My Internet

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Default My Internet

Alright guys, for about a week this has been happening and it is driving me bonkers.

I've been sporadically losing my internet from anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hours. It'll just be slow and clunky. I play Smite and it won't even allow me to connect to the matches (yet I can do everything else.) This is the weird part, I can stay on skype, teamspeak, and even be on video chat and have fine connection/feedback, I can even stream something, lose internet and my stream will continue as normal.

It makes honestly no sense. I use Roadrunner on Windows 8 for what it is worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll supply more information if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    Alright guys, for about a week this has been happening and it is driving me bonkers.

I've been sporadically losing my internet from anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hours. It'll just be slow and clunky. I play Smite and it won't even allow me to connect to the matches (yet I can do everything else.) This is the weird part, I can stay on skype, teamspeak, and even be on video chat and have fine connection/feedback, I can even stream something, lose internet and my stream will continue as normal.

It makes honestly no sense. I use Roadrunner on Windows 8 for what it is worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll supply more information if needed.

was gonna said internet worm are something of the like that could be slowing you down. But you said the other stuff is working fine. But im aslo on road runner and mines been a little slugish as well. Any ways have you done a virus scan to be safe?
    Im not crazy you are crazy! Any ways you show me love i will show you love. Cant we just get along and some peace for once

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    I can stay on skype, teamspeak, and even be on video chat and have fine connection/feedback, I can even stream something, lose internet and my stream will continue as normal.
    Most likely one of of the 'hops' on the path your packets take to reach the server is down, causing significant lag/disconnection issues. You'd need to tracert to the Smite servers to be sure but the IPs aren't posted anywhere so... :/

Does it show in windows that there is no internet btw?

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Most likely one of of the 'hops' on the path your packets take to reach the server is down, causing significant lag/disconnection issues. You'd need to tracert to the Smite servers to be sure but the IPs aren't posted anywhere so... :/

Does it show in windows that there is no internet btw?
    I never checked my windows, but I did go on Chrome and I'd lose internet, but Teamspeak and Skype would be perfectly fine. Sorry for the redundancy. I remember even watching something on Twitch while being unable to go on OnRPG and a few other sites.

@N.A.T No I haven't scanned anything recently, but I really don't know man. I hate Anti-virus shit. I pirate (it's 2014 can we say pirate on this site yet?) a lot of shit so my anti-virus tells me every crack in existence is a virus. If I had to DL an Anti-Virus what one should I grab?
    LOL GET IT?

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

With Windows, I mean this:

Does the icon in the taskbar have a exclamation mark or a cross besides it?

For anti-virus, try Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free (if your Windows is legal) and does a good enough job to keep the trash out. Most cracks I stumble across aren't detected by any AV I've used. :/

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    With Windows, I mean this:

Does the icon in the taskbar have a exclamation mark or a cross besides it?

For anti-virus, try Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free (if your Windows is legal) and does a good enough job to keep the trash out. Most cracks I stumble across aren't detected by any AV I've used. :/
    I don't think it does, I haven't lost internet all day (I also have avoided Smite as well) except just now, but it was a split second and I got it back immediately. And I'll give MSE a try, since I do have a legit Windows. Thank you.

Major update: It's Smite. Lol. I had no internet problems this entire day, as soon as I started Smite I got into a queue and lost internet, and I closed out of Smite, 2 minutes later, I had perfect net. I'm so depressed. ;_;
    Last edited by Wicked315; 04-28-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    LOL GET IT?