Is Smite the best moba now? Is it getting bigger and bigger?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Just for the record .. I like the new engine because it gives us new possibilities.Be that performance related,graphics,mechanics .. everything.I'm really happy that they decided to do it.Let's hope we get less lag and better FPS in the future thanks to this.
    The new guy is awesome.Anyone noticed the way his man boobs move Zhong Kui must be sad .. to have almost the same ones but not to be able to use them in this way Now how about that code ;D PM it if you were honest

I wouldn't consider SMITE the best moba for a number of reasons.First it's not played as much as Dota and probably never will be much less LoL which is HUGE.Even if you go to their youtube page you can see the difference.LoL has 3-4 mil.average view on EVERY champion spotlight while SMITE has barely 100k.That's just one of the factors that show how much less people play it.Not saying it's bad.I love SMITE because it's not like LoL.It's different but still the same in a way which attracts me both ways.I don't have much experience in Dota or Dota 2 to be honest.I never got into those 2 games.What kept me from them is the story.LoL has it's lore and for the most part it's connected.There are 110+ champions and each is connected to a faction or a city from which another champion is.There are personal relationships between some champions too.Rivalries,love etc.Smite is close to this but only because it portraits gods and all of them have their story.What I don't like is that only 1 sentence connects all of them .. war between gods.I wondered WHY are they fighting again ?! Fenrir wants Armageddon and all the gods from other religions want to stop that or ? Because that's the only decent story they have so far.The only god with a clear purpose and story is the wolf.I want a Fenrir skin in which he has a bow on his neck instead of chains .. maybe in a costume a.k.a Gentleman Fenrir

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    This thread is now about SMITE giveaways. Post below why you love the new SMITE Unreal 3 Engine upgrade to win one of two unlock codes for Kumbhakarna with his alternate skin.

Disclaimer: Only posts related to Kumbhakarna and Zhong Kui's jiggle physics need apply.
    I'd love one of those codes.

The new engine runes more smooth with my AMD set up then it did before. I can actually play the game on high now without losing too many frames. Never even knew there were people in the crowd on the arena and joust maps before today.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabontat View Post
    Just for the record .. I like the new engine because it gives us new possibilities.Be that performance related,graphics,mechanics .. everything.I'm really happy that they decided to do it.Let's hope we get less lag and better FPS in the future thanks to this.
    The new guy is awesome.Anyone noticed the way his man boobs move Zhong Kui must be sad .. to have almost the same ones but not to be able to use them in this way Now how about that code ;D PM it if you were honest

I wouldn't consider SMITE the best moba for a number of reasons.First it's not played as much as Dota and probably never will be much less LoL which is HUGE.Even if you go to their youtube page you can see the difference.LoL has 3-4 mil.average view on EVERY champion spotlight while SMITE has barely 100k.That's just one of the factors that show how much less people play it.Not saying it's bad.I love SMITE because it's not like LoL.It's different but still the same in a way which attracts me both ways.I don't have much experience in Dota or Dota 2 to be honest.I never got into those 2 games.What kept me from them is the story.LoL has it's lore and for the most part it's connected.There are 110+ champions and each is connected to a faction or a city from which another champion is.There are personal relationships between some champions too.Rivalries,love etc.Smite is close to this but only because it portraits gods and all of them have their story.What I don't like is that only 1 sentence connects all of them .. war between gods.I wondered WHY are they fighting again ?! Fenrir wants Armageddon and all the gods from other religions want to stop that or ? Because that's the only decent story they have so far.The only god with a clear purpose and story is the wolf.I want a Fenrir skin in which he has a bow on his neck instead of chains .. maybe in a costume a.k.a Gentleman Fenrir
    Eh....Just because the two are more popular doesn't make them better. That just means they're more popular. Tons of popular things are terrible, after all.

As for lore, while that is a nice part I highly doubt LoL has its large playerbase because of the lore. (Didn't Riot fire their lore team anyway RIP those journal entry...things) But I also have to say my opinion doesn't matter much since I don't really care for this subject, just wanted to point those things out.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDivider View Post
    Eh....Just because the two are more popular doesn't make them better. That just means they're more popular. Tons of popular things are terrible, after all.

As for lore, while that is a nice part I highly doubt LoL has its large playerbase because of the lore. (Didn't Riot fire their lore team anyway RIP those journal entry...things) But I also have to say my opinion doesn't matter much since I don't really care for this subject, just wanted to point those things out.
    I do kinda wish Smite didn't go the whole god direction though. While I'm sure they have tons of gods to pick from it probably stifles the creative process when you have to make sure you research and portray everything right, instead of being able to make your own characters from scratch. We'd probably have a ton more playable gods by now if they didn't have to be based around various mythology. Just look at how amazing some of the skins are that aren't tied down.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    This thread is now about SMITE giveaways. Post below why you love the new SMITE Unreal 3 Engine upgrade to win one of two unlock codes for Kumbhakarna with his alternate skin.

Disclaimer: Only posts related to Kumbhakarna and Zhong Kui's jiggle physics need apply.
    i am a graphics whore so i love it when smite upgrades their char models - and now the new engine is sick. haha and i love how they add the randomest things like jiggle physics. havent tried the new hero yet but will do when i get the chance. that new isis skin though looks so badass.

i'd love a code ^^

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 43

They're upgrading the engine?, did not know that. I'm not that big of a smite player though. I really only play assault and that's when i'm drinking. Hell that's the only time i play any moba nowadays. Still find it hilarious how people still tend to freak out on assault on not to well doing players.

As for the game getting bigger, i think it is. Don't think it will ever be bigger then LoL

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Airsyk View Post
    I do kinda wish Smite didn't go the whole god direction though. While I'm sure they have tons of gods to pick from it probably stifles the creative process when you have to make sure you research and portray everything right, instead of being able to make your own characters from scratch. We'd probably have a ton more playable gods by now if they didn't have to be based around various mythology. Just look at how amazing some of the skins are that aren't tied down.
    Except they don't? They sure take their artistic license seriously. Have you looked at their newer gods like Scylla? Sure, they do draw some inspiration from mythology but that's pretty much it, inspiration.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

there are countless numbers of gods - they can basically think of a hero concept and then google a god that they can base that concept on
    and vice versa.

i dont think it limits them in any way as they also have used Chinese heros as well. so with that being said there are limitless possibilities.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Except they don't? They sure take their artistic license seriously. Have you looked at their newer gods like Scylla? Sure, they do draw some inspiration from mythology but that's pretty much it, inspiration.
    Holy shit and here I thought I was the only one. People shit on Riot for making awful champion designs artwise but Smite is in a whole nother league of freaking terrible. The only thing they keep similar to the base mythology for each god is just the lore, most of the art designs are a freaking joke compared to how awesome gods and demons are portrayed in their original tales. Heck I should know considering I was a huge nerd for that kind of stuff through out Elementary and Middle School. Thats the one reason why I can never touch Smite, not even with a 10 foot pole, those god designs are freaking atrocious. Not to say League has top tier designs (Look at Twitch, Great character ruined by being turned into a generic saturday morning british cartoon character.) but atleast they don't base them off anything and shit on what the original was.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Holy shit and here I thought I was the only one. People shit on Riot for making awful champion designs artwise but Smite is in a whole nother league of freaking terrible. The only thing they keep similar to the base mythology for each god is just the lore, most of the art designs are a freaking joke compared to how awesome gods and demons are portrayed in their original tales. Heck I should know considering I was a huge nerd for that kind of stuff through out Elementary and Middle School. Thats the one reason why I can never touch Smite, not even with a 10 foot pole, those god designs are freaking atrocious. Not to say League has top tier designs (Look at Twitch, Great character ruined by being turned into a generic saturday morning british cartoon character.) but atleast they don't base them off anything and shit on what the original was.
    Did someone lose a League of Legends match? You sound mad bro, might wanna step away from your pc and enjoy "outside" you know, the thing with the big yellow ball in the sky.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast