How's ESO?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    It's not worth the subscription fee, but it is indeed a good game. However, they have a lot to fix. I'm having fun, but after my free month is up I'm not going to continue with my subscription. Angry Joe didn't even play past level 20. Ign's review seems a bit more fitting, but maybe a 7 instead.
    You're aware you have to give them a 30 day notice before they will cancel your subscription, right?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Elder Scrolls is subscription-based? LOL

If you're playing for the singleplayer it's actually not bad though. I imagine PvP'ing with a zerg guild would be ok too.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 04-23-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Game Journalist Reputation: 386

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    You're aware you have to give them a 30 day notice before they will cancel your subscription, right?
    Eh? I canceled my sub the other day with no issue. Where's this 30-days notice stuff from?
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/10]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where you got that info, but my subscription isn't active anymore. I'm playing on on time I have left.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 39

The latest TGS podcast, with Projared

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Well, with all those answers I guess its a "stay-away-game". At least for now.

Thanks guys, still looking for something to play ;-;

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by xKyphes View Post
    Well, with all those answers I guess its a "stay-away-game". At least for now.

Thanks guys, still looking for something to play ;-;
    Let me know if you find something.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 382

its quite fun. Been playing for 3 weeks now and Im only level 33. So much to do in terms of character progression.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Game Journalist Reputation: 67

Bought it last week, played it for a couple days and enjoyed myself but got bored of it fairly quickly. The game starts off slow, real slow. I suppose in a way you can compare it to any other p2p MMO but I just felt that after 2 or 3 days of questing there was nothing I could do besides that. The stories are well done, but I myself have never been too big of a fan of stories, I usually skip most of them and only the really interesting ones can keep me entertained. The main reason I play a MMORPG is to create your own story, to experience its world, its community and its features. And that is what something that I missed with ESO. The game is really slow, you will definitely spend days leveling up and only doing singleplayer quests. This means that you will see people running around you, but you do not need them in any kind of way.

It kinda feels you are sheltered off, and the developers themselves weren't really sure what type of game they were making. Looking at the game, it feels like they forgot that it actually was meant as a MMORPG, and even though there are many people wandering around you doing the same quests and areas you just do not feel like to even go in with the crowd. This is the feeling that I have got after 2 or 3 days of playing which was around 5 to 6 hours a day.

Friends of mine told me to pull through and keep on playing to see more of the game, but I was a little disappointed that most of the content is actually sometime later in the game. You will definitely spend the first week doing quests that probably bore you to death and I suppose you have to stick through to get to the more entertaining parts of the game. Ive watched many twitch streams from the game before I decided to buy it, and I can admit i've seen my fair share of gameplay even though I myself have only played a few days of it. The PvP looks a lot of fun, but just like Guild Wars 2 I can see myself getting really bored of it rather quickly.

Just like the others above me said, the game honestly doesn't feel worth it as a subscription based game. Back when I played in the alpha and beta sessions, I never really enjoyed myself fully either. I always felt like the game wasn't really part of The Elder Scrolls series, they really tried to make it like one, but it is just lacking most of the elements of it. The stories, well I haven't seen that many interesting stories and quests yet, and that is unfortunate since most Elder Scrolls games are known for having this really well made story that throws you right into the game that intrigues you in a way. And despite the developers focusing on making this a first person type of game, in the end I felt more comfortable with the third person view that also has a really weird angle. And even though third person was always an option in Elder Scrolls games, I always preferred the first person view more. To me, the Elder Scrolls Online series does not feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

ESO is hands down the most enjoyable mmo I have played yet. Combat is the funnest I have experienced (TERA was my only other action combat mmo I have played). I am level 23 and having a blast. Yes it is quest based but what freakin mmo is not? I have noticed that the ONRPG community has a strong hate biased towards ESO. I am not quite sure why but you hardly find anyone talking positively about this game on these forums. When I am in game, there are TONS of people playing and barely anyone complains about any aspect of the game. All you hear when you ask for opinions like this is hate on the game because the masses who love it are too busy playing .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast