Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

  1. #51
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,112
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    Tera dose however keep you involved in combat, in wow you press 1 button and go sleep.
    Did you actually ever play wow? Or when you did the toughest enemy for you was boar?

  2. #52
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 87
    DarkAztaroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,587
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    Tera dose however keep you involved in combat, in wow you press 1 button and go sleep.
    On my ele shaman, which is considered the easiest class to play in the game, I have about 7 buttons in my rotation not counting any actual cooldown spell.

    Got about 35 skills I use regularly and 5 not so much that are bound.

    I personally didn't feel any more involved in tera's combat than I do in WoW as it's pretty fast paced.

    They'Re actually planning to reduce the number of skills in the game during the next expack because right now it's getting a bit too bloated on the action bars. Seriously though, gameplay's fine, one of the best tab targetting if not the best, and it actually feels good, better than most action MMOs I seen (exclusing MH, that one was fluid and awesome to play)

    Overall wow feels quite a bit like league to me, except with more buttons o-o'




    // on a sidenote, I love the looks of the T17 Pally and Warrior armor, I'm getting excited for shaman, druid and monk sets do want.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 04-22-2014 at 05:43 AM.

  3. #53
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 45
    Krimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Honestly. i have played Eso Tera Guildwars 2 and Aion and FF. And i just couldnt get into them.
    I enjoy the combat system in wow. i dont think it needs changing and i dont think its needs saving.
    But thats my Opinion. OH WAIT since its my opinion what ever i say you have to agree with....
    Just kitten. Honestly. play what you like because at the end of the day. YOU are the one playing.
    Its not a waste of time if YOU are having fun.
    Also side note. The DK T17 is coming out next. and im very excited. haha
    <--- Click to hatch

  4. #54
    Rock Man Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felore View Post
    Tera dose however keep you involved in combat, in wow you press 1 button and go sleep.
    The fact that you actually said something like that means any argument with you on this topic will be completely pointless, cause you have no idea what you are talking about. But let me just say one thing:

    In WoW you have 20-30 skills you need to know how to use perfectly if you want to be good in PvP and even high-end PvE content requires quite a bit of skill and knowledge
    In Tera my mystic could beat people 10 levels higher than him by just spamming his poison curse and running around.

  5. #55
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I prefer ESO.. less staring at Ui, and more admirin' combat

  6. #56
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    I prefer ESO.. less staring at Ui, and more admirin' combat
    ya TESO combat so good


    get out pls

    i'll take wow combat over teso any day, way more polished. teso is just downright terrible.

  7. #57
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    The fun part with this is all the people who gets angry like a 5 year old when you say you donīt like the game they do.

    but anyway I still stand firm that I donīt like the combat in WoW yes it is more polished but then again ofc it is the game is about 13-14 years old they had time to polish it TESO is about 1month and I bet even when wow was 1 month old the combat system has bad and not polished. Thatīs my problem with WoWīs combat system itīs OLD polished but outdated old and boring. TESO may have a combat system that is not polished but itīs more active more fun. I like it becuse itīs more interactive and it will become more polished over the time.

    So little fan boys before you get angry and start talking with your ass like always. Use your brain and think, that WoW has had 13-14 years and will be polished thanks years of time. But in the end people not like the same things as you do. Thatīs why I find TESO combat system better because it more interactive not because it has years to be polished. That why I say WoW need to make there combat more fun more fresh if they did so even I would play WoW thatīs what I think not what you think becuse im not you and will never think as you wish im makes me happy that I can think for my self.

  8. #58
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 53
    tihi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Combat animations in ESO feels so ugly which is terrible for a semi-action combat game.

    RIP Xfire


  9. #59
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,112
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    The fun part with this is all the people who gets angry like a 5 year old when you say you donīt like the game they do.

    but anyway I still stand firm that I donīt like the combat in WoW yes it is more polished but then again ofc it is the game is about 13-14 years old they had time to polish it TESO is about 1month and I bet even when wow was 1 month old the combat system has bad and not polished. Thatīs my problem with WoWīs combat system itīs OLD polished but outdated old and boring. TESO may have a combat system that is not polished but itīs more active more fun. I like it becuse itīs more interactive and it will become more polished over the time.

    So little fan boys before you get angry and start talking with your ass like always. Use your brain and think, that WoW has had 13-14 years and will be polished thanks years of time. But in the end people not like the same things as you do. Thatīs why I find TESO combat system better because it more interactive not because it has years to be polished. That why I say WoW need to make there combat more fun more fresh if they did so even I would play WoW thatīs what I think not what you think becuse im not you and will never think as you wish im makes me happy that I can think for my self.
    I love how ya all like using fanboy as insult... Its just amusing but to begin with wow had good combat from the get to... And made it even.better with time so ye i may be a fanboy but i am a fanboy of a good game
    .
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  10. #60
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    The fun part with this is all the people who gets angry like a 5 year old when you say you donīt like the game they do.

    but anyway I still stand firm that I donīt like the combat in WoW yes it is more polished but then again ofc it is the game is about 13-14 years old they had time to polish it TESO is about 1month and I bet even when wow was 1 month old the combat system has bad and not polished. Thatīs my problem with WoWīs combat system itīs OLD polished but outdated old and boring. TESO may have a combat system that is not polished but itīs more active more fun. I like it becuse itīs more interactive and it will become more polished over the time.

    So little fan boys before you get angry and start talking with your ass like always. Use your brain and think, that WoW has had 13-14 years and will be polished thanks years of time. But in the end people not like the same things as you do. Thatīs why I find TESO combat system better because it more interactive not because it has years to be polished. That why I say WoW need to make there combat more fun more fresh if they did so even I would play WoW thatīs what I think not what you think becuse im not you and will never think as you wish im makes me happy that I can think for my self.
    the thing is, wow combat was polished from the get go.
    teso combat is not polished at all, it's not even GOOD.
    it ****ing lacked hit confirm until they added it like 3 beta weekends ago.

    im glad that you can think for yourself, otherwise games like teso wouldn't exist.

  11. #61
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    the thing is, wow combat was polished from the get go.
    teso combat is not polished at all, it's not even GOOD.
    it ****ing lacked hit confirm until they added it like 3 beta weekends ago.

    im glad that you can think for yourself, otherwise games like teso wouldn't exist.

    No it was not polished form the get go not in a milion years it had it problems and bugs as many mmos does when released but great from the get go no.
    Yes TESO combat system is not the best itīs bad yes but itīs also fun because itīs more interactive geesh do you guys even read anything or just read one line and think I mean just that.
    And no poeticas I donīt use fan boy as an insult I use form a term of a Persson who defend there game till the end even if they would change it from good to rely rely bad.

    But yes TESO has many flaws many bugs but itīs not the first game to have it on release SWTOR,TERA,Neverwinter had it also on release maybe less than TESO but over time all does games fixed there problems and still does.

    Yes using TESO for example may been bad but I also used Tera, Vindictus as an example for the combat system I like I was talking about I like the more action combat system I never said anything how polished or not it was but that it was Action based and thatīs what I mean with fan boys your to blind your love for your game is so high when trying to talk to you itīs like trying to talk to a wall you donīt listen and you keep repeating your self about your game why itīs so great and what not so I see fanboy not as an insult but as a term for what you are a person who wonīt listen and takes anything said about there game thatīs is not what you think like an insult because of your obsession of the game and any one not liking your game is wrong. Like TB would say there is no point to have a conversation with a Fanboy because they wonīt listen anyway.

  12. #62
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,112
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    No it was not polished form the get go not in a milion years it had it problems and bugs as many mmos does when released but great from the get go no.
    Yes TESO combat system is not the best itīs bad yes but itīs also fun because itīs more interactive geesh do you guys even read anything or just read one line and think I mean just that.
    And no poeticas I donīt use fan boy as an insult I use form a term of a Persson who defend there game till the end even if they would change it from good to rely rely bad.

    But yes TESO has many flaws many bugs but itīs not the first game to have it on release SWTOR,TERA,Neverwinter had it also on release maybe less than TESO but over time all does games fixed there problems and still does.

    Yes using TESO for example may been bad but I also used Tera, Vindictus as an example for the combat system I like I was talking about I like the more action combat system I never said anything how polished or not it was but that it was Action based and thatīs what I mean with fan boys your to blind your love for your game is so high when trying to talk to you itīs like trying to talk to a wall you donīt listen and you keep repeating your self about your game why itīs so great and what not so I see fanboy not as an insult but as a term for what you are a person who wonīt listen and takes anything said about there game thatīs is not what you think like an insult because of your obsession of the game and any one not liking your game is wrong. Like TB would say there is no point to have a conversation with a Fanboy because they wonīt listen anyway.
    Do tell what buggs with combat did wow have? As long as i can remember it was so polished that it was simple to start and had a nice feel to it for years only thing that wow had with combat was skills... Some neede nerf some needed other changes.

    But ye do tell me what did wow had with combat?
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  13. #63
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 67
    Unplayed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,866
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    the 1 game inpackting bug i can think off was the "fall-through-floor-when-warrior-charging-and-pathing-over-an-entrance(ie. cave/door)" that one got fixed asap i think

    but just to address the topic of tera/vindictus(not calling out teso here since its brand new): jeah and how many players do they have ? wasnt one of the vindictus versions closed down ? i dont remember ..
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

    Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin


  14. #64
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    Do tell what buggs with combat did wow have? As long as i can remember it was so polished that it was simple to start and had a nice feel to it for years only thing that wow had with combat was skills... Some neede nerf some needed other changes.

    But ye do tell me what did wow had with combat?
    he doesn't even understand the definition of polished.
    just ignore him.
    i don't even understand what he's trying to say half of the time

  15. #65
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,112
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    he doesn't even understand the definition of polished.
    just ignore him.
    i don't even understand what he's trying to say half of the time
    I am starting to think that he never actually played wow... Or never played to the point where true combat and fun starts..

  16. #66
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,357
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    I am starting to think that he never actually played wow... Or never played to the point where true combat and fun starts..
    well he said he quit at level 20? lol and 'hated it ever sense'

  17. #67
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 104
    The Great Beyond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I've been playing WoW since end of vanilla, right into The Burning Crusade. Warlords of Draenor is basically called TBC 2.0. That is what is getting most people back into the game because of the nostalgia factor. To this day, I believe TBC is the best expansion ever made, and going back to revisit TBC "before" it was Outland as Draenor, makes me nerdgasm to the max. The newer models was long overdue because the game was looking stale. But I'm actually looking forward to the upgraded models and graphics of the game, so it won't just leave it as another expansion with the same crappy graphics. With the addition of giving people a level 90 when they get the expansion, helps a lot of people, both returning from years of hiatus, and brand new players. Blizzard already knows that being given a level 90 so suddenly can be incredibly overwhelming due to new players never playing the class or experiencing end game. So what they're doing for the expansion is giving abilities to players as they level through Draenor so that they can get a feel for it by the time they hit the level cap.

    WoW will never die. It is still the most popular and most active MMO in the world. The only way that WoW will close its doors is from Blizzard itself or making another MMO

  18. #68
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,112
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    **** it i am going back to wow xD

  19. #69
    Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 20
    MikeyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Save WoW? lol
    It is still the most active/populated mmorpg in the world.
    I'll take it you might've played end-game of one xpac?

    And WoW is ****ed, they will keep losing more and more unless they stop catering to whining children's every woe.
    I was pretty excited to play WoD until I read that they are removing all stuns, silences, fears etc.
    LoL IGN: blazetreees | BATTLE TAG: mgxvlden#1421
    https://twitter.com/#!/millhxvse

  20. #70
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 45
    Krimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    I'll take it you might've played end-game of one xpac?

    And WoW is ****ed, they will keep losing more and more unless they stop catering to whining children's every woe.
    I was pretty excited to play WoD until I read that they are removing all stuns, silences, fears etc.
    I must have missed it. could you link where it says that?

  21. #71
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,831
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    After I read that they added a "Build-a-base" and send adventurer's out on.. well, adventurers, I was sold man. I'm hyped... for WoW.. in 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •