Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Not really "save" WoW but, get more subscribers maybe lol. WoW is still the most populated MMO as far as I know, and pretty models can surely bring back people. IMO, ones character look is what people likes in MMOs. Cool armors, cool animations etc etc. Subconsciously, maybe.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

If you really think the models are the only thing people care about in the new expansion you really need to brush up on what the community likes. Sure there's a good portion that are glad the models are getting an upgrade and all, but a good chunk is mainly interested in either the new features the expansion brings, the fixes such as the stat squish, or the lore and being able to meet important characters, albeit an alternate dimension version but still them nonetheless, from Draenor, one of the more mysterious parts of the lore.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

If they really wanted to modernize it, they should rewrite the engine and make it into an action-oriented MMORPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

@Jermatoo and BooNeZ

Exactly. The models are a nice addition but they don't change the way the game is played. The entire system feels dated. Sure players will have access to new areas, new features, but the experience ultimately feels the same(old.)

That's why numbers jump around the time of expansions then fall lower than they were before. New players join and old players return. They experience the new content and leave alongside existing members.

Blizzard could make an effort to modernize and revitalize WoW or they can continue as is.

As is WoW will continue to bleed members until it is reduced to the point that it is...

A) An obscure F2P game. (See: Everquest 1)
    B) Closed.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-17-2014 at 05:04 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Well I doubt Blizzard has any true expectations to reach their old numbers, it was a sweet spot in time for MMOs and WoW was very well advertised and had the Warcraft following.

They still hold the highest numbers so I doubt they're sweating too hard. Try to maintain numbers, do what you can to improve on them when possible, and keep working on other projects for when the numbers truly start to dwindle.

Tl;DR I doubt Blizzard is delusional and ever expects to hit their old TBC like numbers

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 120

Doesn't really need saving yet... that being said this is probably going to be the first expansion i don't buy.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Well I doubt Blizzard has any true expectations to reach their old numbers, it was a sweet spot in time for MMOs and WoW was very well advertised and had the Warcraft following.

They still hold the highest numbers so I doubt they're sweating too hard. Try to maintain numbers, do what you can to improve on them when possible, and keep working on other projects for when the numbers truly start to dwindle.

Tl;DR I doubt Blizzard is delusional and ever expects to hit their old TBC like numbers
    if titan isn't everything we ever wanted, blizzard sure dropped the ball.

there's a wolf in my heart

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Game is still the best MMO out there so no it doesn't need any kind of saving. I have a great way to really enjoy WoW, I play it for 6-7 months and then take a brake for 3-4 months and I repeat that process xD I always have fun in game, but as with any game you just get tired of it so the brake is necessary, but the feeling when I come back to it is always great

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I came here for AKB.
    Was disappoint.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

If the number drops to a point of super low, they probably gonna revamp the combat system. Like, total overhaul. And that will be enough for the next 10 yrs or so.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast