are puppies real?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default are puppies real?

I have always been fairly normal. I never really stood out of either end of the spectrum. I do sometimes find myself wondering if things are what they seem; what's real.

Like when I was a child I remember my mother bringing home three puppies for me and my brother. One was solid white, except for a small black spot on its nose. Another was about the same size but much fluffier. It was mainly brown but had a patch of white on it's chest and black tipped, floppy ears. The third was the runt. It's color scheme was much the same a #2 but the brown was traded for a deep black.

We had them for a couple of weeks. I named my favorite(the runt) Snowball. Yes, Irony flowed through me even as a child.
    We were really enjoying playing with them until the fluffy one bit Charlie's finger. It wasn't a necessarily hard bite but it did send him running to mom.

I knew it was a bad sign, that's why I did it. I picked up all three and put them in a white cotton pillow case. I slung the yipping case over my shoulder and didn't hesitate. I went to the nearest tree and kept swinging until the cotton had turned to a dark, dripping red.

I dropped impromptu sack and headed to check on my brother. Never regretting it. I didn't feel anything.

I don't know what I should think about this, but my theory is that puppies may not be real. If they were, wouldn't I have felt something?
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-14-2014 at 09:59 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Puppies are real and you killed three of them. I happen to be one of the people who respects animal life, and what you did is horrible. Same goes for people eating meat. When someone eats meat, you are essentially hiring another person to kill animals (like OP's post) for a living. People wonder why animal rights activists hate animal murder, and it's because we see animal slaughter the same way as dog owners see puppy-killing.

@Farmer: I hope you're trolling because I hate kids who torture animals. You also kept bashing TuxedoSam long after she'd resolved all the issues I'd posted about (I shouldn't have posted about that) and your personal sense of ethics makes me uncomfortable.

I'm sure anyone who owns a dog would also be upset at what you did. Then again, some people eat dogs. I believe humans are animals so I believe killing animals is like killing humans, except my opinion is shunned by society, since people like their meat. inb4: "Are chickens real?" (imo animals are just as sentient as humans)

Also, if only one of the puppies hurt your brother but you killed three of them, then you are also a hypocrite, because you hurt two of the puppies before they hurt anybody, so you took revenge on another living animal for an action which it did NOT do but which you DID do to IT! So if a dog bit your brother and you killed it, then SOME people who don't respect animals MIGHT condone it. But you killed two of the dogs for no ****ing REASON, and moreover, you did it in the name of revenge for hurting people when YOU are the only one who started hurting THEM. Two of the dogs did absolutely NOTHING to ANYONE and you killed them out of revenge for the action that YOU did to THEM rather than any fault on the part of the two dogs that did NOT bite your brother. An analogy might be: someone in my house kills someone you know, therefore you kill everyone in my house, regardless of whether they were involved. Even if you don't care about the lives of other sentient animals (humans are animals too) it is ****ing messed-up to kill the two dogs that DID NOT bite your brother! Think about your actions before doing things.

P.S. I'm a vegetarian. A simple analogy is the humans and titans in Attack on Titan. It is natural for the titans to kill humans. The titans don't mind killing humans. But the humans don't want to be eaten therefore it is wrong for the titans to eat humans. The titans that respect human life feel bad about eating humans and I'm interested in where season 2 takes the plot. I consider myself at the top of the food chain and animals are below me on the food chain. It's natural for me to prey on animals and eat them, but if I were an animal I would resent being eaten, and hate anyone who ate my friends/relatives, therefore I think it is wrong to eat animals - because I consider animals to be sentient, and some animals to be intelligent. I urge everyone reading this thread to consider vegetarian/vegan ideology before claiming the moral high-ground. I do not excuse ignoring reality to justify self-convenience (i.e. eating meat at the expense of animals' lives and welfare) but my beliefs and ideals are not mainstream so there's no legal obligation for anyone to respect animals... But is the only reason that humans treat other humans with respect because of the law? What is the difference between a human murderer and killing an animal for sustenance? What if you get money or food from killing the human? These questions are ignored by most people, but I feel that thinking about these things pressures people into feeling empathy for sentient life. Furthermore, I disagree with the "killing is for the greater good" argument, because it automatically assumes that anyone who kills for sustenance is by default the spiritual superior of its prey (which is somewhat fallacious seeing as no one has a soul so they can't be "spiritually" anything). So religions that justify animal slaughter with spiritual superstitions are just ignoring reality at their own convenience in order to justify harming animals. By extension, religion is extremely useful for getting humans to kill each other - yes, killing humans - in the name of God.

EDIT: Ok dogs are carnivores so in theory you're saving animals from being slaughtered in the future... But I doubt that was your reasoning. So... If you agree with my views then you can justify your actions by pointing-out that you saved a lot of animals from being raised and killed to become dog food.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-14-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

lol^ this thread just got serious.

Currently Playing: TheHunter

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 69

My viewpoint on what is right and wrong is in line with how nature functions. To me, killing is part of nature as long as there is a purpose behind such action. (Such as food or territories. Though I don't believe cultivating livestock for food is right either. It's unnatural) Nonsense killing is absolutely terrible. You killed three puppies due to absolutely stupid reason that they bit your brother. That's absolutely horrible and you should feel bad.
    Last edited by M1nGs3N4yuk1; 04-14-2014 at 09:47 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Puppies are real and you killed three of them. I happen to be one of the people who respects animal life, and what you did is horrible. Same goes for people eating meat. When someone eats meat, you are essentially hiring another person to kill animals (like OP's post) for a living. People wonder why animal rights activists hate animal murder, and it's because we see animal slaughter the same way as dog owners see puppy-killing.

@Farmer: I hope you're trolling because I hate kids who torture animals. You also kept bashing TuxedoSam long after she'd resolved all the issues I'd posted about (I shouldn't have posted about that) and your personal sense of ethics makes me uncomfortable.
    Yeah! We all know we have to make fun of you, cause you're the genius that spend $800,- on a girl you've never met.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 12

I dunno, they are just so cute... TOO cute to be real.

And they know it, they abuse their cuteness to get us to do things! I mean, just look at that cute face, those eyes, those big.. big... eyes.... what is that? Kill all cats? Ok, kill all cats.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585

The strangest plottwist ever would be that this really happened.

I wrote an essay/short fiction thing about strangling a dog once in highschool for an exam. Got to read it in front of the class, which was odd (It was kinda good I guess). It's easier to write something psychologically disturbing compared to presenting it compellingly.
    Last edited by Ronin; 04-14-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Stay frosty.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Sometimes, I hate this community
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast