Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: MMORPG's that are worth playing?

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default MMORPG's that are worth playing?

    Hello
    I stayed a while without playing MMORPG, now I'm looking for new MMORPG games but I'm undecided, many games nowadays.
    Unfortunately playing a MMORPG demands time and dedication, and how my job I can not lose too much time on a bad game.
    I would like the opinion of more experienced with play MMORPG games, and a statement about what game really worth playing ...

    Which game do you recommend me?

  2. #2
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    im pretty biased towards Smite for fun f2p moba playing, and for Champions of Regnum for fun f2p open RvR pvp mmorpg playing.

    But there are quite a few good mmos out now. I guess I will divide them into f2p and p2p/buy to play :-

    Free to play

    1) Regnum, Aion are both good f2p mmos with faction pvp.
    2) Lotro and Rift are both really good all round mmos, though their pvp is not good.
    3) Dofus and Wakfu are both turn based mmo which are really good.
    4) Then there are the huge trading mmos: Uncharted Waters Online - this might be closed for an update at the moment.

    All of the above are not considered pay to win.
    5) There are a lot of popular capable pay to win asian mmos which run on older machines also: Silkroad Online, RF Online, Conquer Online, SD Gundam, MU Online, Supreme Destiny etc
    6) Superhero mmos. A good one right now might be DC Heroes (i think that is the name).


    Here are the pay to play mmos :-

    1) TESO is the newest kid on the block. It's pretty shiny but is a bit bland.
    2) Wildstar is an awesome pay to play mmo. Much shinier than TESO.
    3) Eve Online - I find this could be a boring space mmo.
    4) Guild Wars 2 - very capable pvp mmo.
    5) Everquest 1 - this is still offered by Sony and is pretty good
    6) Dark Age of Camelot - very good pay to play faction pvp mmo...

    hm quite a few out there. what kinds do you like?
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,241
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    A game is what you make it.

  4. #4
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    im pretty biased towards Smite for fun f2p moba playing, and for Champions of Regnum for fun f2p open RvR pvp mmorpg playing.

    But there are quite a few good mmos out now. I guess I will divide them into f2p and p2p/buy to play :-

    Free to play

    1) Regnum, Aion are both good f2p mmos with faction pvp.
    2) Lotro and Rift are both really good all round mmos, though their pvp is not good.
    3) Dofus and Wakfu are both turn based mmo which are really good.
    4) Then there are the huge trading mmos: Uncharted Waters Online - this might be closed for an update at the moment.

    All of the above are not considered pay to win.
    5) There are a lot of popular capable pay to win asian mmos which run on older machines also: Silkroad Online, RF Online, Conquer Online, SD Gundam, MU Online, Supreme Destiny etc
    6) Superhero mmos. A good one right now might be DC Heroes (i think that is the name).


    Here are the pay to play mmos :-

    1) TESO is the newest kid on the block. It's pretty shiny but is a bit bland.
    2) Wildstar is an awesome pay to play mmo. Much shinier than TESO.
    3) Eve Online - I find this could be a boring space mmo.
    4) Guild Wars 2 - very capable pvp mmo.
    5) Everquest 1 - this is still offered by Sony and is pretty good
    6) Dark Age of Camelot - very good pay to play faction pvp mmo...

    hm quite a few out there. what kinds do you like?

    thank you queenvoo

    I've tried TERA, beautiful graphics, but I found the combat very boring and very strange class system ...
    Perfect World, Forsaken, Shaiya, Aika ... I thought mmorpg without much content.
    Allods, the combat system very weak and I think this RPG missed something, I do not know ...
    I was in doubt between C9 and RaiderZ ... do not know, it sounded interesting
    Neverwinter is awesome, but too similar to WoW, and the quests are too linear .... not have an open world like another MMORPG's

    Yesterday I finished downloading Aion, played until level 13 and it really was a game that I liked, although I like more action, I liked the movements of the characters, the scenery is very beautiful and also many interesting systems as pets and crafting.

    I even thought about playing RIFT, but it sounded very similar to WoW ... I liked WoW but after a playing time ended up being very repetitive ...

    RIFT is actually a copy of WoW?
    C9 or RaiderZ is a complete MMORPG ?
    Last edited by Zanata-drummer; 04-16-2014 at 10:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Game Journalist Reputation: 95
    Abubakr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,583
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Rift isn't really a copy but it closely resembles the style. It is a very polished game, very fun to play. You should give it a try since it is free now.

  6. #6
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52
    Heartyace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,343
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    im pretty biased towards Smite for fun f2p moba playing, and for Champions of Regnum for fun f2p open RvR pvp mmorpg playing.

    But there are quite a few good mmos out now. I guess I will divide them into f2p and p2p/buy to play :-

    Free to play

    1) Regnum, Aion are both good f2p mmos with faction pvp.
    2) Lotro and Rift are both really good all round mmos, though their pvp is not good.
    3) Dofus and Wakfu are both turn based mmo which are really good.
    4) Then there are the huge trading mmos: Uncharted Waters Online - this might be closed for an update at the moment.

    All of the above are not considered pay to win.
    5) There are a lot of popular capable pay to win asian mmos which run on older machines also: Silkroad Online, RF Online, Conquer Online, SD Gundam, MU Online, Supreme Destiny etc
    6) Superhero mmos. A good one right now might be DC Heroes (i think that is the name).


    Here are the pay to play mmos :-

    1) TESO is the newest kid on the block. It's pretty shiny but is a bit bland.
    2) Wildstar is an awesome pay to play mmo. Much shinier than TESO.
    3) Eve Online - I find this could be a boring space mmo.
    4) Guild Wars 2 - very capable pvp mmo.
    5) Everquest 1 - this is still offered by Sony and is pretty good
    6) Dark Age of Camelot - very good pay to play faction pvp mmo...

    hm quite a few out there. what kinds do you like?
    Good points and descriptions!

    Some of us still play Wakfu, and I'm planning on starting Wildstar. So I recommend those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your average commentor
    If she has anime flu, she will die.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

  7. #7
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    Rift isn't really a copy but it closely resembles the style. It is a very polished game, very fun to play. You should give it a try since it is free now.

    You're not the first person to say good things about RIFT, I'll see if my laptop can run ... if not I'll end up going back to Aion.
    The problem is that I think aion latency too bad

  8. #8
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Good points and descriptions!

    Some of us still play Wakfu, and I'm planning on starting Wildstar. So I recommend those.
    Yes queenvoo was very good at their tips and descriptions

  9. #9
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zanata-drummer View Post
    You're not the first person to say good things about RIFT, I'll see if my laptop can run ... if not I'll end up going back to Aion.
    The problem is that I think aion latency too bad
    Rift is more of a polished version if anything of WoW but makes it extraordinarily fun with the way class roles work, especially with the more recent update making every soul now able to go with any role they'd like to. RaiderZ is alright save for the long times between updates, mainly because Maiet doesn't really care that much considering the PWE server is really the only one left.

  10. #10
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Rift is more of a polished version if anything of WoW but makes it extraordinarily fun with the way class roles work, especially with the more recent update making every soul now able to go with any role they'd like to. RaiderZ is alright save for the long times between updates, mainly because Maiet doesn't really care that much considering the PWE server is really the only one left.

    because it would be too sad to play an MMO and be empty, I like mmo to play with other people so I dropped a bit consoles ...
    then mean that RaiderZ is empty? or will possibly end?

  11. #11
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 43

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    said you didn;t like tera much, recently got into that again myself. But seeing as how i liked aion i'd say stick it with probably, i liked the concept of pvp in that game, but it didn't seem like many people still pvp'd on the server i was on except on one side mostly. Tera was fun but in terms of fluid combat and such Aion wins so much over that. walking feels better in Aion and combat which to me is weird considering Tera is action based.
    Thinking about blowing off Tera and going back to playing my chanter on Aion.

  12. #12
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,709
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    My only issue with Rift is that it seems to be badly optimized. I can run GW2 and FFXIV fine on my laptop but Rift turns it into a nuclear reactor.

  13. #13
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silent420 View Post
    said you didn;t like tera much, recently got into that again myself. But seeing as how i liked aion i'd say stick it with probably, i liked the concept of pvp in that game, but it didn't seem like many people still pvp'd on the server i was on except on one side mostly. Tera was fun but in terms of fluid combat and such Aion wins so much over that. walking feels better in Aion and combat which to me is weird considering Tera is action based.
    Thinking about blowing off Tera and going back to playing my chanter on Aion.

    When I saw pictures and videos of TERA was very surprised with the graphical power, imagine ... the last MMORPG I played was Perfect World, which at the time had very good graphics.
    But just creating characters TERA noticed missing a class Defence traditional ... not that class as a huge spear like Monster Hunter ...
    and was disappointed to see that the game was very poor in most immersive details ...
    Aion delights me very far when it rains your character is protected from the rain with an umbrella, or when it enters the water is moving .... and even Aion has a very cool system fly like angels

  14. #14
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    My only issue with Rift is that it seems to be badly optimized. I can run GW2 and FFXIV fine on my laptop but Rift turns it into a nuclear reactor.
    Yes it is very sad, it was for these reasons that I went back to playing on my PS3 offline RPG ... my computer was too weak to run games.
    But playing a game offline still miss the warmth, it's very nice to meet people from different parts of the world.

  15. #15
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10
    JigsawPuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Where ever you will live, I will find you
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Well I play offline more of the time back when my PS3 was alive. Now I am playing online again and most of the time I play Dota 2. And now waiting for the OBT launch of Eclipse War Online this coming April 24th since I saw the MOBA style PVP and I am a MOBA addict player so I need to check this out.


    My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ
    Graphic Card: Zotac GTX 970 Amp Omega Core Edition 4gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Ripjaws 8gbx2 ddr3 1600mhz
    Mobo: ASUS 990fx Sabertooth R2.0
    Cooler: Hyper 212x
    Case: Cougar Solution AF-2

  16. #16
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I personally believe MMORPGs are worth playing, however I have always been a huge fan of raiding and am currently really enjoying what Rift has to offer.

    However, as always it comes down to personal opinion and what you look for as a gamer.

  17. #17
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    What's keeping me from playing Rift is the optimization too It's REALLY bad.I mean seriously they can fix this if they want to but it seems as though they don't care much.Some small tweaks once every few months does nothing.Absolutely nothing.My laptop heats up like an oven when playing Rift and it runs with 20-30 fps on normal/medium settings which isn't normal considering I run games that look 10 times more beautiful than Rift with 50+ fps.

  18. #18
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23
    King_Grunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    What are you talking about, Rift is not badly optimized, games like Tera are badly optimized cause they run shitty even on a 780ti. But Rift works fine on a friends 6770 and that's an old and weak card, and he has a dualcore CPU. It's not bad optimization when a game doesn't run well on an integrated laptop gfx chip.

    Anyways Rift is OK, it's a pretty polished experience with lots of content. Neverwinter is also quite fun imho. Aion with the latest update is good. Dragon's Prophet is alright also, especially if you are into pokemon gotta catch them all

  19. #19
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Grunt View Post
    What are you talking about, Rift is not badly optimized, games like Tera are badly optimized cause they run shitty even on a 780ti. But Rift works fine on a friends 6770 and that's an old and weak card, and he has a dualcore CPU. It's not bad optimization when a game doesn't run well on an integrated laptop gfx chip.

    Anyways Rift is OK, it's a pretty polished experience with lots of content. Neverwinter is also quite fun imho. Aion with the latest update is good. Dragon's Prophet is alright also, especially if you are into pokemon gotta catch them all

    I tried TERA, but I found boring and tiring after playing a few hours ... but I like to be fair ... TERA has beautiful graphics, immersive scenarios well ... but I do not know, it seemed to me that there is still something that RPG ...

    I tried Neverwinter too, but seemed to be another World Of WarCraft without any innovation unless more action into your gameplay ... and also the camera was very misguided ...

    Aion surprised me, I thought well Immersive matters of detail, character creation system is genius, movements of the characters ... very beautiful scenery also played until level 13 templar turn, but what upset me is the fact that the latencies of the game: (

    I downloaded and installed RIFT as tips here in this topic of the play, but do not know ... he stuck in low quality, and I can not modify this problem ... I've tried in your cfg and no success ....:. (
    Last edited by Zanata-drummer; 04-18-2014 at 11:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zanata-drummer View Post
    I tried TERA, but I found boring and tiring after playing a few hours ... but I like to be fair ... TERA has beautiful graphics, immersive scenarios well ... but I do not know, it seemed to me that there is still something that RPG ...

    I tried Neverwinter too, but seemed to be another World Of WarCraft without any innovation unless more action into your gameplay ... and also the camera was very misguided ...

    Aion surprised me, I thought well Immersive matters of detail, character creation system is genius, movements of the characters ... very beautiful scenery also played until level 13 templar turn, but what upset me is the fact that the latencies of the game: (

    I downloaded and installed RIFT as tips here in this topic of the play, but do not know ... he stuck in low quality, and I can not modify this problem ... I've tried in your cfg and no success ....:. (
    Have you checked the advanced video settings in game to make sure the 'low quality render' option is unticked?

  21. #21
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    bowens22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Eastern US
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If you like a MOBA can't go wrong with League of legends or DOTA 2, both are very high quality F2P, and aren't P2W.

    If you like an ARPG like the Diablo series, you could try Path of Exile on steam, a very solid and addicting F2P game, also not P2W

    when it comes to straightforward MMOs though I don't know, can't find any that are worth investing time into myself
    Currently playing:

    League Of Legends (MasterBowens)

  22. #22
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zanata-drummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    Have you checked the advanced video settings in game to make sure the 'low quality render' option is unticked?
    Olaph Yes, I've even searched on google solutions ... but nothing, it seems that it is a "bug" that was not selected by the RIFT team = (
    is a shame because the game actually looked pretty engaging, I think I'll keep it in Aion, I found the game very rich, and if by chance the latency problem persist I will continue trying to C9 Continent of the Ninth, which was another game that I liked too.

    I still want to thank everyone who helped me with tips.
    ps: in the future I will put my nick in Aion or C-9 for those who want to add me there in game =)

    Thank you all and God bless you all!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •