Looking for something new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Default Looking for something new

Trying to look for a new MMO. A few things to keep in mind:
    -No pay to play. Buy to play is allowed, but only if you have other options.
    -On that note, no pay to win either. I do spend some money on games that like, but I want to be able to get through the game without spending cash.
    -The game can be grindy, but keep in mind that I don't have much time to devote to games usually.
    -I'm getting a new gaming laptop, so I can play high spec games, but for now I don't have the specs to play things like TERA. For now though, I won't lower spec options.
    -In MMORPGs, I tend towards PvE.

Games that I've enjoyed:
    -Maplestory - found the game very novel when I first played it, I mainly like playing new classes when they come out, otherwise, I don't have the patience at later levels to grind.
    -Mabinogi - I find the game has quite a few P2W elements (pets, VIP, character cards), I also don't have the patience to rank up my skills, however, find the gameplay very fun and inventive and it's a game do return to from time to time (never for long periods though)
    -Dungeon Fighter Online (Dungeon and Fighter) - found the gameplay quite fun, very disappointed that the american version shut down, I tried to play the chinese version, but I find that it's not very fun when you can't understand what the game is telling you
    -Dragon Nest - mainly drew me in because its instanced gameplay reminded me of dungeon fighter online, overall loved slashing everything up with my swordsmen characters, never got to do the higher end nests though due to never being able to get high end equips
    -Infinity Wars - card games just appeal to me in general, I like how the game forces you to think one step ahead of your opponent
    -Elsword - loved blasting everything to pieces with my Code: Electra Eve, trying to get b-slots (and perhaps a magic necklace) before I want to continue playing her though
    -Spirit Tales/Glory Destiny - very much loved the anime graphics, found it refreshing that the game wasn't just a standard point and click
    -Aura Kingdom - YES! YES! YES! *ahem* my favorite MMORPG currently, the leveling rate is great, the gameplay is simple yet keeps me on my toes, the eidolon system is innovative, and the P2W aspects are at minimal
    -Atlantica - the turn-based combat was very interesting, but I kinda felt overwhelmed by the amount of content
    -Rift - the Rift system was fun, but like with Atlantica I felt overwhelmed

Games I've played but cannot form an accurate opinion/am neutral about:
    -Grand Chase - essentially what led me to play Elsword, annoying having to unlock all the characters, never really got too far, but PvE feels lackluster compared to Elsword for some reason (perhaps the lack of lasers?)
    -Hearthstone - currently have it on my iPad, haven't played enough yet (only started yesterday)
    -C9 - ran too slow on my PC
    -LoL - fun, but everyone on my team is an idiot usually and games take too long for my tastes
    -Eden Eternal - never played long enough
    -City of Heroes - interesting (especially with power and costume customizations), but too many P2W elements
    -Rusty Hearts - fun gameplay, but feels too repetitive and is produced by my most hated game company (see below)
    -Ragnarok Online 2 - ran too slowly on my computer, but was fun while I played it
    -Cabal - long loading times and plot summaries consumed much of my time, otherwise enjoyed it somewhat
    -DOTA 2 - my very first game had all of my teamates quit on me, something that didn't happen in LoL
    -Puzzle Pirates - very interested in puzzle-based gameplay, but too many P2W elements
    -Urban Rivals - simple yet decisive gameplay, but too simple
    -Vindictus - I was never too good at this game, but very challenging and fun gameplay
    -FlyFF - loved flying, didn't love grinding
    -Trickster - never played much, but I did enjoy playing jump characters during the jump event, unfortunately shut down before could experience the higher level content, very repetitive
    -Wizard101 - card-based battle system was fun, but too much was blocked off to free players
    - Lucient Heart - the cupid system seemed interesting, but I could never find a match

Games that I didn't like much/hated:
    -RO 1 - too grindy, gameplay too standard
    -Aion - Never really caught its appeal
    -Lineage II - see above
    -Most games from PWE -OMG! I hate this producer. Almost all of the games are too similar in gameplay to each other. Point and click gameplay gets boring after awhile.
    -Anything from IGG - the games pretty much encourage either being lazy or P2W, pass
    -Any FPS - never was very good at shooters in general, but FPS in particular
    -Runescape - the great majority of the gameplay is members only. I don't have the time to fully exploit the subscriptions
    -Dungeons and Dragons Online - introduced me to DnD, but otherwise, too much grinding, grinding for levels, grinding for favor, grinding for turbine points, etc.
    -Most browser-based MMOs - most of them are too P2W
    -LaTale - looks like Maplestory, but just doesn't compare in my opinion
    -Pandora Saga - there's a reason why it's shut down...

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

You've mentioned most of the games LOL!

Regarding on your concern, just check the newly release F2P mmo this month like

Phantasy Star Online
    Kingdom Under Fire 2
    Eclipse War Online

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

Sdgo is a great 3d person shooter that also has meleeing options, robots with homing missles/megabeams aka no probleming hitting people. and also has lockon (right click to lock onto a target) the game has pve content but i play it mostly for the pvp, however i pve for quest rewards so i could earn more robots etc.

here is a gameplay video berserkD has even more interesting videos so check his channel if you like.
    YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

i play on the worst pc possible so i turn everything off so it looks like this on lowest settings, too bad these were saved in jpg format..

if i turn on all the settings it looks like this

though i was still using lowest settings on my graphic card since it's integrated so this means it wasn't even on the highest settings

http://sd.cherrycredits.com

here is a mirror download link because they block foreign ips from downloading but lets you play it
    http://edge.cdn.starhub.com/sdgo/ful...ntVer0_6_9.zip

the game is far from p2w but you can buy an S rank which is the highest tier with like 15 dollars or so but they don't automaticly win with it and it only takes a few days to build an S rank, i can use the worst C rank and kill most of the S rank users no problem. you also get around 3-4 free S ranks through quests. they also do alot of events so you should keep an eye on it.

here are some screenshots that i saved a while back, this was the older version of sdgo so you could tell the difference in UI

enemy are obviousl your kills, support is assist aka bruising your enemy etc. shotdown is the ammount of deaths

i kept killing them without them noticing my low health and ended up surviving the whole match like that rofl

5 guys came after me and got caught in my special and i gotta admit they were pure stupid, i never expected to kill 5 at once so easily xD

at first they make you do missions until your user rank is 2 strips, after that you're allowed to pvp.

you use both keyboard and mouse to play this game. but you could always change the controls but i find that to be too much of a work and i prefer using wasd in this game.
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 04-29-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Try TERA. If you don't have specs? Then too bad. That's all I can suggest besides Guild Wars 2.

Since you tend to go toward PVE, then you shouldn't play the above poster's game. Eclipse War is also going to have a lot of PVP People in it.

If you can, I suggest trying a pay to play MMORPG called Final Fantasy XIV.

If you can't find anything, you'll just have to wait for Bless Online, which won't run on your machine if you can't run TERA.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 04-29-2014 at 10:09 AM.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

sdgo has plenty of pve, single missions, party missions rofl

I guess if you're going to suggest SDGO, then I'll suggest Warframe, which is meh.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

your post about sdgo makes me want to try it...

is it really not pay to win.....
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

it isn't pay to win for sure, only thing you can really buy is an S rank, you can actually use cash for gacha to get more suits but yeah nothing much except for some utility operators that gives small boosts like exp, lesser fuel usage (can easily recover with your ingame points so i dont find fuel that useful rofl)

also it has this faith system where not paying for a day gives you a exp/point boost, it stacks up to three times i think or four i dont know and if you do single mission where you kill the Master Gundam, you get like 500 points a match which is pretty good. 15 times is 7500 points so every 3 days of break and play 15 single missions on the next day grants you easy 7500 points (well it takes like 2-3 minutes a single mission so its like 45 minutes to waste not to bad though since doing this twice lets you roll capsule machines with only A ranks in them.

honestly dont even have to use your faith buff on single missions but for highest point gain its a popular option.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Try Eclipse War Online. They are in OBT at the moment. It started few days ago. The game have Transformation Card which allows your character to transform in monster. I have read that there are 700+ monster cards to collect. There is also AOS/MOBA style PvP system which is quite awesome in my opinion.

Check out the video link below to see the game preview. I just watched this as well and it made me want to play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiyqBBel6M

Quote Originally Posted by myfaye View Post
    Try Eclipse War Online. They are in OBT at the moment. It started few days ago. The game have Transformation Card which allows your character to transform in monster. I have read that there are 700+ monster cards to collect. There is also AOS/MOBA style PvP system which is quite awesome in my opinion.

Check out the video link below to see the game preview. I just watched this as well and it made me want to play the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiyqBBel6M
    Game has horrible audio compression. Animations are pretty terrible, and the overall textures of the game could be a lot better. Some NPCs are bit glitchy as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast