Help finding a game for some friends and I...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Help finding a game for some friends and I...

I have a group of 7 friends, and we're looking for an MMO to play extensively together. Normally we're in Raidcall just playing a bunch of different games and I know it gets boring for us... I also feel it will be a bonding experience for all of us. The thing that makes it hard is:

One of us is a WoW-head, One of us is a MOBA addict, One of us is a Military Sim addict, One of us is a Runescape addict, And I'm a Maplestory addict.

If anyone could help find an MMO for us to play, I'd be grateful. Try to keep in mind, we'd like an MMO where we can party up all at once. ie. Not like Vindictus where max party is 4 people, so we'd have to split up. I'd like for all of us to be able to play together.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

EntropiaPlanets - Fan Site I am involved with
    Entropia Wiki

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Well... you all have really different tastes in games, and I mean, REALLY different. The fact that you are looking for a game where you can form 8-member parties makes it even more difficult (most MMOs will only use 8 member parties for raids and such).

Since you are looking for a bonding experience I guess the best type of game would be one where you can build a town or community. Have you tried Minecraft? Perhaps all of you could join a single server and work towards building a town of your own.
    Albion Online, once it comes out (who knows when though) would probably be great for you too since it focuses on town building, collecting resources and protecting them from invaders (it's an open PvP game though).
    Even though I'm not a fan, games like DayZ, Rust or Nether Online are also very group-of-friends oriented.

Are you looking for F2P or P2P, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Well... you all have really different tastes in games, and I mean, REALLY different. The fact that you are looking for a game where you can form 8-member parties makes it even more difficult (most MMOs will only use 8 member parties for raids and such).

Since you are looking for a bonding experience I guess the best type of game would be one where you can build a town or community. Have you tried Minecraft? Perhaps all of you could join a single server and work towards building a town of your own.
    Albion Online, once it comes out (who knows when though) would probably be great for you too since it focuses on town building, collecting resources and protecting them from invaders (it's an open PvP game though).
    Even though I'm not a fan, games like DayZ, Rust or Nether Online are also very group-of-friends oriented.

Are you looking for F2P or P2P, by the way?
    F2P ^^; Only two of us can afford a P2P game
    Last edited by Jazzingo; 04-15-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 44

It would be literally impossible to find a F2P that appeals to all your likings. Therefore, you guys will really have to step out of your boundaries and be willing to try something new. Can you talk to your friends and come up with something that you all like? It could be the smallest of features that could really separate a game out for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    It would be literally impossible to find a F2P that appeals to all your likings. Therefore, you guys will really have to step out of your boundaries and be willing to try something new. Can you talk to your friends and come up with something that you all like? It could be the smallest of features that could really separate a game out for you guys.
    The point is just find one we'd all enjoy equally. We don't have to LOVE it. Just something we can use to bond.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Look into EQ2, Aion, and Lord of the Rings Onliine. All of these were p2p but are now f2p, which means they have the highest quality f2p there is. If you play a f2p game that was released as a f2p game... it will be pay to win, no question. They all are.

Aion is the only one that is TRULY free, meaning all content is yours at no cost, whereas lord of the rings and eq2 require you purchasing expansions when they are released. However eq2 is freaking fantastic. You guys can go do dungeons to level up, and these dungeons are MASSIVE. they seem to never end! Not to mention an ungodly amount of classes to choose from.

But yeah, you all play such different things it might be hard to find something you are all interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    (most MMOs will only use 8 member parties for raids and such).
    is this true?

Entropia Wiki

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

No Narfi, Eq2, WoW, Lord of the rings online, Aion, etc etc use a lot more than 8 for raids and usually 6 for dungeons. However, ESO and FFXIV use 4 for normal dungeons and FFXIV uses 8 for "raids", I don't know how many ESO uses. It seems 4 and 8 might be more common in newer mmos coming out for some reason? I don't know why. I do know that ESO will bump team limits up for harder content, but basic dungeons so far are 4

and what about team limits for normal play? the same?
    (and i thought 12 was limiting...)

Entropia Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast