Eve Online

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Get out of high sec...
    So Delv and great wildlands are high sec now I did not know they must have changed that sense last I played.

But yeah as you said Snow the best part with eve is that you can do whatever the F you want. But there we are again with the community if you do The F you want like ApocaRUFF he was mining for FW but in every other eve players mind if you doing anything that is not pvp, Like mining, missions or exploring your a noob a worthless player a care bear so in the end eve is to what the F you wanīt but if you donīt do pvp only your not a real eve player do like we do or donīt play at all.

Now I did pvp mostly becuse I love does big big 200 vs 200 500 vs 500 fight for me that was the fun part but because I liked pvp I never smack talked about player who did not do pvp because im not that immature I need to talk shit about others that donīt play like I do.
    Last edited by Duero; 04-22-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 19

Yup, I'm playing eve right now, came back to it several months back. I've just been grinding isk with the occasional lowsec roam or doing some goofy event, like doing level 4's and 5's in a swarm of t1 frigates. Not sure if I'll cancel my account again or not come summer expansion, since they seem to be trying to kill the game with this expansion, not to mention making my standings I've grinded for five years to make a corp boosting service, completely and totally useless.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    During my 7 years I seen some a few few good people but mostly immature people like Goons,IT,AAA,Pandemic Legion and so on if you say they are Mature I want to know witch parallel world you live in. I played mmos sense Ultima online in 1997 and I agree all mmos have immature people and some drama but EVE beats that big time. Geesh the drama in many of the Corpīs can be so damn much you wonder if you joined the Drama club instead of playing game. Also with pvp if you kill or get killed every one seams the need to bash you in local like some 5 years old like. "Oh you lost your ship you gonna cry and get angry about it I hope you cry I like do drink noobs tears" Why they **** should I cry over pixels for, geesh grow up. Or when you kill them they start to call you asshole and they gonna get there friends and hunt you down and kill me like a big f-ing noob.

To be honest CoD and BF has a more mature community. How can I say so you think well sure you have your 12-15 years old who are immature. Then you have players in my 20+ and allot of them just tru to have a good fight they donīt get angry they just try to have a good time and there is 0 Drama.

The drama in EvE is like watching an episode of jersey shore in space. So in the end a few nice eve players like 4 of them told me well ignore those bad players then witch im doing buy not playing the game because if I shall ignore 90% of the community why play a mmo if you shall run Solo in a mmo that is more focused on big alliances than solo play. EVE is a great game just need less A-holes and less jersey shore episodes.

Im not kidding when I say I know allot of people who quit playing thanks to a shitty community in eve I even know people who just started but quit 2 weeks after not because the learning curve but to people being Shit heads Itīs like They donīt wanīt new players because they get scared away with all the drama and stupid people.

But as you said you can encounter bad players in all games but itīs way to much in EVE. And itīs up there with HoN LoL when it comes to worst immature community of all time.
    I must respectfully disagree sir. People in Eve are just of a different breed. Its not that Goons/PL like to be immature, even though some of them honestly are. Its that they like to have fun in PvP. Trolling their victims, because people who lose their ships get angry. It's easy to toy with their emotions, I do the exact same thing. It amuses me. Am I immature? I do not believe so.

Now I have also played MMOs since the beginning of time. And there are countless worse communities. Such as the ones you mentioned, Lol/HoN etc. But also the FPS communities, are also quite immature. Annoying kids everywhere. I play WoW as well, and I cannot describe in words, just how much I despise that community. However, Eve is different. It does indeed have its bad part, but OVERALL, it is a better community than most out there today. And I speak from experience, as I started in 2003.

I recommend that you go back and try the game again.

Get out of high sec...
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I was ;_; Spent my time running three accounts mining and producing cruisers for the faction warfare areas.
    Production ain't too bad these days. Can get you a lot of money!

nah your right people who to toy with emotions for there own pleasure is not immature I call them disrespectful A-holes. But truer word has never been spoken treat others how you want them to treat you so people being A-holes to me because they find it fun trying to get me angry well I mark they as A-holes and give them Zero respect. And no I donīt get angry when I lose a ship itīs game no point in wasting energy on ones and zeros. All I am is sad that people need to be such shit heads to please them self.

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

In any case, Duero's burned out on the community (I think). So far the only person that I know that says the community is bad. Oo
    It's usually the 'MS Excel' part putting them off. :/

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

In any case, Duero's burned out on the community (I think). So far the only person that I know that says the community is bad. Oo
    It's usually the 'MS Excel' part putting them off. :/
    well not to step on some foots but when you are a bad person you tend to enjoy the company of other bad people why do you think a bully is never alone.

Eve is famous for Cyberbullying I seen allot of sites and blogs writing about it being bullied my self and know people who even killed them self out all the bullying thatīs something I look down own. Eve player things itīs all fun and game but thatīs not the case and that why I will never return to eve even if I love the game because I hate does kinds of people and as I said you donīt see them when you are a bullie your self and thatīs why to you the community is great.

No im not saying you guys are the kind of people but can be one reason you donīt see the bad I do or you donīt see it becuse your corp is not full of shit.
    Last edited by Duero; 04-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    well not to step on some foots but when you are a bad person you tend to enjoy the company of other bad people why do you think a bully is never alone.

Eve is famous for Cyberbullying I seen allot of sites and blogs writing about it being bullied my self and know people who even killed them self out all the bullying thatīs something I look down own. Eve player things itīs all fun and game but thatīs not the case and that why I will never return to eve even if I love the game because I hate does kinds of people and as I said you donīt see them when you are a bullie your self and thatīs why to you the community is great.

No im not saying you guys are the kind of people but can be one reason you donīt see the bad I do or you donīt see it becuse your corp is not full of shit.
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it. But I would not go as far as saying its famous for 'cyberbullying' - I mean, that right there happens in every single game I've ever played over the past decade +.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it. But I would not go as far as saying its famous for 'cyberbullying' - I mean, that right there happens in every single game I've ever played over the past decade +.
    well true it happens in every game but in eve itīs some how bigger because of 50k peple rather than millions or 100k some mmos have you tend to notice it more. I love eve but the people make me sick man in 1 year I was in 20 corps because all the drama and how bad some people treated me.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

I never stick to eve online for more than a month before I get bored and quit.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it.
    Unlike real life? Don't make me laugh. Why do people choose to ignore the worst of human idiosyncracies? We are predatory animals first, and social moral sentient living beings second. When you ignore the former you just end up ignoring your actions.

P.S. I'm in a bad mood. We would've won a 4v5 but our 5th came back to take cs and feed.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-23-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast