Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge Founderís Packs Now Available!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Default ArcheAge Founderís Packs Now Available!

Calling all adventurers, explorers, warriors, and artisans! ArcheAge Founder’s Packs have arrived with Beta access, Patron bonuses, gliders, Head Start perks, in-game Credits, and more.

Preview all three Founder’s Packs and secure your spot in our upcoming Beta, or join Alpha right now as an Archeum founder and lead the way into the grand adventure that awaits!
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You can see the packs here. Think I'll take my chances and wait 10 years for Black Desert

やめてください! Reputation: 296

lol, Aeria Games deja vu.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 31

Any ETA for alpha or beta?

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    Any ETA for alpha or beta?
    Alpha is currently happening. The beta is still a bit off.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 132

The founders packs suck compared to what EQN Landmark offers for its Founders Pack, and the prices are cheaper as well. These Archeage Founders Packs are a kick in the face to many players.

At least give some real value for the money they invest, and don't gouge them for Alpha.

This game is starting to look more and more like the other versions, which isn't good since it means severe limitations in most things unless you pay big money.
    Current Games:

WoW
    No Man's Sky (PC)

Waiting for:

Chronicles of Elyria (PC)

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuarikado View Post
    Alpha is currently happening. The beta is still a bit off.
    Thank you for the hasty response.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    The founders packs suck compared to what EQN Landmark offers for its Founders Pack, and the prices are cheaper as well. These Archeage Founders Packs are a kick in the face to many players.

At least give some real value for the money they invest, and don't gouge them for Alpha.

This game is starting to look more and more like the other versions, which isn't good since it means severe limitations in most things unless you pay big money.
    The 150 usd one does not seem too awful expensive for what you're getting. Having played rift for a few years I figure patron will be 15usd a month and then you get 75usd worth of cash shop money. So 120usd right there. If you discount everything else that you get then its roughly 30 dollars. I was already gonna pluck in cash over the next few months for release so this got me a decent jump and also into alpha. Works for me.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 14

I can already see that this game wont last long on na region.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 132

Quote Originally Posted by creasian View Post
    The 150 usd one does not seem too awful expensive for what you're getting. Having played rift for a few years I figure patron will be 15usd a month and then you get 75usd worth of cash shop money. So 120usd right there. If you discount everything else that you get then its roughly 30 dollars. I was already gonna pluck in cash over the next few months for release so this got me a decent jump and also into alpha. Works for me.
    Have fun with that. It seems to me, though, that Founders Packs are starting to become the norm more and more as time goes on. Even I've bought into it once (Landmark) but I still find it troubling, and think it could impact the availability of beta access if they're going to be getting (a lot of) beta invites via these paid packs. Back in the ol days you had to be accepted as a tester, qualified, etc to even have a chance. This also meant that everyone had the same chance.
    Current Games:

WoW
    No Man's Sky (PC)

Waiting for:

Chronicles of Elyria (PC)

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    Have fun with that. It seems to me, though, that Founders Packs are starting to become the norm more and more as time goes on. Even I've bought into it once (Landmark) but I still find it troubling, and think it could impact the availability of beta access if they're going to be getting (a lot of) beta invites via these paid packs. Back in the ol days you had to be accepted as a tester, qualified, etc to even have a chance. This also meant that everyone had the same chance.
    This is true and I do agree with you, but with a clause. Back then the pregame community was niche as niche could be. It worked great in that regard. But these days if there is a ton of hype then it is very difficulty for companies not to just do a lottery. There is no requirements for the lottery aside from existing with an account most times.

Rift has done well and they seem to handle the FTP while giving the potential to scale with goodies in the cash shop. So I am willing to bet that this game will do well om their capable hands as well. I work too many hours per week to try and snag a code from a facebook or twitter contest hunt that has more automation going on than my own vehicle. I only went for access for something to play during the hour or two every few days that I get to spend outside of work. So yeah it works for me, and with what i am getting, i don't feel cheated.

But I do agree with you. Back when the game devs were/could be the community managers things were better.
    Last edited by creasian; 04-25-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

Way too expensive.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Founders pack I would call it you must be stupid pack or very rich and stupid pack. Also are the company to poor to finish the translation or is it going so bad for them they need founder packs to pay there employees maybe they should make it p2p if they are in need of cash? Or are they just greedy shitheads who should quit I never be in the gaming industry. I just think they should stick to f2p or if they wanīt cash go p2p. I think founders pack are useless compared to like a collectors edition. I rather take a OST and Artbook any day over some beta access or some in game glitter.

Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 60

F2P?
    Wow Trion, really?..
    And there's also premium membership. Haha!

Passing on that one.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

If it's like the russian version then the only thing premium membership influences is crafting point generation and some EXP bonus for doing things. It's a pretty good system, cause if you're one of those farmville fans who like crafting and growing pointless crap, you can pay money to do more of it, and if you only care about fooling around and killing other people (like myself), then you can perfectly enjoy the game without paying a cent.

King Furry Reputation: 432

These founder packs are such awful value.
    And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear.

You shout and no one seems to hear.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

My god why call these games f2p ?? This is more expensive then ESO if you want a full expirience.... Just stupid.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

LOL THEY GIVE YOU 10 EVENSTONES?
    ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME OMG TRION LOL
    those are ****ing items any blacksmith sells for 10s/piece

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    LOL THEY GIVE YOU 10 EVENSTONES?
    ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME OMG TRION LOL
    those are ****ing items any blacksmith sells for 10s/piece
    Gonna be 50c USD a pop on the CS
    They tried foolin' us thinking the F2P model was going to be solid like RIFT, but alas. We were wrong
    Blowing smok eout of my ass but none-the-less these packs are...I want to say exploitative.

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Game has open pvp, and no penalty between opposing factions (But does for same faction.) (Also nearly full loot on player corpses, if not full loot.) Won't play.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 04-25-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII ∑ Saving For: New Computer

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    If it's like the russian version then the only thing premium membership influences is crafting point generation and some EXP bonus for doing things. It's a pretty good system, cause if you're one of those farmville fans who like crafting and growing pointless crap, you can pay money to do more of it, and if you only care about fooling around and killing other people (like myself), then you can perfectly enjoy the game without paying a cent.
    well when I played the Russian version I had to pay to even star farming at all so kinda suck. Hey you like craffting healing pots and so? , well pay up. Yes Im sure it was like that when I tried to plant thinks it said only premium mebers can do so. So no itīs not a good system if you need to pay to craft.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 14

I dont think the price is that bad... its a head start and you are also paying for the monthly fee benefits...
    the game is free2play.. either u wait to play for free or pay to try alpha/and have headstart with parton status

Neverwinter was similar pricing like this but for crappy stuff.. i would take daily EXP boost from Patron anytime

and they ALSO mention adding a loyal system that similar to RIFT
    so lots of rewards for how much months you are Patrons and RIFT rewards were pretty good

Plus all the Cashshop money
    Last edited by Bierno; 04-25-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Game has open pvp, and no penalty between opposing factions (But does for same faction.) (Also nearly full loot on player corpses, if not full loot.) Won't play.
    what r u talking about
    there's no loot on corpses
    the 'open' pvp is restricted to zones e.g 30-40-50 and pk is the same.
    then those zones will also enter truce every 2 hours? so if you really don't want to pvp while you level you're fine by leveling elsewhere during war hours.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 92

150 bucks? who do ths kids think they r?

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 26

I'd like to rephrase my first post in this thread and comment on a few (silly) posts.

First off, to all saying this means P2W, the usual cash shop whine - most of the stuff you get from founder packs is literally worthless. If these founder packs prove something is that Trion is going exactly the route they said they will - "no tricks, no traps".
    The only two things that matter is the premium and the cash shop currency, with which you can buy... you guessed it - more premium. Everything else is just cosmetic crap that you will probably be able to buy from the cash shop if you really want to look "special".

Which brings me to my second point:
    There is horrible value in these founder packs for how much money you pay for them. Disregarding all the useless stuff you get:
    Silver 45Ä = 13Ä (cash shop) + 14Ä (1 month sub) = 45Ä-27Ä = 18Ä money lost
    Gold 90Ä = 38Ä (cash shop) + 28Ä (2 month sub) = 90Ä-66Ä = 23Ä money lost
    Archeum 135Ä = 57Ä (cash shop) + 42Ä (3 month sub)= 135Ä-99Ä = 36Ä money lost

Arri's Animal Reputation: 104

I haven't looked much into this game at all. So this game is going to go F2P, essentially P2W because that's how "F2P" MMOs function now. I see people comparing the other versions to this one and saying how horrible it'll be. What is currently wrong with the Russian version other than IP blocking outsiders (except those who still play it), that is being used as a comparison to the US version we will be getting?

Are things that bad? I do agree that the prices that they listed are absurd and I definitely wouldn't be dropping any cash.