Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: are puppies real?

  1. #1
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default are puppies real?

    I have always been fairly normal. I never really stood out of either end of the spectrum. I do sometimes find myself wondering if things are what they seem; what's real.

    Like when I was a child I remember my mother bringing home three puppies for me and my brother. One was solid white, except for a small black spot on its nose. Another was about the same size but much fluffier. It was mainly brown but had a patch of white on it's chest and black tipped, floppy ears. The third was the runt. It's color scheme was much the same a #2 but the brown was traded for a deep black.

    We had them for a couple of weeks. I named my favorite(the runt) Snowball. Yes, Irony flowed through me even as a child.
    We were really enjoying playing with them until the fluffy one bit Charlie's finger. It wasn't a necessarily hard bite but it did send him running to mom.

    I knew it was a bad sign, that's why I did it. I picked up all three and put them in a white cotton pillow case. I slung the yipping case over my shoulder and didn't hesitate. I went to the nearest tree and kept swinging until the cotton had turned to a dark, dripping red.

    I dropped impromptu sack and headed to check on my brother. Never regretting it. I didn't feel anything.

    I don't know what I should think about this, but my theory is that puppies may not be real. If they were, wouldn't I have felt something?
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-14-2014 at 08:59 AM.

  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366
    marcipaans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Director of Acquisitions
    Posts
    9,863
    Rep Power
    19

    Default



  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,181
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Puppies are real and you killed three of them. I happen to be one of the people who respects animal life, and what you did is horrible. Same goes for people eating meat. When someone eats meat, you are essentially hiring another person to kill animals (like OP's post) for a living. People wonder why animal rights activists hate animal murder, and it's because we see animal slaughter the same way as dog owners see puppy-killing.

    @Farmer: I hope you're trolling because I hate kids who torture animals. You also kept bashing TuxedoSam long after she'd resolved all the issues I'd posted about (I shouldn't have posted about that) and your personal sense of ethics makes me uncomfortable.

    I'm sure anyone who owns a dog would also be upset at what you did. Then again, some people eat dogs. I believe humans are animals so I believe killing animals is like killing humans, except my opinion is shunned by society, since people like their meat. inb4: "Are chickens real?" (imo animals are just as sentient as humans)

    Also, if only one of the puppies hurt your brother but you killed three of them, then you are also a hypocrite, because you hurt two of the puppies before they hurt anybody, so you took revenge on another living animal for an action which it did NOT do but which you DID do to IT! So if a dog bit your brother and you killed it, then SOME people who don't respect animals MIGHT condone it. But you killed two of the dogs for no ****ing REASON, and moreover, you did it in the name of revenge for hurting people when YOU are the only one who started hurting THEM. Two of the dogs did absolutely NOTHING to ANYONE and you killed them out of revenge for the action that YOU did to THEM rather than any fault on the part of the two dogs that did NOT bite your brother. An analogy might be: someone in my house kills someone you know, therefore you kill everyone in my house, regardless of whether they were involved. Even if you don't care about the lives of other sentient animals (humans are animals too) it is ****ing messed-up to kill the two dogs that DID NOT bite your brother! Think about your actions before doing things.

    P.S. I'm a vegetarian. A simple analogy is the humans and titans in Attack on Titan. It is natural for the titans to kill humans. The titans don't mind killing humans. But the humans don't want to be eaten therefore it is wrong for the titans to eat humans. The titans that respect human life feel bad about eating humans and I'm interested in where season 2 takes the plot. I consider myself at the top of the food chain and animals are below me on the food chain. It's natural for me to prey on animals and eat them, but if I were an animal I would resent being eaten, and hate anyone who ate my friends/relatives, therefore I think it is wrong to eat animals - because I consider animals to be sentient, and some animals to be intelligent. I urge everyone reading this thread to consider vegetarian/vegan ideology before claiming the moral high-ground. I do not excuse ignoring reality to justify self-convenience (i.e. eating meat at the expense of animals' lives and welfare) but my beliefs and ideals are not mainstream so there's no legal obligation for anyone to respect animals... But is the only reason that humans treat other humans with respect because of the law? What is the difference between a human murderer and killing an animal for sustenance? What if you get money or food from killing the human? These questions are ignored by most people, but I feel that thinking about these things pressures people into feeling empathy for sentient life. Furthermore, I disagree with the "killing is for the greater good" argument, because it automatically assumes that anyone who kills for sustenance is by default the spiritual superior of its prey (which is somewhat fallacious seeing as no one has a soul so they can't be "spiritually" anything). So religions that justify animal slaughter with spiritual superstitions are just ignoring reality at their own convenience in order to justify harming animals. By extension, religion is extremely useful for getting humans to kill each other - yes, killing humans - in the name of God.

    EDIT: Ok dogs are carnivores so in theory you're saving animals from being slaughtered in the future... But I doubt that was your reasoning. So... If you agree with my views then you can justify your actions by pointing-out that you saved a lot of animals from being raised and killed to become dog food.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-14-2014 at 08:37 AM.

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    15,011
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    lol^ this thread just got serious.


  5. #5
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,489
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    My viewpoint on what is right and wrong is in line with how nature functions. To me, killing is part of nature as long as there is a purpose behind such action. (Such as food or territories. Though I don't believe cultivating livestock for food is right either. It's unnatural) Nonsense killing is absolutely terrible. You killed three puppies due to absolutely stupid reason that they bit your brother. That's absolutely horrible and you should feel bad.
    Last edited by M1nGs3N4yuk1; 04-14-2014 at 08:47 AM.

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,738
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Puppies are real and you killed three of them. I happen to be one of the people who respects animal life, and what you did is horrible. Same goes for people eating meat. When someone eats meat, you are essentially hiring another person to kill animals (like OP's post) for a living. People wonder why animal rights activists hate animal murder, and it's because we see animal slaughter the same way as dog owners see puppy-killing.

    @Farmer: I hope you're trolling because I hate kids who torture animals. You also kept bashing TuxedoSam long after she'd resolved all the issues I'd posted about (I shouldn't have posted about that) and your personal sense of ethics makes me uncomfortable.
    .
    Yeah! We all know we have to make fun of you, cause you're the genius that spend $800,- on a girl you've never met.

  7. #7
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 12
    DarkAshelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I dunno, they are just so cute... TOO cute to be real.

    And they know it, they abuse their cuteness to get us to do things! I mean, just look at that cute face, those eyes, those big.. big... eyes.... what is that? Kill all cats? Ok, kill all cats.

  8. #8
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,315
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The strangest plottwist ever would be that this really happened.

    I wrote an essay/short fiction thing about strangling a dog once in highschool for an exam. Got to read it in front of the class, which was odd (It was kinda good I guess). It's easier to write something psychologically disturbing compared to presenting it compellingly.
    Last edited by Ronin; 04-14-2014 at 01:31 PM.

    Stay frosty.

  9. #9
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Sometimes, I hate this community
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  10. #10
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Pretty much this.

  11. #11
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,854
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Talk about getting trolled. Haha. Phoe needs to chill out, dude got baited hard into feels.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    RIP the Dawngates : (

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  12. #12
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    In my opinion we humans or just animals that walk on two legs. We are meat and we should be able to eat each other if so we wish to do so. Killing is in our genes we cannot avoid it. You can say your not violent but we all are. About killing the pups. If that is what you wanna do then go ahead. I my self would never hurt a baby either in animal form are human form. Except those two mice i killed which i had to do. If any thing needs to be killed its us the humans.Not the animals they aren't destroying mother earth we are and we all need to be wiped from this world we live in.

  13. #13
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 113
    Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Why did the other two puppies need to get killed? A small bite from a puppy really doesn't make a valid reason to kill them...


  14. #14
    Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 12
    DarkAshelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude View Post
    Why did the other two puppies need to get killed? A small bite from a puppy really doesn't make a valid reason to kill them...
    They could have been werepuppies! Just had to make sure.

  15. #15
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    You guys are bloody idiots... We don't need to kill animals for meat when you can get them in the store!

  16. #16
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    You guys are bloody idiots... We don't need to kill animals for meat when you can get them in the store!
    ... Bunz that meat has to come from somewhere. On a twisted note; I have always wondered what human tastes like.

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 834
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    15,011
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by not.all.there View Post
    In my opinion we humans or just animals that walk on two legs. We are meat and we should be able to eat each other if so we wish to do so.
    duby for lunch, anyone?

  18. #18
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    ... Bunz that meat has to come from somewhere. On a twisted note; I have always wondered what human tastes like.
    human flesh taste like pork. but im the crazy one right? for knowing this.

  19. #19
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    ... Bunz that meat has to come from somewhere.
    I know... they get it from the wholesale right? Still no need to kill animals!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •