Is FFXIV worth going back to ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    That doesn't matter. You'd need a decent raiding LS that would let you practice if you're below ilvl90. I have ilvl86 on my bard and ilvl78 on my dragoon and they only allow me in turn 1 and 3 of the coil, while I'm experienced as hell in the first 4, including extreme mode iffy and garu...
    i am tanking extremes and coil up to 5 i got my own LS :P but it gives me fun :=)
    Last edited by poeticas; 04-22-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

Still leveling THM to 15 then Archer to 15 then THM to BLM till 50 <3 my plan

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

The game, unfortunately has no bright future. Yes it will retain a high player base and stay p2p for possibly its entire life, but still, future is not bright as far as it being entertaining. They have crawled into a hole that they won't get themselves out of. Here is the rundown of the game:
    Grind class to 50, grind tomes for gear, do coil for best gear, wait for new content
    Oh new content! Grind for new gear, wait more
    Oh another patch! Grind for more gear, now we are waiting again.

I think that is enough to understand the system this game has developed. I had fun taking my first character to 50 and gearing him and doing coil the first time. Then I realized the road this game was stuck on and just couldn't justify spending time on a game that offers nothing. This game will be nothing but a gear grind. There will be nothing to do outside of gear grinding. Once you have your gear there will be nothing to do.... End of story

And don't get me started on crafting!! I leveled three classes to 50 and geared them in DL to do endgame stuff without EVER touching crafting, or anything anyone ever crafted. Crafting is utterly useless. I couldn't bring myself to craft because what was the freakin point? No one needs anything you are doing. Heck! You don't need anything you are crafting! Terrible terrible...

All in all, this game was a tremendous disappointment. It is so empty, there is nothing to do outside getting gear. And don't believe people when they tell you raids are tough. They can be at first but it is not hard at all and takes very little time to understand the fights and take em down. Not to mention! This was one of the biggest reasons I left: They nerf content to a poop pile as soon as new content is released. They make everything easier because they released a new raid. Wtf? That is NEVER a good mmo practice and it is something I absolutely hate. That is ONLY acceptable when the population has died down too much so new players need to be able to handle it easier because they might be on their own... but that is not the case with ffxiv. they still have a large population...

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Truthfully the game is fun to a certain point. Right when you hit level 50 it gets boring. You basically repeat all the content over and over till you reach top tier gear. The crafting system is worthless now since you only need them for glamour. Maybe cooking is slightly better but getting to level 50 for everything is easy. All it take is a lot of determination.

The Raids are really not tough. Takes maybe some practice but that's about it.

@Bawnawgwa

The population is slowly dropping. Not as fast because people are taking new content as actually new content and not recycled contents.
    Last edited by GenoX; 04-24-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 11

Yeah not rushing content ftw <3 hence why most MMO gets boring fast

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

I am sorry Shadowfang, but it does not matter how quickly you do the content. As soon as you hit max level the pointless gear grind system kicks in and everything gets boring. Even "new content" gets old almost immediately because there is no point to it.

Oh not to mention the terrible class system. They give all classes their own self buffs. They are basically all self preserved. You HAVE to dps, tank, or heal. There is nothing else you can do and their current system prevents them from changing that. I love utility classes. I like classes that support the group by offering buffs, debuffs, snares, and knockdowns as opposed to just healing. FFXIV doesn't have that. Every class has debuffs, selfbuffs, etc... Unfortunate system
    Last edited by Bawnawgwa; 04-24-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

So basically every MMO ever. As long as there is mass appeal for endless gear grinds, MMO's will have endless gear grinds.

Honestly, the MMO community baffles me. They never know what they want. If a game doesn't have an endless gear grind, everyone writes the game of as boring and passes it. If it does have an endless gear grind, they write the game off as boring and pass it.
    Last edited by SorenEmblem; 04-24-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

I've played since PC launch. I've never had more fun playing a game. I actually just bought the PS4 version too. I mean for PC 30 bucks and a free month is a really good deal to me. Steam had it on sale on the cheap a month or so ago.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

The game used to be good when they didn't have item levels. Seriously. If they got rid of the item levels, a lot of newer players that got level50 would stay. Now it really is:

- Level50
    - Relic weapon
    - Myth tomes
    - AF2
    - Coil spam day in and day out.

They should also release more raids, instead of 8 player dungeons. Simply because I had a blast doing CT, even after I did it 20-30+ times. Doesn't mean it doesn't get old, but the fights were a whole lot more fun then I had in the first 4 turns of the coil (haven't done the recent ones yet).

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 30

I've spent 8 months in FFXIV so far, and i've enjoyed every moment of it. Partially because i'm in a huge FC and there's always things to do; be it raiding with FC mates or helping newer guys get through content. Sure, the single player progression is starting to stale out, but the game is always new to someone else, and that someone will always need aid.

...if you play a MMO solely for your own progression, you're missing 50% of what an MMO really is.
    Currently Playing [IGN]: (Say Hi if you see me!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast