Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    best mmo is highly subjective, lol. it wasn't even the best mmo when it first came out, it was just very polished and did things right.
    but, it's time has long since passed.
    Imho, WoW won't die tomorrow, or in the next 5 or so years for that matter. I'm no fanboi (I've played it on a off for 7 years, finally quit the game because I did get tired of it).

It is ONE of the best P2P MMORPGs you cannot deny that. Denying that would be foolish. I'm not saying it is THE best, but one of them.

It has surpassed all of the "WoWkillers" without taking much of a hit subscriber wise. They are losing speed I'll give you that, but they still have enough momentum to continue on. And I'm pretty sure they are still making more than enough money to covers their expenses.

I would even bet on the fact that they are probably making more money than what they are spending and that the game is in NET PROFIT.

Eve Online is also very good but it serves a different playerbase, same as DarkFall.

Wildstar and TESO are the next "WoWkillers" and I highly doubt they will make much of a dent in their numbers.

I don't think it has anything to do with the games themselves. I think it has more to do with games like DAoC / WoW / EQ (in the prime days) felt so polished and well thought out (to some extent) that paying for any MMORPG that came out as P2P (Looking at you TERA / SWTOR / LOTRO / AION / etc) without the same amount of commitment and polish was wrong. Players felt cheated to pay monthly for some "lesser game that isn't X" and would much rather continue to play X game even with all it's flaws.

The market has evolved, people play F2P games now. P2P is a thing of the past. And once Eve and WoW either go F2P or close down, P2P games will no longer exist, and no game company will make one.

My 20 dollars :P

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

i am thinking of going back for a month since i noticed that my old guild has been active lately ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nashkel View Post

The market has evolved, people play F2P games now. P2P is a thing of the past. And once Eve and WoW either go F2P or close down, P2P games will no longer exist, and no game company will make one.

My 20 dollars :P
    yet Final Fantasy ... from a failure to a success and the player base is growing daily.

Yep P2P is definitely dead. Good Joke.
    Last edited by poeticas; 04-18-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

The title of this thread made me laugh. :P

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

I don't think it has anything to do with the games themselves. I think it has more to do with games like DAoC / WoW / EQ (in the prime days) felt so polished and well thought out (to some extent) that paying for any MMORPG that came out as P2P (Looking at you TERA / SWTOR / LOTRO / AION / etc) without the same amount of commitment and polish was wrong. Players felt cheated to pay monthly for some "lesser game that isn't X" and would much rather continue to play X game even with all it's flaws.
    I have to admit I have trouble getting onto another MMO than WoW, every time I try another I find the quality to be lower, for example, aion, the animations are choppy, the cast bar disappears midway during my casts, the interface is not customisable, I can't even make the chat window less transparent, the font for the text is ugly, the game does not feel as fluid as wow...

The games are starting to catch up a bit though, FFXIV is still not as fluid but feels alright, Tera feels pretty good, maybe a bit weird when you're a caster, GW2 was well built, but the kind of content simply does not appeal to me.

Though it's important to note, as a wow player, I don't see how they could improve the ''gameplay'' it probably has the best gameplay out of all the mmos I played (I'm not a fan of ''action'' mmos so far except MH online), they're currently working on reducing the button bloat a bit, which could also help.
    The models are not the most important thing either to me, what will decide if I play this expack or not is the content, the content is what people want.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 04-19-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    i am thinking of going back for a month since i noticed that my old guild has been active lately ...

yet Final Fantasy ... from a failure to a success and the player base is growing daily.

Yep P2P is definitely dead. Good Joke.
    Final Fantasy serves a niche market though.

I've played it and didn't really like it, not saying the game is bad, I didn't like it !

It is P2P worthy, i'll give you that.

I personnaly wouldn't mind getting a sub if some good MMORPG came out, but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather play single player games or lan RPGs (Borderlands and the gang). So yeah it might be a joke but you just have to look and the people complaining that such and such game is not F2P because as a P2P it is garbage, and then they complain that it's too P2W.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

I've played it and didn't really like it, not saying the game is bad, I didn't like it !

I personnaly wouldn't mind getting a sub if some good MMORPG came out, but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather play single player games or lan RPGs (Borderlands and the gang). So yeah it might be a joke but you just have to look and the people complaining that such and such game is not F2P because as a P2P it is garbage, and then they complain that it's too P2W.
    the problem is today ... that no one wants to pay for anything ... they want everything free of charge all the time ... and i think we got here a lot of people who used to pay for lineage 2 or WoW when it all started we did not care that much for payment as long as it was enjoyable and you know what i still don't if i only need to pay like 12euro or so for a game that i want to ... i say why not i work more than enough.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

I don't mind paying for a game subscription. As far as I'm concerned, recent P2P games that got released are subpar to WoW / Eve / FF and the likes, and that's the reason why I won't pay for a sub. But then I don't complain that I don't have an MMO to play.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 36

just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it a "niche" . Get off your high horse dip shit.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post
    just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it a "niche" . Get off your high horse dip shit.
    I agree, what "niche" are they holding? The Final fantasy fans? People willing to pay? People that enjoy a well made MMO?

I'm going to tell you now, I straight up didn't enjoy that game. But it's definitely well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

Dressing up a old bag with more rags just isn't dressed up enough, its far to simple and not much is different or changed to even be noticed, its still remains a cartoon mmo. WOW!! Now with level 100! and ability to reach level 90 in a instant! boring ideas that don't help or attract new game play just make the game far too simple. Wildstar is the new cartoon mmo.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast