Is FFXIV worth going back to ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

Default Is FFXIV worth going back to ?

Since im getting bored of D3 already and yet wondering if worth rerolling from start say a BLM to keep myself busy until June ?

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Yes. I started playing recently and it's so much fun.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

the game got nice updates and well it can be played as casual or as hardcore ... the raids are really challenging and hard you wont be able to do any of them easily or without a good team ... takes months of practice and such
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Sweet yeah started back on FFXIV again and liking it again as THM lvl 11 (aiming for 15 then leveling archer to 15 then THM to 30 and BLM to 50)

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    the game got nice updates and well it can be played as casual or as hardcore ... the raids are really challenging and hard you wont be able to do any of them easily or without a good team ... takes months of practice and such
    I don't want to sound like a debby downer, but the raids aren't exceedingly challenging. They don't take months of practice. The only reason why coil one took months was because of not having parsers, group composition, and top tiered gear at the time it was available. The current coil two has already been fully cleared and it hasn't even been a month yet.

For casual players, the grind is extremely vertical. Atma farming is brutal, it could take you a day or weeks to be able to finish your atma, after that it takes roughly 13,500 tomes of mythology farmed to turn the atma into an animus weapon. For hardcore players, assuming your raid group is above average, will clear the current coil in probably a month at the most.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 74

Quote Originally Posted by mattman994 View Post
    I don't want to sound like a debby downer, but the raids aren't exceedingly challenging. They don't take months of practice. The only reason why coil one took months was because of not having parsers, group composition, and top tiered gear at the time it was available. The current coil two has already been fully cleared and it hasn't even been a month yet.

For casual players, the grind is extremely vertical. Atma farming is brutal, it could take you a day or weeks to be able to finish your atma, after that it takes roughly 13,500 tomes of mythology farmed to turn the atma into an animus weapon. For hardcore players, assuming your raid group is above average, will clear the current coil in probably a month at the most.
    The biggest turn off of the game was definitely the ridiculous and tedious farming required to do anything. I remember farming up tomes for Darklight, running Wanderer's Palace and Ampdapor Keep over a million times. I wanted to shoot myself in the face many many many times.

Ah damn but still fun though even doing new quests lines ?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Raids aren't that challenging, just finding the people that will allow you to practice them, or allow people that doesn't have the highest ilevel available.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Quote Originally Posted by mattman994 View Post

that is the problem you wont find a team that easily ... nowadays so ye it does take forever to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Raids aren't that challenging, just finding the people that will allow you to practice them, or allow people that doesn't have the highest ilevel available.
    my ilvl is 94 ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

that is the problem you wont find a team that easily ... nowadays so ye it does take forever to complete.

my ilvl is 94 ...
    That doesn't matter. You'd need a decent raiding LS that would let you practice if you're below ilvl90. I have ilvl86 on my bard and ilvl78 on my dragoon and they only allow me in turn 1 and 3 of the coil, while I'm experienced as hell in the first 4, including extreme mode iffy and garu...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast