Is FFXIV worth going back to ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Played till 50, and I hate the grinding. Grinding FATEs while leveling was fine, but repeating all of it for the top tier gear, not really worth it. I tried maxing another class, the grind just sucks. There's so many things to do though, but everything is repetitive.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

Quote Originally Posted by BooNeZ View Post
    Played till 50, and I hate the grinding. Grinding FATEs while leveling was fine, but repeating all of it for the top tier gear, not really worth it. I tried maxing another class, the grind just sucks. There's so many things to do though, but everything is repetitive.
    just described almost every MMORPG.
    Don't know why people still expect no grind. Grind will show up in one form or another.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

But the problem with FFXIV is the grind is utterly pointless. I couldn't justify playing the game due to how useless my time spent on it was. The ONLY thing the game has to offer is grinding for gear. That gear will be replaced next update. That new gear will be replaced the next update. There is no special use for the gear, you get it, then wait to replace it.

An MMO needs to actually offer you something. Give you something worth while to accomplish outside of gathering gear.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

As what everyone say it is utterly pointless once you hit level 50. You literally do nothing but grind the same content until the next content is release just to have higher tier gears. Like they literally took old dungeons repainted the look and change some stuff in that dungeon and called it a new dungeon. You then would repeat that dungeon to earn capped tomes that is used to make coil turn 6-9 easier. That is all there is to do. Ultimately they are pushing people to do coil in order to earn all the top tier gear.

Earning tomes is relatively useless because if you want top gear you'll have to repeat coil 6-9 to earn ilevel 125. Doing extreme garuda, titan, and ifrit is useless because the ilevel they'll give is useless for coil because mythology gear can be just as easily obtain as the old philosophy tomes. When the game originally launch we had three option of earning gears. We could grind for mythology gears to earn ilevel 90 gears or craft ilevel 70 gears that could be slotted with materia and become ilevel 80 gears or you can just try to grind for coil gears after you earned enough darklight armor with philosophy tomes.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    just described almost every MMORPG.
    Don't know why people still expect no grind. Grind will show up in one form or another.
    True, but FFXIV's grind is the same all over. Leveling another class, full on grind, especially since you've finished all main quests on your first class. Grind your next tier gear, do it over and over again. It's linear, you might say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123