One last Maplestory get together

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Honestly I'm kinda enjoying it. There have been so many quests that I've been distracted enough that I've gotten almost every level on accident. Kinda nice.

Who's the new class you mentioned?
    he is talking about luminous. he literally is the easiest most annoying class ever. u sit in the middle of the map and u have screen clearers. very irritating when u are trying to grind and he shows up. too bad this game has just gone to shit and u need cash shop to do anything later on. people won't let you in groups for boss raids and such unless u have perfect or near perfect gears. i played a year or 2 ago for a while and have a few level 100+'s but the game is just not good.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

I don't even remember my account pass or anything. Rip my cleric.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm moving this to the MMO section, you're not gonna get much attention here in the Lounge. This is a place where all of us who've given up on MMOs hang out, but still like the community too much to leave. I'll move the thread over there for you.

Why not everyone list their IGN if they plan on logging on? That'll at least give us an idea of who to look out for.

Mine is Oisterboy That's a Sunday, so I'll probably be able to be online the entire day, EST. Probably 10 AM - 10 PM.
    Thanks for moving this thread to get it more exposure and for helping me see who may be coming.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Starkler View Post
    I wish I had played this back when it was difficult. I believe my character is level 150, but then I just don't know what to do once I've done all the fun story quests, and also the issue with P2W, is it still that way?
    Well, in terms of attempting to solo bosses and some of the more extreme end-game bosses will require you to invest money into the game. Otherwise, you can still progress normally up until perhaps 160-170 then you'd have to deal with grinding mobs with millions of hp for decent exp.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I'm having a ton of fun with it. The exp change is well welcome imo. One level for 2 hours solo grinding was ****ing ridiculous. I just got from 86 to 90 today, that's amazing. I'll play this a lot more now. Probably get my bandit leveled up as well as my new warrior.

Love the skills change too.

I dunno. I don't pq and I like to play casually, so they tailored it perfectly for me.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Starkler View Post
    I wish I had played this back when it was difficult. I believe my character is level 150, but then I just don't know what to do once I've done all the fun story quests, and also the issue with P2W, is it still that way?
    There was P2W in Maple Story???
    There was no PVP or anything...
    Certain was pay 2 GATCHPA, GATCHPA GATTTCCHHHPPAAAA @-@
    Which was very addictive for some people.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Songz View Post
    There was P2W in Maple Story???
    There was no PVP or anything...
    Certain was pay 2 GATCHPA, GATCHPA GATTTCCHHHPPAAAA @-@
    Which was very addictive for some people.
    He meant P2W because people just started buying NX and then trading it for mesos to get the best gear for the most damage and I believe pvp was supposed to come out in Maplestory, not sure what happened to that idea though.

I have also made a twitter account if you would like to follow, I will note any major changes there as well. Follow me @MapleTogether
    Last edited by Tricks13; 04-17-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I found the secret to legitimately enjoying maple. Take a sip of an adult beverage for every 5%. Roughly 3 beers per level. By 75% you enjoy it a lot.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I'm having a ton of fun with it. The exp change is well welcome imo. One level for 2 hours solo grinding was ****ing ridiculous. I just got from 86 to 90 today, that's amazing. I'll play this a lot more now. Probably get my bandit leveled up as well as my new warrior.

Love the skills change too.

I dunno. I don't pq and I like to play casually, so they tailored it perfectly for me.
    Just saying, I would be very careful to get into MS at this moment. There's a reason why the populations are currently 5% the numbers they used to be.

Nexon customer service will just ignore you, there is no GMs, hackers run the servers, hackers can literally block you, crashing your client whenever they want or set up a bot to crash your client repeatedly every time you try to log in. Btw you don't have to start anything or do anything to have this happen to you. You could just look at someone funny.

Even if you pay tons of money, Live Chat supports will just close the chat/hang up on you, there's only 1 GM for all of GMS.

Some kid recently started slashing his wrists because he was getting bullied every day by hackers and the GMs ignored him for like 6 months. Not sure if he's ok

They regularly do these "Second Chance" event things, where they unban all the hackers, including perm banned hackers, dupers and so on. They just open the flood gates and let them back in. after they started doing that, hackers got even more cocky because they rightly figured that their bans can never be permanent so why bother following the rules

also even if you get banned for hacking or botting you don't get removed from the rankings anymore so almost the whole top 10 is illegit

basically the game has more hackers than GunZ or some other random F2P shooting/room based game, it's nuts

oh yeah and they made it so you have to pay like $1000 worth of NX to even have a chance at a lot of the bosses

if you still want to play despite this then rock on I quit recently btw
    Last edited by Retto; 04-18-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    Just saying, I would be very careful to get into MS at this moment. There's a reason why the populations are currently 5% the numbers they used to be.

Nexon customer service will just ignore you, there is no GMs, hackers run the servers, hackers can literally block you, crashing your client whenever they want or set up a bot to crash your client repeatedly every time you try to log in. Btw you don't have to start anything or do anything to have this happen to you. You could just look at someone funny.
    Customer service does suck, but there aren't many hackers all. If you find one, its typically an out of way area no one really bothers with anyways. The botting thing is pretty bullshit from like years ago, no one does that anymore.

Even if you pay tons of money, Live Chat supports will just close the chat/hang up on you, there's only 1 GM for all of GMS.
    I haven't bothered with live support but I do agree GM spottings are rare.

Some kid recently started slashing his wrists because he was getting bullied every day by hackers and the GMs ignored him for like 6 months. Not sure if he's ok
    There are stories about gamers being retarded all the time, the more extreme ones.

They regularly do these "Second Chance" event things, where they unban all the hackers, including perm banned hackers, dupers and so on. They just open the flood gates and let them back in. after they started doing that, hackers got even more cocky because they rightly figured that their bans can never be permanent so why bother following the rules
    False.

also even if you get banned for hacking or botting you don't get removed from the rankings anymore so almost the whole top 10 is illegit
    False.

basically the game has more hackers than GunZ or some other random F2P shooting/room based game, it's nuts
    You're comparing games with extremely low populations compared to maplestory. Its like saying a game with 1000 players will have more hackers then a game with 100 players. Its likely to have more hackers yes.

oh yeah and they made it so you have to pay like $1000 worth of NX to even have a chance at a lot of the bosses
    False.

tl;dr don't take this guys word, he is just a single person with a vendetta that spews incorrect statements

I bet this guy hasn't played at all recently, or in the past few years for that matter.
    Last edited by Faith; 04-18-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast