Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge Founderís Packs Now Available!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Not sure if most people realize but they deseperately need to make some money considering one of their projects completely bombed into development twice and their other big project Defiance just fell completely flat to the point of nearly dying right after launch because of how awful the game was. They're hoping Archeage is going to be another huge money maker like Rift was/is.

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    what r u talking about
    there's no loot on corpses
    the 'open' pvp is restricted to zones e.g 30-40-50 and pk is the same.
    then those zones will also enter truce every 2 hours? so if you really don't want to pvp while you level you're fine by leveling elsewhere during war hours.
    Have information on their website that confirms that?

Because AIKA has something similar, but their areas never go into truce it seems. (Citizens can PK non-citizens freely in any zone, even if you aren't flagged for PVP. But you can't attack them without flagging for PVP. Happens even on their "PVE" Servers.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 04-25-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 480

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post

Because AIKA has something similar, but their areas never go into truce it seems. (Citizens can PK non-citizens freely in any zone, even if you aren't flagged for PVP. But you can't attack them without flagging for PVP. Happens even on their "PVE" Servers.)
    The game never intended to be full loot.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

I bought the $150 cape and finished patching!

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

que

There's no info that states otherwise. It's just how the game functions, why would Trion change something like that?

Trion's alpha is exactly as Candyholic said. In either case the only thing they can loot from you is trade packs.

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    I haven't looked much into this game at all. So this game is going to go F2P, essentially P2W because that's how "F2P" MMOs function now. I see people comparing the other versions to this one and saying how horrible it'll be. What is currently wrong with the Russian version other than IP blocking outsiders (except those who still play it), that is being used as a comparison to the US version we will be getting?

Are things that bad? I do agree that the prices that they listed are absurd and I definitely wouldn't be dropping any cash.
    P2W - no, but you need to get premium if you wish to do serious crafting/farming/land owning. People saying how horrible it will be - where are you getting that from? Only comparisons are to the 1.0 patch and how it is potentionally gamebreaking, but Trion already addressed most of the shitty stuff of 1.0 so I see only success.

What is currently wrong with the Russian version besides IP blocking? Probably just bots and cheaters and how mail.ru (publisher) does nothing about it.
    Last edited by Grable; 04-25-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

For me that's just plain robbery.
    Imma gonna stick with Tera.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Whoever buys these deserves everything bad that happens to them.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 11

Does anyone know when the aim to go into beta? That's what I'm waiting for

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

have.. information..

i played the game to cap in russian version, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    the first cape in-game is attained at level 20 and it gives better stats + you can add emblem
    the glider is also worse than the upgrades gotten in-game
    the blacksmith stones are useless because you can get an infinite amount in-game
    the wandering stones are craftable/purchaseable for delphic stars
    i think the chests are gotten through dailies in-game, contain delphic stars and potions and crap
    the emblem potion is easily BOUGHT in-game using your own gold because it's so damn cheap cash shop wise
    pet healing potions LOL ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME thats THE most useless item in the whole game, not even npc fodder
    Last edited by Professor Cena; 04-25-2014 at 03:10 PM.

I'm going to buy the top tier probably. because I don't want Trion to die out. Trove won't save them either.

I'm really, really, really bad at PVP though. So even if I play the game, i won't ever be able to compete, ever. Even if I played it for a year, and decided to play PVP Maps, it just won't work, I can't get it down. (I've tried in numerous MMORPGs. Like TERA, FFXIV, Perfect World, Neverwinter.)
    Last edited by coldReactive; 04-25-2014 at 03:17 PM.

King Furry Reputation: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'd like to rephrase my first post in this thread and comment on a few (silly) posts.

First off, to all saying this means P2W, the usual cash shop whine - most of the stuff you get from founder packs is literally worthless. If these founder packs prove something is that Trion is going exactly the route they said they will - "no tricks, no traps".
    The only two things that matter is the premium and the cash shop currency, with which you can buy... you guessed it - more premium. Everything else is just cosmetic crap that you will probably be able to buy from the cash shop if you really want to look "special".

Which brings me to my second point:
    There is horrible value in these founder packs for how much money you pay for them. Disregarding all the useless stuff you get:
    Silver 45Ä = 13Ä (cash shop) + 14Ä (1 month sub) = 45Ä-27Ä = 18Ä money lost
    Gold 90Ä = 38Ä (cash shop) + 28Ä (2 month sub) = 90Ä-66Ä = 23Ä money lost
    Archeum 135Ä = 57Ä (cash shop) + 42Ä (3 month sub)= 135Ä-99Ä = 36Ä money lost
    If you include the useless stuff it means something probably a bit worse.

Archeum for example, at the very least, all the other useless fluff is valued at Ä36, and if it is valued at that price, they're giving no discount for people whom are supporting the game early.

Or, if they are giving a discount it means they're valuing those crappy fluff items at over Ä40, which says a lot about how the cash shop is going to be in future.
    And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear.

You shout and no one seems to hear.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 132

I think everyone has pretty much come to the same conclusion.. The ArcheAge founders packs are a very bad value and are a punch in the face to the fans that may have wanted to help support the game early. It also doesn't offer a better bang for the buck if you invest early. This is the first of many factors that may lead to the failure of the game. It may seem small now, but its bad for them to build the game up on bad decisions, and this sure is one of them.
    Current Games:

WoW
    No Man's Sky (PC)

Waiting for:

Chronicles of Elyria (PC)

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    If you include the useless stuff it means something probably a bit worse.

Archeum for example, at the very least, all the other useless fluff is valued at €36, and if it is valued at that price, they're giving no discount for people whom are supporting the game early.

Or, if they are giving a discount it means they're valuing those crappy fluff items at over €40, which says a lot about how the cash shop is going to be in future.
    I think it's not about how much they value all the "useless" stuff, it's how much they're overpricing their alpha/beta access, because that is what you are essentially paying for with founder packs.

King Furry Reputation: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I think it's not about how much they value all the "useless" stuff, it's how much they're overpricing their alpha/beta access, because that is what you are essentially paying for with founder packs.
    The idea that beta testing is somehow worth paying for is an even worse concept.
    And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear.

You shout and no one seems to hear.

One of my friends isn't going to play ArcheAge specifically because of open world pvp. *sigh*

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    the first cape in-game is attained at level 20 and it gives better stats + you can add emblem
    the glider is also worse than the upgrades gotten in-game
    the blacksmith stones are useless because you can get an infinite amount in-game
    the wandering stones are craftable/purchaseable for delphic stars
    i think the chests are gotten through dailies in-game, contain delphic stars and potions and crap
    the emblem potion is easily BOUGHT in-game using your own gold because it's so damn cheap cash shop wise
    pet healing potions LOL ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME thats THE most useless item in the whole game, not even npc fodder
    I'm gonna make it all back through bo*ting.

(Yes, I'm a boater.)

One of my friends isn't going to play ArcheAge specifically because of open world pvp. *sigh*
    then tell him there is no such thing (:
    the 'open' pvp is easily avoidable (you can just farm/craft/grind elsewhere during war status), except out on the open sea.

then tell him there is no such thing (:
    except out on the open sea.
    Yeah, not me either now.

Yeah, not me either now.
    why wouldn't there be open pvp out on the sea, considering there's a pirate faction lol.

well, carebears gonna be carebears
    this is why we can't have nice games

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

So how fun are the open seas Candy/Apoca? Never got that far on RU because my client got corrupted once and i didn't feel like redownloading the installer lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    So how fun are the open seas Candy/Apoca? Never got that far on RU because my client got corrupted once and i didn't feel like redownloading the installer lol...
    the open sea can be pretty awesome, until you are the one being chased by a speedboat as you try to rowboat your way across the sea to deliver your banana wine LOL.
    nothing better than being on your trade ship with a shit ton of guild members (i think at one point we had 3 ships full of cargo + 10 members on each) and fighting off pirates/griefers as you try to deliver your cargo worth hundreds of gold/stars.

Game Journalist Reputation: 95

While the low reward for these packs does seem a bit insulting to the founders, it can be taken as a good sign that money won't get you everything in this game. If they do the cash shop like Rift, I'll be happy.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Imagine if Eve Online and Guns of Icarus had a baby. Now, this baby may not have fully taken in the full traits of the parents, but the resemblance is there and is enough to give ArcheAge its own unique feel. It goes without saying, because of this, the open sea is fun to traverse.

General Manager Reputation: 578

well, carebears gonna be carebears
    this is why we can't have nice games
    to that.
    Iíd rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

You would know where you're going if you didn't skip the cutscenes, a$$hole! - Ragachak

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Skyrim Remastered (and uber modded), Shadowverse
    History: Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go, Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Am i a carebear i dont like pvp either >.<
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once