How's ESO?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Default How's ESO?

Hey,

So i'm bored to death these days after endless farming on d3, i just need something else. I haven't seen any ESO thread on the first 3 pages ( maybe I'm blind? ).

I've been debating on buying it or not, a few of my friends play it but I'm not sure if I'll like it.

Anyways, how's ESO? still very popular or it was just over-hyped?

edit; is pvp any good? <--- that's the most important.
    Last edited by xKyphes; 04-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

It's not a terrible game. I played it for some time and got some enjoyment out of it. It's definitely the most single player MMO I've ever played. Not only is there barely any tools to help create groups, but making groups outside of cyrodil and dungeons is pointless because you don't share quest progression.

I don't care for the pvp but that's more of a preference than a fault. Small scale pvp does not exist. You're either riding around with your zerg group or you're ninja-ing based with your group of 10ish people. Not seeing much variety in pvp either. Everyone seems to be either doing archery (because it does absurd damage at all ranges) or is a vampire spamming shield bashes.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

there's a wolf in my heart

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

did you try Wildstar yet? can it be tried now?
    i have this feeling wildstar is better than eso right now, though eso could pick up its game over time.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by neomazoku View Post
    It's not a terrible game. I played it for some time and got some enjoyment out of it. It's definitely the most single player MMO I've ever played. Not only is there barely any tools to help create groups, but making groups outside of cyrodil and dungeons is pointless because you don't share quest progression.

I don't care for the pvp but that's more of a preference than a fault. Small scale pvp does not exist. You're either riding around with your zerg group or you're ninja-ing based with your group of 10ish people. Not seeing much variety in pvp either. Everyone seems to be either doing archery (because it does absurd damage at all ranges) or is a vampire spamming shield bashes.
    Ah, so there's no matchmaking for bgs and things like that? I like the raid idea but gathering players yourself may take some time. I guess, after watching candyholic's video, ill wait some time before looking back at it. it looks like they're money hungry and didn't develop the game to its maximum..

As for wildstar, if you pre-order you can only play weekends for now.. so not really looking for this game yet

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    LOL. First AngryJoe video I actually watched all the way through. I about shit my pants at 2:20 +

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Came here to link Angry Joe.

P.S. The game is shit.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

It's not worth the subscription fee, but it is indeed a good game. However, they have a lot to fix. I'm having fun, but after my free month is up I'm not going to continue with my subscription. Angry Joe didn't even play past level 20. Ign's review seems a bit more fitting, but maybe a 7 instead.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 39

Woulda been better if it were a normal Elder Scrolls game with Multiplayer parties and an MMO style arena thing that you and your friends could fight other teams in. That's all the online connectivity you need, and Zenimax has proven they can't handle an mmo.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

I'm going to wait until it goes F2P to play it, if ever, because the Betas were beyond bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast