Anyone here playing ANYTHING?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Default Anyone here playing ANYTHING?

I got $, I got time, and trying to find a DECENT game in general. I'm not picky, I don't care if graphics are cartonish, anime, 2d as long as they are not painful to watch (both 3rd or 2d).

I don't care if the game is PvE/PvP only or both or I wouldn't care either if I'm paying $500 a year if I know exactly what I'm receiving for every single $.

What I do mind are games designed to be played as single players and claim to be MMO's. I do mind games that try to rip me off. I do mind games that in general have bad management either in cash shops or not properly secured and if vulnerabilities do exists at least they are quickly and swiftly taken care of.

So, I ask this community WTF are you playing and more importantly why are you playing it? I'm so curious to see the type of answers I'll get and thats the other saddest part. I'll most likely get the type of responses: cuz my friends play it, cuz there is RvR, open world PvP, raiding, cuz it's turn based, cuz it's NEW, cuz I've been playing it for years and nothing better to move on to, and so on and so on and so on.

THOSE ARE NOT VALID REASONS for one to play a game, since most games are based around those things. So, I'm so curious to see how many players from this community are ACTIVELY playing a game and I would love to get detailed response with ONE GOOD reason why their game is worth to be played compared with the hundred of other games that exist and existed on the market.

It seems like most around here just like to jump into the action and play a casual MOBA/FPS/RTS/card game with their friends and win/lose some games and repeat the same process OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I remember back in the days when I played 100,000 Star Craft matches (1v1/2v2/3v3) the reason I overplayed that game to the core is because there was a lot of conflicts, interaction and epic experiences. I've won some epic battles amonst one of the best players in a pure 1v2 or even 1v3 and saving those replays and showing to the community was priceless. We had clans going on, we had smurfs (hiddin under different names, to just get into those games and destroy those 3v3 newb grinders for perfect score and wins). We had ladder ranking, we had trading (yes trading unique names or names that could not be used anymore) We had user map games for variety, we had A LOT more than just typical, repetitive battlegrounds.

In general, Star Craft 1 was a gem that comes twice a century. The music, the skill cap, the action, the balance and perfection amongst the races. The story, the voices, everything worked smoothly. It was an epic experience, but I just dont see that type of experience in current games out there.

So, anyone here playing ANYTHING?
    Last edited by Kopogero; 05-01-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I'm currently playing Marvel Heroes because currently it entertains me.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I'm currently playing Marvel Heroes because currently it entertains me.
    LOL.....love how you italicized your reply.

But anyways, not to piss the OP off but.....I spend most of my time working nowadays cuz I work for a living and need to pay bills and expenses. I spend a lot of my time playing iPad games The last game that I played ACTIVELY was a few years ago.....Fiesta Online by Outspark, now published by Gamigo. I retired from the game because I didn't like some of the GMs and I was busy with personal life. But I was an active player for 3-4 years.....awesome community. Problem was the GMs kept changing every 4-6 months. If I were to play an MMO, I would have to do a search and find an MMO that is big, active, free, decent graphics, modernized, and possibly a fantasy genre. Maybe Rift or Tera? Not really sure. I choose games with great communities and GMs....oh and I also choose games that are non-sidescroller and are 3D. Hate 2D sprite games. There are TONS of games that look like rip-offs of each other but it's so easy to see which games has crappy service and crappy communities. But there are MILLIONS of gamers out there and every gamer has different taste in a game.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
    LOL.....love how you italicized your reply.

But anyways, not to piss the OP off but.....I spend most of my time working nowadays cuz I work for a living and need to pay bills and expenses. I spend a lot of my time playing iPad games The last game that I played ACTIVELY was a few years ago.....Fiesta Online by Outspark, now published by Gamigo. I retired from the game because I didn't like some of the GMs and I was busy with personal life. But I was an active player for 3-4 years.....awesome community. Problem was the GMs kept changing every 4-6 months. If I were to play an MMO, I would have to do a search and find an MMO that is big, active, free, decent graphics, modernized, and possibly a fantasy genre. Maybe Rift or Tera? Not really sure. I choose games with great communities and GMs....oh and I also choose games that are non-sidescroller and are 3D. Hate 2D sprite games. There are TONS of games that look like rip-offs of each other but it's so easy to see which games has crappy service and crappy communities. But there are MILLIONS of gamers out there and every gamer has different taste in a game.
    That beginning part of your reply was not needed. He asked if anyone is playing anything, not if you're working or jacking the **** off.

Entropia Universe Journalist Reputation: 55

Entropia Universe
    Because it is an established RCE.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cooka View Post
    That beginning part of your reply was not needed. He asked if anyone is playing anything, not if you're working or jacking the **** off.
    He can put whatever he feels like as long as he is on topic. No need to be such a douche.

Anyways, I'm currently playing FF: ARR right now. I love all of the boss fights, they require precise group coordination and tactics. Definitely a good game to play with some friends and a good guild. I've been playing since launch back in August and no game has really interested me as much as this one. Music is really good too. Check out some videos on Youtube of some of the primal fights.

Rock Man Reputation: 10

I don't quite understand what OP is asking. It seems he is ranting about the quality of games of recent to what he's experienced.

It seems you really need to ask will this game entertain you?

The games I played in 2012 - 2013 is The Secret World, Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn simply because it entertained me the time I played it. The reason I stopped playing is simply because I didn't find it entertaining anymore through the choice of the developer or Game Director/Producer.

Now in search of a new game that I find that will entertain me for x amount of time.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Cooka View Post
    lol like your post answered the op's question.

im playing dota 2 and starting up tera - only playing cause my friends play - i played dawngate on my own time but i quickly got tired of it.

i'm also looking for that MMO that will take my life away from me like what GW1 did back in the day D=

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10
    Where ever you will live, I will find you

Dota 2
    Eclipse War Online
    Battlefield 4
    Diablo 3

But most of the time I spend my time on Dota 2 and Battlefield 4 since its not boring and grindfest thing

My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ QUAD CORE
    Graphic Card: Powercolor Devil R9 270x 2gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Corsair Vengeance 8gbx2 ddr3 1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

playing a little Guild Wars 2 - the most immersive multiplayer game I've ever played, and the combat is great. very fluid. and there are a lot of ways to support my allies

and a lot of Wakfu - tactical game, and I love tactics, and it has some of the most extensive support play I've ever seen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast