Post
    Greenwood server here playing on SEA
    I remade a new character on Greenwood and added you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Where are you from? I wasn't aware that NA allowed random countries into their version.
    I'm from NA. I said the SEA version for sure does not have an IP block because I can play it without using proxies. I don't know about the NA version. The NA version is absolute garbage atm.

The SEA version is fully english and I haven't experienced any noticable lag yet.

I've tried logging back onto my old NA account from Open Beta, but this is what I had to put up with: I had to download reinstall the game 3 times only to realize (through trial-and-error because there is no information on the site or forum) that there wasn't a problem with the instillation, but the patcher is crap. The patcher bugs and prompts you to reinstall the game. You have to close it and restart it several times each time getting the same prompt until it finally finishes patching. Then after that you have an hackshield error that EVERYONE gets and the forum letts you to download another workinf hackshield folder copy uploaded by someone, which I did. Then I can't log onto my main account at all, I get an error message. I can log into my alt account. I get into the game and around 10 mins in I get a hackshield error and client crashes, I relog and I keep getting the same error about 10mins into the game. Forum says disabling antivirus MIGHT fix the issue. Or I could submit a ticket and wait 3 weeks for an email response. At this point I lost patience and said **** it.

There is no way a game can get new players if they make every new player jump through so many hoops. This is why the NA version is deserted. The SEA version is very well populated.

It's unfortunate because on my NA main character I have the lvl 40 full legendary set all enhanced to +7~8 and quite a few legendary skill plates. They took a long time to acquire back when I used to play (lvl cap was 40 back then if I remember correctly).
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 04-14-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Is it p2w?

Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    Is it p2w?
    PvE is, as you can buy an item to prevent your equip from breaking when trying to upgrade it. But, gear stats aren't counted in PvP as far as I know.