Is Smite the best moba now? Is it getting bigger and bigger?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

Default Is Smite the best moba now? Is it getting bigger and bigger?

So Im playing Smite and quite enjoying it (im pretty crap at it).

But it seems to me that Smite could be slowly hyping up to become quite a big smash hit. They are patching their gfx engine this week, scores of Gods, scores more to come, the Gods are fun to play, community very vibrant etc etc

Smite just went open beta in March 2014. Do you think Smite is lining up with more momentum to become a smash hit in 2014 maybe 2015?

What do you guys think of Smite?
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I don't much like it, though I can see why others do. I'd much rather play Cyphers, to be honest. :I A girl can dream.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
    I'd much rather play Cyphers, to be honest. :I A girl can dream.
    ;_; too bad it's never crossing the ocean. A game with a lot of potential over here.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    ;_; too bad it's never crossing the ocean. A game with a lot of potential over here.
    i'd rather watch cyphers lcs than smite.
    sigh

smite right now is pretty much easy money, and that's why people play it lol

there's a wolf in my heart

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

I've been playing Smite since closed beta all the way back in 2012 and still loving every moment of it. I've always loved competitive games. Before smite I used to play Bloodline Champions.

The thing I love about Smite and BLC over DOTA and LoL is the WASD movement. BLC is one of the few games that incorporated WASD movement in a isometric camera game and it is incredibly effective in my opinion.

DOTA and LoL are easier to get into for complete newbies to the world of online gaming. I remember my first game was Runescape and it took me a bit of time to get adjusted to WASD games (there weren't very many WASD games back then). Smite has a much higher skill cap than LoL and DOTA because not only are all auto attacks and abilities skill shots, but for effective juking you have to turn your camera incredibly fast (strafing is slower and less effective).

Smite is currently the 3rd most popular MOBA after LoL and DOTA.

Rock Man Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    Smite has a much higher skill cap than LoL and DOTA because not only are all auto attacks and abilities skill shots, but for effective juking you have to turn your camera incredibly fast (strafing is slower and less effective).
    Okay, after this sentence I assume you didnt play DOTA at all. I played DOTA for over 500 hours now, but I also play SMITE ( I have about 100 hours in it). Smite is very noob friendly game. Its easy to learn. DOTA on the other hand is very punishing game. In DOTA after 500 hours I still learn new things. Although I like the fact that you need to turn your camera in Smite to see if someone want to gank you.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

I would still say dota is the best MOBA right now - they have a huge roster and the game is always being updated and balanced. The community is not as toxic as LoL/Smite/Dawngate w/e you play. I've played them all and i have to say i got the least leavers/feeders in my Dota games.

easiest game to pick up would be Dota as well due to the community. it might just be me - but i enjoy reading up on mechanics of the game before i play it so i picked up dota pretty quickly and just kept on learning as i went on.

Smite is a great game hampered by a shitty community. but mechanics wise and production quality wise you can't beat valve.

dota is better for the folks that want to go pro as well - then LoL then Smite.
    Last edited by chakraflare; 04-16-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by DiablosPL View Post
    Okay, after this sentence I assume you didnt play DOTA at all. I played DOTA for over 500 hours now, but I also play SMITE ( I have about 100 hours in it). Smite is very noob friendly game. Its easy to learn. DOTA on the other hand is very punishing game. In DOTA after 500 hours I still learn new things. Although I like the fact that you need to turn your camera in Smite to see if someone want to gank you.
    Smite requires a different skillset than DOTA. 3rd player melee and skill shots aren't in the same wheel house as clicking your mouse different places on a map. I'm not even sure they can be compared to each other for this reason. Each games presents it's own set of challenges so I wouldn't say one is more easier than the other.

Personally I can't stand click to move games as they bore me to no end. I'd never choose LoL or Dota2 over Smite.

General Manager Reputation: 353

This thread is now about SMITE giveaways. Post below why you love the new SMITE Unreal 3 Engine upgrade to win one of two unlock codes for Kumbhakarna with his alternate skin.

Disclaimer: Only posts related to Kumbhakarna and Zhong Kui's jiggle physics need apply.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

42 Reputation: 44

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    I would still say dota is the best MOBA right now - they have a huge roster and the game is always being updated and balanced. The community is not as toxic as LoL/Smite/Dawngate w/e you play. I've played them all and i have to say i got the least leavers/feeders in my Dota games.

easiest game to pick up would be Dota as well due to the community. it might just be me - but i enjoy reading up on mechanics of the game before i play it so i picked up dota pretty quickly and just kept on learning as i went on.

Smite is a great game hampered by a shitty community. but mechanics wise and production quality wise you can't beat valve.

dota is better for the folks that want to go pro as well - then LoL then Smite.
    Agreed.

The balancing in League is always mind-blowing.
    Riot has the wrong balancing philosophies and League is incredibly stale to play. It's always the same champions we see and play against.

I wouldn't say DOTA is easy to pick-up though.

League is significantly easier to learn how to play.
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast