Bandai Namco annouces "Rise of Incarnates": New F2P 2-on-2 Beat 'Em Up

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Random Chua Reputation: 47

Default Bandai Namco annouces "Rise of Incarnates": New F2P 2-on-2 Beat 'Em Up

http://www.riseofincarnates.com/

BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today announces an entirely new franchise, Rise of Incarnates. Forged by the creators of Tekken and SoulCalibur; unfettered 3D battles are about to be unleashed upon PC gamers. Rise of Incarnates is scheduled for release in the latter half of 2014 for PCs in the Americas.

Born from BANDAI NAMCO Games’ fighting game pedigree, the teams behind Tekken, SoulCalibur, and Gundam Extreme VS unite to bring Rise of Incarnates to life. Rise of Incarnates features ground-breaking 2 vs. 2 gameplay, a multitude of characters and roles, and battlegrounds throughout shattered yet accurately rendered real-world cityscapes. These diverse character types and roles, each with unique skills and powers, appeal to a variety of play-styles while accommodating expansive team dynamics and strategy. Players employ sharp reflexes, mental resolve, and strategic insight as they run, jump, and fly through 3D arenas, engaging in both close-quarters combat and long-range assaults.

Players take the role of “Incarnates”, humans that command untold mythical powers as they vie to avoid tragedy and reshape the course of their world. Due to their special abilities, Incarnates are both feared and loathed by the general population while being persecuted by the authorities that want to harness and use their power for their own nefarious needs. One day, a mysterious voice calls out to the Incarnates telling them the only way to avoid certain destruction is to destroy the “Sovereign of this era.” It is here that the battle for dominance amongst Incarnates begins and the fate of life on Earth hangs in the balance.

“As a new franchise, Rise of Incarnates represents the next big step in expanding BANDAI NAMCO’s footprint in the Free-to-Play gaming space,” said In Joon Hwang, Director of Digital Games at BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. “Having been built from the ground up, Rise of Incarnates contains the necessary attributes that create a rich and dynamic gaming environment that fans are sure to enjoy.”

Rise of Incarnates for PC is scheduled for release in the latter part of 2014.
    Besides from those laughably bad character designs, I'm interested. The last time I can remember the Tekken and Soul Calibur teams working together was on Urban Reign for the PS2, which was a VERY underrated game. Judging by the gameplay shown, it looks like it could serve as a spiritual successor to Psychic Force 2012, which was also very underrated game. As long as the F2P part isn't too bad like their previous F2P title (Ridge Racer: Driftopia), then I can see myself getting into this.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Looks a lot like that ps3 or was it xbox game that was pvp . No idea what was called >.> .

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

This looks really good to me. I'm too easy to please though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Looks a lot like that ps3 or was it xbox game that was pvp . No idea what was called >.> .
    Phantom Dust, maybe?

Currently playing:

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

...Anarchy Reign?
    Messing around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Quote Originally Posted by Jerov View Post
    ...Anarchy Reign?
    this one :P

Ugh, Anarchy Reigns... That game had so much potential but was ultimately ruined by terrible gameplay balance and a shoddy netcode.

Still, a lot of people have been making that connection but I just don't see it, strangely enough.
    Last edited by Mikedot; 04-22-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Currently playing:

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Good to see a new beat em up on the free to play scene ,we don't have many of them. Reminds me of Darksiders a bit

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 107

i was surprised at first, then i saw the F2P tag, now i have no reason to keep following this.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    I'm sure that everything that I just said seems extremely silly to most of the people reading this, but Sonic has a place in my heart and that will carry on until I die.

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Thanks for the info Mike, just signed up. I'm always interested in new Online Fighting Games. Sadly, we don't have to many of them on the PC.
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast