Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

Default Can Pretty Models Save WoW?

I've played World of Warcraft for more time than I like to admit. It was... scratch that. is the game almost every other MMO takes key from.

With the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor , they're going to be be updating the visuals of the game in an attempt to modernize it. The new models are looking great- on par with lots of today's new games that share a similar art style. But is that enough?

I don't think so.

Like I mentioned, the game is going to look good. Just looking at it, you're not going to think that it was released a decade ago. That's where the rejuvenation stops.

With no announced plans to modernize the actual gameplay, WoW is, at heart, the same game people have been playing for 10 years! It's the same gameplay that other developers have essentially been copying, tweaking, improving ever since.

Playing World of Warcraft: WoD looks to be the equivalent of a 20 year old playing with a shiny baby toy. They may pick it, give it a shake but then they realize it's a f*cking baby toy.

The gameplay in WoW can't even come close to comparing to the games that were spawned because of it. It may appeal to people who have never played a decent modern MMO but it's most likely not going to bring back old players or convert players who are already invested in another MMO.

I personally won't be buying the expansion.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-17-2014 at 02:56 PM.

42 Reputation: 10

Save WoW? lol
    It is still the most active/populated mmorpg in the world.

Yes. "Save WoW."
    As in the game has been in decline the last few years. Declines that have persisted despite the last two expansions.

To Save WoW would be to halt the decline and possibly result in long term gains.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 76

At end they will add Gay mariage System to get more players

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Yes. "Save WoW."
    As in the game has been in decline the last few years. To "save" WoW would be to halt the decline and possibly result in long term gains.
    can't save archaic gameplay no matter what they do

there's a wolf in my heart

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Why do they need to change the formula when they still have several million subscribers, and are making billions of dollars off of the game? Not to mention, they've experienced an increased subscriber base since the announcement of Warlords of Draenor. Honestly, anyone who thinks WoW is dying anytime soon is deluding themselves.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

"They've experienced an increased subscriber base since the announcement of Warlords of Draenor."
    It's unique phenomenon that that has occurred every time Blizzard has announced an expansion for WoW. The last two expansions have shown this to be a short term increase.

Sure, It will take WoW a while to die, but there is a continuing decline that if left unimpeded will lead to the game not being profitable enough for Acti-Blizz to maintain.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 20

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Save WoW? lol
    It is still the most active/populated mmorpg in the world.
    I'll take it you might've played end-game of one xpac?

And WoW is ****ed, they will keep losing more and more unless they stop catering to whining children's every woe.
    I was pretty excited to play WoD until I read that they are removing all stuns, silences, fears etc.
    Ps3 Network ID:
    Mikey3536
    LoL IGN: blazetreees
    https://twitter.com/#!/mgxvlden

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    I'll take it you might've played end-game of one xpac?

And WoW is ****ed, they will keep losing more and more unless they stop catering to whining children's every woe.
    I was pretty excited to play WoD until I read that they are removing all stuns, silences, fears etc.
    I must have missed it. could you link where it says that?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

After I read that they added a "Build-a-base" and send adventurer's out on.. well, adventurers, I was sold man. I'm hyped... for WoW.. in 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast