Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Eve Online

  1. #1
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Eve Online

    Any fellow pilots kicking around?

  2. #2
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    There's not that many real EvE players on OnRPG. >< I'm currently still sort of burned out. I want to return but rising plex prices and the monotony of what I used to do don't really help.

  3. #3
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    There's not that many real EvE players on OnRPG. >< I'm currently still sort of burned out. I want to return but rising plex prices and the monotony of what I used to do don't really help.
    Were you one of those awful miners? :P

  4. #4
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Perpetuum is hitting Steam in 2 days. Maybe check that one out ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

  5. #5
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Im not burned out just sick of the immature community people shall be majority 25+ but behave like 3 year olds pvp got boring when you fight all kinds of kids.

  6. #6
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    Im not burned out just sick of the immature community people shall be majority 25+ but behave like 3 year olds pvp got boring when you fight all kinds of kids.
    I'm not actually sure what you're talking about friend. Eve's community is one of the best out there. The community is quite mature, although you will inevitably encounter those not-so-friendly types, but that will happen in every game. I think you might've just had a bad experience.

  7. #7
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Were you one of those awful miners? :P
    Pretty successful solo mission runner. Netted about 1.5bn on a bad month to 3bn on a good month with a bit of LP to spare. I was in a good all-around corp focused on having fun, mining and both PvE and PvP combat training.
    I used to be in a small (as in 6-man corp) WH corp as well but I quit that as solo WH exploration is fairly suicidal with little to no PvP experience. Needless to say, if you don't have an alt, it's also hard to get back if you do get ganked.

    @Duero, EvE is fairly mature. EvE is NOT a solo MMO. ANYTHING BUT a solo MMO even. The community in EvE is what ties it together. The ganks, the rage, the fun you have doing that to other players and the responsibilities you get after being active in your corp/alliance.
    Edit: not to mention that you can do whatever the **** you want, other than IRL threats, newbie killing and the obvious hacks and goldbuying.
    Last edited by SnOwBunZz; 04-21-2014 at 11:51 PM.

  8. #8
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    I'm not actually sure what you're talking about friend. Eve's community is one of the best out there. The community is quite mature, although you will inevitably encounter those not-so-friendly types, but that will happen in every game. I think you might've just had a bad experience.
    During my 7 years I seen some a few few good people but mostly immature people like Goons,IT,AAA,Pandemic Legion and so on if you say they are Mature I want to know witch parallel world you live in. I played mmos sense Ultima online in 1997 and I agree all mmos have immature people and some drama but EVE beats that big time. Geesh the drama in many of the Corpīs can be so damn much you wonder if you joined the Drama club instead of playing game. Also with pvp if you kill or get killed every one seams the need to bash you in local like some 5 years old like. "Oh you lost your ship you gonna cry and get angry about it I hope you cry I like do drink noobs tears" Why they **** should I cry over pixels for, geesh grow up. Or when you kill them they start to call you ******* and they gonna get there friends and hunt you down and kill me like a big f-ing noob.

    To be honest CoD and BF has a more mature community. How can I say so you think well sure you have your 12-15 years old who are immature. Then you have players in my 20+ and allot of them just tru to have a good fight they donīt get angry they just try to have a good time and there is 0 Drama.

    The drama in EvE is like watching an episode of jersey shore in space. So in the end a few nice eve players like 4 of them told me well ignore those bad players then witch im doing buy not playing the game because if I shall ignore 90% of the community why play a mmo if you shall run Solo in a mmo that is more focused on big alliances than solo play. EVE is a great game just need less A-holes and less jersey shore episodes.

    Im not kidding when I say I know allot of people who quit playing thanks to a shitty community in eve I even know people who just started but quit 2 weeks after not because the learning curve but to people being Shit heads Itīs like They donīt wanīt new players because they get scared away with all the drama and stupid people.

    But as you said you can encounter bad players in all games but itīs way to much in EVE. And itīs up there with HoN LoL when it comes to worst immature community of all time.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    During my 7 years I seen some a few few good people but mostly immature people like Goons,IT,AAA,Pandemic Legion and so on if you say they are Mature I want to know witch parallel world you live in. I played mmos sense Ultima online in 1997 and I agree all mmos have immature people and some drama but EVE beats that big time. Geesh the drama in many of the Corpīs can be so damn much you wonder if you joined the Drama club instead of playing game. Also with pvp if you kill or get killed every one seams the need to bash you in local like some 5 years old like. "Oh you lost your ship you gonna cry and get angry about it I hope you cry I like do drink noobs tears" Why they **** should I cry over pixels for, geesh grow up. Or when you kill them they start to call you ******* and they gonna get there friends and hunt you down and kill me like a big f-ing noob.

    To be honest CoD and BF has a more mature community. How can I say so you think well sure you have your 12-15 years old who are immature. Then you have players in my 20+ and allot of them just tru to have a good fight they donīt get angry they just try to have a good time and there is 0 Drama.

    The drama in EvE is like watching an episode of jersey shore in space. So in the end a few nice eve players like 4 of them told me well ignore those bad players then witch im doing buy not playing the game because if I shall ignore 90% of the community why play a mmo if you shall run Solo in a mmo that is more focused on big alliances than solo play. EVE is a great game just need less A-holes and less jersey shore episodes.

    Im not kidding when I say I know allot of people who quit playing thanks to a shitty community in eve I even know people who just started but quit 2 weeks after not because the learning curve but to people being Shit heads Itīs like They donīt wanīt new players because they get scared away with all the drama and stupid people.

    But as you said you can encounter bad players in all games but itīs way to much in EVE. And itīs up there with HoN LoL when it comes to worst immature community of all time.
    Get out of high sec...

  10. #10
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,719
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Were you one of those awful miners? :P
    I was ;_; Spent my time running three accounts mining and producing cruisers for the faction warfare areas.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  11. #11
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Get out of high sec...
    So Delv and great wildlands are high sec now I did not know they must have changed that sense last I played.

    But yeah as you said Snow the best part with eve is that you can do whatever the F you want. But there we are again with the community if you do The F you want like ApocaRUFF he was mining for FW but in every other eve players mind if you doing anything that is not pvp, Like mining, missions or exploring your a noob a worthless player a care bear so in the end eve is to what the F you wanīt but if you donīt do pvp only your not a real eve player do like we do or donīt play at all.

    Now I did pvp mostly becuse I love does big big 200 vs 200 500 vs 500 fight for me that was the fun part but because I liked pvp I never smack talked about player who did not do pvp because im not that immature I need to talk shit about others that donīt play like I do.
    Last edited by Duero; 04-22-2014 at 11:42 AM.

  12. #12
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 19

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yup, I'm playing eve right now, came back to it several months back. I've just been grinding isk with the occasional lowsec roam or doing some goofy event, like doing level 4's and 5's in a swarm of t1 frigates. Not sure if I'll cancel my account again or not come summer expansion, since they seem to be trying to kill the game with this expansion, not to mention making my standings I've grinded for five years to make a corp boosting service, completely and totally useless.

  13. #13
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    During my 7 years I seen some a few few good people but mostly immature people like Goons,IT,AAA,Pandemic Legion and so on if you say they are Mature I want to know witch parallel world you live in. I played mmos sense Ultima online in 1997 and I agree all mmos have immature people and some drama but EVE beats that big time. Geesh the drama in many of the Corpīs can be so damn much you wonder if you joined the Drama club instead of playing game. Also with pvp if you kill or get killed every one seams the need to bash you in local like some 5 years old like. "Oh you lost your ship you gonna cry and get angry about it I hope you cry I like do drink noobs tears" Why they **** should I cry over pixels for, geesh grow up. Or when you kill them they start to call you ******* and they gonna get there friends and hunt you down and kill me like a big f-ing noob.

    To be honest CoD and BF has a more mature community. How can I say so you think well sure you have your 12-15 years old who are immature. Then you have players in my 20+ and allot of them just tru to have a good fight they donīt get angry they just try to have a good time and there is 0 Drama.

    The drama in EvE is like watching an episode of jersey shore in space. So in the end a few nice eve players like 4 of them told me well ignore those bad players then witch im doing buy not playing the game because if I shall ignore 90% of the community why play a mmo if you shall run Solo in a mmo that is more focused on big alliances than solo play. EVE is a great game just need less A-holes and less jersey shore episodes.

    Im not kidding when I say I know allot of people who quit playing thanks to a shitty community in eve I even know people who just started but quit 2 weeks after not because the learning curve but to people being Shit heads Itīs like They donīt wanīt new players because they get scared away with all the drama and stupid people.

    But as you said you can encounter bad players in all games but itīs way to much in EVE. And itīs up there with HoN LoL when it comes to worst immature community of all time.
    I must respectfully disagree sir. People in Eve are just of a different breed. Its not that Goons/PL like to be immature, even though some of them honestly are. Its that they like to have fun in PvP. Trolling their victims, because people who lose their ships get angry. It's easy to toy with their emotions, I do the exact same thing. It amuses me. Am I immature? I do not believe so.

    Now I have also played MMOs since the beginning of time. And there are countless worse communities. Such as the ones you mentioned, Lol/HoN etc. But also the FPS communities, are also quite immature. Annoying kids everywhere. I play WoW as well, and I cannot describe in words, just how much I despise that community. However, Eve is different. It does indeed have its bad part, but OVERALL, it is a better community than most out there today. And I speak from experience, as I started in 2003.

    I recommend that you go back and try the game again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Get out of high sec...
    Quoted for truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I was ;_; Spent my time running three accounts mining and producing cruisers for the faction warfare areas.
    Production ain't too bad these days. Can get you a lot of money!

  14. #14
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    nah your right people who to toy with emotions for there own pleasure is not immature I call them disrespectful A-holes. But truer word has never been spoken treat others how you want them to treat you so people being A-holes to me because they find it fun trying to get me angry well I mark they as A-holes and give them Zero respect. And no I donīt get angry when I lose a ship itīs game no point in wasting energy on ones and zeros. All I am is sad that people need to be such shit heads to please them self.

  15. #15
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,755
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    In any case, Duero's burned out on the community (I think). So far the only person that I know that says the community is bad. Oo
    It's usually the 'MS Excel' part putting them off. :/

  16. #16
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    In any case, Duero's burned out on the community (I think). So far the only person that I know that says the community is bad. Oo
    It's usually the 'MS Excel' part putting them off. :/
    well not to step on some foots but when you are a bad person you tend to enjoy the company of other bad people why do you think a bully is never alone.

    Eve is famous for Cyberbullying I seen allot of sites and blogs writing about it being bullied my self and know people who even killed them self out all the bullying thatīs something I look down own. Eve player things itīs all fun and game but thatīs not the case and that why I will never return to eve even if I love the game because I hate does kinds of people and as I said you donīt see them when you are a bullie your self and thatīs why to you the community is great.

    No im not saying you guys are the kind of people but can be one reason you donīt see the bad I do or you donīt see it becuse your corp is not full of shit.
    Last edited by Duero; 04-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.

  17. #17
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    well not to step on some foots but when you are a bad person you tend to enjoy the company of other bad people why do you think a bully is never alone.

    Eve is famous for Cyberbullying I seen allot of sites and blogs writing about it being bullied my self and know people who even killed them self out all the bullying thatīs something I look down own. Eve player things itīs all fun and game but thatīs not the case and that why I will never return to eve even if I love the game because I hate does kinds of people and as I said you donīt see them when you are a bullie your self and thatīs why to you the community is great.

    No im not saying you guys are the kind of people but can be one reason you donīt see the bad I do or you donīt see it becuse your corp is not full of shit.
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it. But I would not go as far as saying its famous for 'cyberbullying' - I mean, that right there happens in every single game I've ever played over the past decade +.

  18. #18
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it. But I would not go as far as saying its famous for 'cyberbullying' - I mean, that right there happens in every single game I've ever played over the past decade +.
    well true it happens in every game but in eve itīs some how bigger because of 50k peple rather than millions or 100k some mmos have you tend to notice it more. I love eve but the people make me sick man in 1 year I was in 20 corps because all the drama and how bad some people treated me.

  19. #19
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,887
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I never stick to eve online for more than a month before I get bored and quit.

  20. #20
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,182
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Eve is famous for the kinds of people that it attracts. People who do whatever they please to other people, purely because they enjoy it.
    Unlike real life? Don't make me laugh. Why do people choose to ignore the worst of human idiosyncracies? We are predatory animals first, and social moral sentient living beings second. When you ignore the former you just end up ignoring your actions.

    P.S. I'm in a bad mood. We would've won a 4v5 but our 5th came back to take cs and feed.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-23-2014 at 07:26 AM.

  21. #21
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22
    Duero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Unlike real life? Don't make me laugh. Why do people choose to ignore the worst of human idiosyncracies? We are predatory animals first, and social moral sentient living beings second. When you ignore the former you just end up ignoring your actions.

    P.S. I'm in a bad mood. We would've won a 4v5 but our 5th came back to take cs and feed.
    Well true but itīs 2014 maybe we should have evolved a bit more and have a bit more moral but but it seams we still are stuck in the stone age. Maybe thatīs why we never seen other life forms they donīt wanīt to hang around with cave men.

  22. #22
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Unlike real life? Don't make me laugh. Why do people choose to ignore the worst of human idiosyncracies? We are predatory animals first, and social moral sentient living beings second. When you ignore the former you just end up ignoring your actions.

    P.S. I'm in a bad mood. We would've won a 4v5 but our 5th came back to take cs and feed.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make friend.

    I was merely stating the obvious good sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    Well true but itīs 2014 maybe we should have evolved a bit more and have a bit more moral but but it seams we still are stuck in the stone age. Maybe thatīs why we never seen other life forms they donīt wanīt to hang around with cave men.
    Lol. And here we agree upon something.

  23. #23
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11
    Theotori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarbyte View Post
    Not sure what point you are trying to make friend.

    I was merely stating the obvious good sir.



    Lol. And here we agree upon something.


    Im still struggling to find out what the point of your thread was, and intention you hold in it?

    You seem to shoot down anyone who has a slightly different opinion about EvE than your own, but then merit those who speak fondly off it.

    Your question was "are there any pilots?" - your answer was "No, everyones burned out now after 5-8+ years of the game, and dont really have much intention going back", so other than that, whats your objective here?

    I cant help but think your like trying to promote the game, to gain some fresh faces, or different intent all together?

    Either way - i think i myself, will hang off for Star Citizen, and see how that goes first.

  24. #24
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 257
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,182
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theotori View Post
    You seem to shoot down anyone who has a slightly different opinion about EvE than your own, but then merit those who speak fondly off it.

    Your question was "are there any pilots?" - your answer was "No, everyones burned out now after 5-8+ years of the game, and dont really have much intention going back",
    Such is the way of things :P

    I'll go back once I buy a fifth PC for botting. Hopefully my previous accounts were only banned one month instead of being permabanned.

  25. #25
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10
    Zarbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theotori View Post
    Im still struggling to find out what the point of your thread was, and intention you hold in it?

    You seem to shoot down anyone who has a slightly different opinion about EvE than your own, but then merit those who speak fondly off it.

    Your question was "are there any pilots?" - your answer was "No, everyones burned out now after 5-8+ years of the game, and dont really have much intention going back", so other than that, whats your objective here?

    I cant help but think your like trying to promote the game, to gain some fresh faces, or different intent all together?

    Either way - i think i myself, will hang off for Star Citizen, and see how that goes first.

    dis·cus·sion
    noun
    1.
    the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"

    "Debate" works too.


    Apparently good sir, you do not realize that discussions happen from time to time. Discussions about things occur when there is a common interest and/or conflicting interest. I have not shot anyone down. I have merely asserted my own opinions which are based on my own experiences. And I believe I have done so, very politely... I might add.

    My friend, I think you may be confused.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •