Personal story time. When I was in high school, early on, a girl came up to me and asked me if would like to go to the movies with her friend. Her friend was cute as hell, a little shy girl. I said "lol yeah sure" because she had approached me when I was talking with my friends.

I thought she was kidding the way she asked. It was so half assed, and I was a stoner dipshit punk rock kid who was neither here nor there.

Saturday rolled around and I had completely forgotten anyone had even mentioned it to me. I went to a party, or stayed up all night skating, or played my GameCube or whatever I did at the time.

A few days went by, and half way through the week, her friend approached me and told me how sad her friend was that I never showed up. I apologized profusely, told her I thought she was messing with me.

I never spoke again to either of them. She added me on Facebook at one point. I still feel genuinely bad every time I see her post. I'm not a mean person, and I definitely would have went to the movies with her if I knew. I don't remember **** all from my high school years, but I definitely remember her and I still feel bad. I'm sure she doesn't remember.