Rumble Fighter Transferring to GamesCampus; OGP refusing to (properly) cooperate?

Random Chua Reputation: 47

Default Rumble Fighter Transferring to GamesCampus; OGP refusing to (properly) cooperate?

(I know there's already a topic on the transfer, but I felt this topic deserved its own discussion)

It sure seems like OGP isn't playing fair, considering all the messages that have been posted on the "new" official RF Facebook page, stating that Nimonix, the developers behind the game, were refused access to OGP's User History in order to do a proper service transfer to GamesCampus.

Now GamesCampus is stating that an account transfer service is now available, but the process is messy, complicated and only allows players to bring up to 30 items with them.

Account Transfer Process

1. Register an account with a valid email address at http://www.gamescampus.com (if you already have an existing GamesCampus account, you may skip this step). We will be contacting you through your email address regarding the restoration, so please provide a valid email address.
    2. Log in to the official User Account Transfer Event page (http://rumbletransfer.gamescampus.com) with your GamesCampus ID.
    3. Input and upload the relevant information for the following:
    a. Existing OGPlanet Profile & Email Address
    b. Used History
    c. Character Level & Items
    Is OGP really not going to play nice and let players transfer over their stuff without having to jump through all these hoops? I understand why they wouldn't want to give up RF, since it was their biggest money maker, but It's so incredibly unprofessional. It's all mostly speculation, but I kinda hope OGP goes under if this is all true. RF was one of my favorite games and it ate a good three years of my life away. It was also one of the first games I ever wrote an article for on this site and I liked it so much that I gave it a second review. I gained so many items over the years and now that I can only keep 30 of them makes me not want to bother with the account transfer at all.

http://forum.gamescampus.com/forum/v...f=964&t=140329

[Official] Regarding the announcement from the RF Team

Dear Fighters,

Unfortunately, we have not been able to use our OGP accounts any more.

As we said in the Service Transfer Announcement, we are greatly appreciative of OGP’s effort for Rumble Fighters service. So we don’t really want to finger point at OGP. As you know, only God knows the truth. We respect OGP’s opinion and also OGP must have their own stance on this position.

At this moment, as you all know, service is closing like OGP’s announcement said. We already crossed the river. If OGP really cares about it’s users, OGP should let users go and probably find other good games to satisfy users again.

We are always ready for the account transfer only if OGP let us have users ‘account data in a proper way to make a smooth transfer. We will keep trying to do the best we can do.

Fighters! We truly appreciate your support to Rumble Fighter! Whatever happens we will make the best for the new service of Rumble Fighter.

Sincerely,

NimoniX
    https://www.facebook.com/RumbleFighterRevolution
    Last edited by Mikedot; 04-16-2014 at 10:30 PM.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Not sure why you seemed so surprised about this Mike, OGP has shown in the pass that they're not only unprofessional in every way possible but are known to treat their customers like dogshit and have been known to mess up on not only updates and events, but when a purchase in the cash shop screws up, they basically say tough shit and scam you out of your money.

Random Chua Reputation: 47

Well I haven't been following OGP for awhile until the whole shut down announcement, so it's been awhile for me. I always knew that they were a bit greedy, but never really had problems with their customer support or staff back then. Things really must have gone downhill since then.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

やめてください! Reputation: 296

It might not mean a thing but gamengame is scheduled to have a CBT for LaTale on May, which is odd considering OGP is the current host for the NA version (which in reality is the global version). Makes me wonder if the LaTale devs are also considering switching publishers.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

If I remember correctly, they did the same thing with Lost Saga. We were supposed to get transfers but all we ended up getting was "Hero Packs" that contained almost all melee characters and old ones at that.

I'll never play another OG Planet game again.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

GOOD FOR OGP!

Rumble Fighter does not belong to be licensed by GamesCampus and as a developer who has run a strong community I would refuse to license it to them.

... Oh................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .............................
    GamesCampus already owns it, and OGP is just flopping on the transfers >.>
    Derp.

@MikeDot: Name one GamesCampus game that hasn't shutdown.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-17-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    It might not mean a thing but gamengame is scheduled to have a CBT for LaTale on May, which is odd considering OGP is the current host for the NA version (which in reality is the global version). Makes me wonder if the LaTale devs are also considering switching publishers.
    I wouldn't mind that, would be lovely to maybe have a server that doesnt have lag issues. I don't care for damage immunity post combo on mobs but it wouldn't be a hassle if not for OGP's "meh" server quality...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    GOOD FOR OGP!

Rumble Fighter does not belong to be licensed by GamesCampus and as a developer who has run a strong community I would refuse to license it to them.

... Oh................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .............................
    GamesCampus already owns it, and OGP is just flopping on the transfers >.>
    Derp.

@MikeDot: Name one GamesCampus game that hasn't shutdown.
    Asda 2 is probably their longest running game thats still up, so thats one.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Asda 2 is probably their longest running game thats still up, so thats one.
    I had a feeling someone would correct me.

..! Your avatar changed!

Yeah... But when Asda 2 came out they shutdown Asda 1! Well my point is that there's half a dozen games that GamesCampus shutdown at least once. Loved the games... But they didn't last.

... Though I guess that says something about playerbase... How players gamehop all the time.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.