Warframe - The grind alone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 149

Default Warframe - The grind alone

First off, if you have no clue what Warframe is then you won't understand the following post. It is a 4 player co-op TPS featuring magic space ninjas. You can sign up for it here or Use this link me as your referrer for a free 7-day exp boost.

How are people doing in the recent The Sword Alone melee update? I think it is pretty interesting so far. Though stances are pain to farm and hydroid has a grind wall, still no Tranquil Cleave. But overall the game is slowly getting updates to its many half-complete features, albeit while adding new ones *cough dark sectors*. I could go on but I got things to farm.

Oh, feel free to add me in-game. IGN: Jrgsubzero
    Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 04-21-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

Melee still needs a lot of polishing, it feels weird, especially the unintuitive combo system. The animations themself feel weak and there's not much 'flow' in them. I wish they made melee more like in Vindictus, where you have your normal attacks and smashes and depending on how you chain your attacks you'll perform different combos.

Dark Sectors might be interesting if it was open GvG/PvP, that would make for some legit end-game content because right now, once you get your Ranks and your mods there's not much to do except for farming and selling stuff for Plat.

Not to mention the Skills need a serious revamp, some frames are almost completely useless at high levels because half of the abilities in the game, especially the damage ones don't scale with enemy level. They need to either make those abilities scale with level or add some utility to them. For example Trinity has a 20+ second invincibility, for the whole team that she can spam non stop if modded properly while Oberon has a shitty heal that is just a waste of slot. There is much imbalance between frames that needs to be adressed as soon as possible. Right now some frames are fun only on paper.

I'd say Skills/Warframes 2.0 should be the next priority.
    Last edited by Verde; 04-21-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Yeah, the animations seem so clunky.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

It's not really a pvp centered game, it's a grind based game like Phantasy Star or Monster Hunter. And apart from high level survival/defense, you can do just fine in Warframe with any frame provided you have a decent primary (and in some cases even a secondary). Hell Mag is one of the more solid frames in terms of utility and survival with her abilities, and you can start out with her.

I'm one of those people who doesn't think too much of melee combat in shooters anyway. I just collect the stances. Some people have said that some of them though do add some useful effects to melee attacks.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

OP: Referral links aren't allowed, period. Also, I agree with Verde's suggestion on what they should do next.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: An Epic Computer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    OP: Referral links aren't allowed, period. Also, I agree with Verde's suggestion on what they should do next.
    Except they're allowed if you also add a sign up link without the referral which he did. Hell he could have gone the next step and just added the store page if he wanted to. Haven't played Warframe in awhile mainly because it runs like ass on my toaster but for the few hours I played at a friend's house I had a blast, then again that was like back in January of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    It's not really a pvp centered game, it's a grind based game like Phantasy Star or Monster Hunter. And apart from high level survival/defense, you can do just fine in Warframe with any frame provided you have a decent primary (and in some cases even a secondary). Hell Mag is one of the more solid frames in terms of utility and survival with her abilities, and you can start out with her.

I'm one of those people who doesn't think too much of melee combat in shooters anyway. I just collect the stances. Some people have said that some of them though do add some useful effects to melee attacks.
    My main issue with the game is that trinity is flat out required in any end-game setting, along with other frames.

The problem being that defense means jack all at later levels since everything will kill you in a few seconds flat of being fired at.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

thats not true, sure there are some weak frames, but u can do well in quate few of them at endgame lvls.

that sayd ... thist must be one of a few games where devs constantly pushing up updates(and real updates, not just fixes)

plius this game most likly newer be fully done(as any games nowdays) since its long pass time when u get full realyse and then expantions rolls out. now its - stable game with few features= ob, and then aditional content as updates until devs stops making them

Random Chua Reputation: 47

I've been playing on and off. I do agree that the game is way too grindy at the moment. The repetitive missions and lack of cohesive storyline certainly doesn't help. I've been trying to get the new Hydroid warframe ever since the update went live and still haven't gotten it due to the horrible drop rate of Delta Beacons and horrible luck of getting the helmet blueprint.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgsubzero View Post
    My main issue with the game is that trinity is flat out required in any end-game setting, along with other frames.

The problem being that defense means jack all at later levels since everything will kill you in a few seconds flat of being fired at.
    Only if you are trying to do high level survival/defense. Other than that, no she isn't. And a Squad of consisting of only Nyx, Loki, Ash, Mag, and even Valkyr can destroy endgame with the right tactics.

I can't go into this much now because I got to go to work but I've noticed two things about how people play in this game
    1. A lot of people do not bother to use cover, they just stay in the open and want to run around killing everything like Rambo.
    2. A lot of people do not aim for critical points, even with weapons with high crit damage like Bows or Soma. It's a small wonder why people are always talking about how poor the ammo economy is for a number of weapons. And that's a main reason why endgame/high level missions are harder than they need to be.

There are a lot of issues with the game I agree, but a part of it is how people play.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast