Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 75

I really doubt a combat revamp without making another new game.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    I really doubt a combat revamp without making another new game.
    Same here. WoW is doing fine for how old it is. I highly doubt they will do anything drastic. Once the numbers aren't where they are making a profit they will probably just make it F2P and make B2P expansions.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Game List Master Reputation: 165

I didn't realise it needed saving

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Not sure why WoW needs to be saved. Hell, I'm not sure why people are demanding they change the combat to some action style gameplay when every action style game does substantially worse than WoW and tons of players return to WoW after getting bored. That's why GW2 pretty much fell off the planet after all the hype while people still talk about WoW.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Runescape playerbase dropped a lot with evolution of combat (system).
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by asdf55 View Post
    Not sure why WoW needs to be saved. Hell, I'm not sure why people are demanding they change the combat to some action style gameplay when every action style game does substantially worse than WoW and tons of players return to WoW after getting bored. That's why GW2 pretty much fell off the planet after all the hype while people still talk about WoW.
    wow, someone who gets it. I'd rather have a standard MMO combat system done very well (WoW, Archeage) than a shitty action combat system with long stupid animations that interrupt your movement and just make fighting long and awkward (Tera and its ilk)

Also, remember the last time a good game tried to revamp its systems to be more "modern"? Think back to Star Wars Galaxies and the NGE. A giant ridiculous disaster that destroyed the game. It's like people forgot about that. Changing the entire game fundamentally serves no purpose other than to alienate your entire playerbase in a vain attempt to please the vocal minority who scream how outdated the game is.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I think only one person said that the game should have action combat.
    When I speak of modernizing I mean something a little less drastic.
    Like bringing WoW's controls/combat up to par with other games that use the tab target system.

ArcheAge for example is based on the same system WoW uses but it's evolved for about 10 years, which in the tech world is a veeery long time.

I'm not sure what modernization the combat system needs. WoW's combat system has largely been lauded as one of the tightest, most fluid systems out there. People feel in control of their character. Compare that to similar but flashier systems of combat like SWTOR where players complain about being locked in animations and not being in control of their character. Hell, I'm playing ESO now and the combat there is janky as hell compared to WoW's.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

Quote Originally Posted by King_Grunt View Post
    Game is still the best MMO out there so no it doesn't need any kind of saving. I have a great way to really enjoy WoW, I play it for 6-7 months and then take a brake for 3-4 months and I repeat that process xD I always have fun in game, but as with any game you just get tired of it so the brake is necessary, but the feeling when I come back to it is always great
    best mmo is highly subjective, lol. it wasn't even the best mmo when it first came out, it was just very polished and did things right.
    but, it's time has long since passed.

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast