Need some help please

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Need some help please

I really need some help finding a good MMORPG. I'm a bit newer to the scene and my background consists of playing Runescape for way to many years. I then and still play League of Legends but I need a side game. My buddy got me into WoW and after a good 5 to 6 months I just didn't enjoy it mostly cause of the community and me being new the game was fun but being as far behind as I was and not knowing it along with some of my buddies quitting it wasn't worth playing anymore.

What I'm looking for if someone can help me is a bit more of a highly recommended pvp game. I don't mind paying a monthly subscription, but would like a high player base so I feel like I interact with people in pvp. I'm not much into the sci-fi theme but if you can convince me I'll give it a go Sorry if grammar is terrible it's the internet. Also if any of my wording is off I am also sorry.

Rated pvp/open world pvp is always nice I know that I'm somewhat pick on stuff like that but I like fighting people not bosses.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

SMITE, ArcheAge (coming soon), Maple Story, Dofus, RS07...

Let me know if you sell your Runescape account ;)
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

FFXIV for PvP.

lol jk.

Have you tried GW2? Like Phenoca said, ArcheAge once it comes out will be very big on PvP.

I singed up for the Archeage to try and get a beta key, have any ideas when it's going to be released sorry I'm a noob when it come to stuff like this.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by utaah View Post
    I singed up for the Archeage to try and get a beta key, have any ideas when it's going to be released sorry I'm a noob when it come to stuff like this.
    Probably between now and September. The English sites (Trion was it?) has been sending out newsletters, and the Russian server (and I think another Asian one?) are already running
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 10

Look into Elder Scrolls Online. Seriously... Funnest MMO I have played and if you name a fantasy mmo I have probably at least tried it lol... And it is action combat so pvp is pretty good. Only one zone is pvp, but in that zone, you could be doing a public dungeon with your group then all the sudden an enemy faction strolls along and can try and kill you all :P. Not to mention you can customize your character in sooo many ways. You choose one "class" but that class has 3 skill trees, and there are 3 npc guilds to join each with their own skill tree, then each weapon type has its own skill tree! From all of these you mix and match the skills you want to create a character YOU want to play.

I am currently a support dragonknight. Dragon knights are supposed to be the "tank" of the game, but I have made it a healer/buffer wearing light armor :P. You could even have a lightning sorcerer decked out in heavy armor and a 2h sword...

Later in the game (in the lvl 40s) you can get infected from fighting vampires or werewolves and complete a quest to turn into either or. This unlocks a NEW skill line for werewolf or vampire as well. Not to mention the explorable world in ESO is huuuuge.

All in all it is a very solid game. The community here will tell you otherwise though. I don't understand what their problem is, but everyone on this forum seems to sling hate at ESO... ESO currently has a massive player base and hardly anyone in game is ever complaining about the game. Most people hating on it played the first beta and made their opinion about the game... :/.

It is buy to play then 15 dollar sub though. Since you played WoW I figured you are open to sub? But anyway, i suggest looking at ESO.

For a f2p game, I would look at Aion, it is all about its pvp. In the abyss (main pvp zone unlocked at lvl 25 if I remember correctly) You can use your wings to fly all over and have aerial combat. In the normal world you can only glide with wings so no fighting in the air there... But Aion is not action combat, it is typical mmo combat style, but game is very solid. It is completely free with no pay to win cash shop. Not to mention it is a very pretty game (armor/weapons/scenery wise). There are also combos. You have to use certain skills to trigger other skills, which adds some uniqueness to combat. Sometimes triggers are not 100% either, so you might get a heavy hitting skill but could have low trigger rate, so can't be used as an "Oh ****" button, instead is used if you are lucky to trigger it.

I heard that ESO was a flop, well not completely but the pvp in it is very very sub par?

Exactly Utaah... It is people slinging undeserving hate towards the game. They most likely have not even given the game a fair shot but shoot it down because it is competition to WoW... I personally have not done pvp but I imagine it is quite entertaining. I am having a blast with the combat in pve, I imagine going against other players is interesting.

Ehhh yea if this is a time waster while waiting on another game you should pass on ESO Lol. 70 bucks is bit Worth it when you will drop the game in a couple months because I think Archeage is planning a summer release?

But you should look at aion or maybe age of Conan? Both f2p. You have to pay later in age of Conan but in aion you get all content without spending a penny and cash shop is just cosmetic junk. No p2w

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Allods Online P2P server.
    Aion.

They both have good open world PVP, but saying they have large population might be stretching it.