MMORPG's that are worth playing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

said you didn;t like tera much, recently got into that again myself. But seeing as how i liked aion i'd say stick it with probably, i liked the concept of pvp in that game, but it didn't seem like many people still pvp'd on the server i was on except on one side mostly. Tera was fun but in terms of fluid combat and such Aion wins so much over that. walking feels better in Aion and combat which to me is weird considering Tera is action based.
    Thinking about blowing off Tera and going back to playing my chanter on Aion.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

My only issue with Rift is that it seems to be badly optimized. I can run GW2 and FFXIV fine on my laptop but Rift turns it into a nuclear reactor.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by silent420 View Post
    said you didn;t like tera much, recently got into that again myself. But seeing as how i liked aion i'd say stick it with probably, i liked the concept of pvp in that game, but it didn't seem like many people still pvp'd on the server i was on except on one side mostly. Tera was fun but in terms of fluid combat and such Aion wins so much over that. walking feels better in Aion and combat which to me is weird considering Tera is action based.
    Thinking about blowing off Tera and going back to playing my chanter on Aion.

When I saw pictures and videos of TERA was very surprised with the graphical power, imagine ... the last MMORPG I played was Perfect World, which at the time had very good graphics.
    But just creating characters TERA noticed missing a class Defence traditional ... not that class as a huge spear like Monster Hunter ...
    and was disappointed to see that the game was very poor in most immersive details ...
    Aion delights me very far when it rains your character is protected from the rain with an umbrella, or when it enters the water is moving .... and even Aion has a very cool system fly like angels

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    My only issue with Rift is that it seems to be badly optimized. I can run GW2 and FFXIV fine on my laptop but Rift turns it into a nuclear reactor.
    Yes it is very sad, it was for these reasons that I went back to playing on my PS3 offline RPG ... my computer was too weak to run games.
    But playing a game offline still miss the warmth, it's very nice to meet people from different parts of the world.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Well I play offline more of the time back when my PS3 was alive. Now I am playing online again and most of the time I play Dota 2. And now waiting for the OBT launch of Eclipse War Online this coming April 24th since I saw the MOBA style PVP and I am a MOBA addict player so I need to check this out.

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

I personally believe MMORPGs are worth playing, however I have always been a huge fan of raiding and am currently really enjoying what Rift has to offer.

However, as always it comes down to personal opinion and what you look for as a gamer.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

What's keeping me from playing Rift is the optimization too It's REALLY bad.I mean seriously they can fix this if they want to but it seems as though they don't care much.Some small tweaks once every few months does nothing.Absolutely nothing.My laptop heats up like an oven when playing Rift and it runs with 20-30 fps on normal/medium settings which isn't normal considering I run games that look 10 times more beautiful than Rift with 50+ fps.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

What are you talking about, Rift is not badly optimized, games like Tera are badly optimized cause they run shitty even on a 780ti. But Rift works fine on a friends 6770 and that's an old and weak card, and he has a dualcore CPU. It's not bad optimization when a game doesn't run well on an integrated laptop gfx chip.

Anyways Rift is OK, it's a pretty polished experience with lots of content. Neverwinter is also quite fun imho. Aion with the latest update is good. Dragon's Prophet is alright also, especially if you are into pokemon gotta catch them all

Quote Originally Posted by King_Grunt View Post
    What are you talking about, Rift is not badly optimized, games like Tera are badly optimized cause they run shitty even on a 780ti. But Rift works fine on a friends 6770 and that's an old and weak card, and he has a dualcore CPU. It's not bad optimization when a game doesn't run well on an integrated laptop gfx chip.

Anyways Rift is OK, it's a pretty polished experience with lots of content. Neverwinter is also quite fun imho. Aion with the latest update is good. Dragon's Prophet is alright also, especially if you are into pokemon gotta catch them all

I tried TERA, but I found boring and tiring after playing a few hours ... but I like to be fair ... TERA has beautiful graphics, immersive scenarios well ... but I do not know, it seemed to me that there is still something that RPG ...

I tried Neverwinter too, but seemed to be another World Of WarCraft without any innovation unless more action into your gameplay ... and also the camera was very misguided ...

Aion surprised me, I thought well Immersive matters of detail, character creation system is genius, movements of the characters ... very beautiful scenery also played until level 13 templar turn, but what upset me is the fact that the latencies of the game: (

I downloaded and installed RIFT as tips here in this topic of the play, but do not know ... he stuck in low quality, and I can not modify this problem ... I've tried in your cfg and no success ....:. (
    Last edited by Zanata-drummer; 04-19-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Zanata-drummer View Post
    I tried TERA, but I found boring and tiring after playing a few hours ... but I like to be fair ... TERA has beautiful graphics, immersive scenarios well ... but I do not know, it seemed to me that there is still something that RPG ...

I tried Neverwinter too, but seemed to be another World Of WarCraft without any innovation unless more action into your gameplay ... and also the camera was very misguided ...

Aion surprised me, I thought well Immersive matters of detail, character creation system is genius, movements of the characters ... very beautiful scenery also played until level 13 templar turn, but what upset me is the fact that the latencies of the game: (

I downloaded and installed RIFT as tips here in this topic of the play, but do not know ... he stuck in low quality, and I can not modify this problem ... I've tried in your cfg and no success ....:. (
    Have you checked the advanced video settings in game to make sure the 'low quality render' option is unticked?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast